Original Alexander Julian Charlotte Hornets Logo

TruColor

Jesus. That shirt should come with suspenders and 15 pieces of 'flair.'

Also, many people don't know this, but the guy from the Muggsy picture wearing the 'Married with Children' shirt is our very own Scott Pagan.

Or a Bedazzler kit.

Really? That's Pagan? Cool.

No, it's not. But that's who I see when I read one of his posts :) That or Stork from 'Animal House.'

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should post the image I have of their "shooting shirt" from that first year. Absolutely ridiculous.

http://www.jamd.com/image/g/848648

muggsy

Here's a shot from the 1988-1989 uniform guide:

CharlotteHornets_SHS_1988.jpg

In 1988, Alexander Julian probably sold that same shirt as part of the Colours line, minus the sleeve cuffs. I have a friend who might have owned it.

All of this shows why fashion designers should stick to designing clothes other than athletic uniforms.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Those jerseys kill me. Pinstripes that inexplicably don't continue onto the shorts...I never understood that.

Actually, those were the ONLY, ONLY, ONLY pinstripes on a basketball uniform that I thought looked any kind of good. The Magic's, by contrast, way too busy and commanded attention over the rest of the uni design.

And yes, I absolutely adore that Julian Hornets logo. I started a thread about that years ago on the Creamerboard and got no likeminded responses, so i'm glad to see some sense has crept up in this outhouse. :D

Those jerseys kill me. Pinstripes that inexplicably don't continue onto the shorts...I never understood that.

Actually, those were the ONLY, ONLY, ONLY pinstripes on a basketball uniform that I thought looked any kind of good. The Magic's, by contrast, way too busy and commanded attention over the rest of the uni design.

And yes, I absolutely adore that Julian Hornets logo. I started a thread about that years ago on the Creamerboard and got no likeminded responses, so i'm glad to see some sense has crept up in this outhouse. :D

Except that they're not pinstripes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Except that they're not pinstripes.

technically not, but pinstripes in their traditional sense have no place on a basketball uni (Magic purists sure to disagree, I know).

Another crazy thing about these uniforms was the plethora of colors used:

CharlotteHornets_FRC_1997_SOL_SRGB.jpg

For the original uniforms, TWO different Purples were used - one used for the logos only, and a completely different one for the uniforms. This was simplified for the re-design of the unis in 1997-1998. The "logo" Purple was used exclusively. I'm actually not sure which Purple was used for the alt. uni that was worn.

And I've mentioned this before, but the primary trim color on the uniforms and especially the warmups was NOT Purple; it was Royal Blue.

And real quick, from pictures i've found online here's a compilation of the Charlotte Hornets uniforms.

Now, these aren't 100 % accurate, in fact I know for certain that there are a few mistakes, but it's a good visual reference that proves that the Charlotte Hornets did have 2 uniforms sets.

Here we have the original Home and road:

chaunis.png

And they were accompanied by a purple alternate:

chaunis2.png

Then, the Baron Davis era, later on they wore these:

chaunis3.png

chaunis4.png

And real quick, from pictures i've found online here's a compilation of the Charlotte Hornets uniforms.

Now, these aren't 100 % accurate, in fact I know for certain that there are a few mistakes, but it's a good visual reference that proves that the Charlotte Hornets did have 2 uniforms sets.

Here we have the original Home and road:

chaunis.png

And they were accompanied by a purple alternate:

chaunis2.png

Then, the Baron Davis era, later on they wore these:

chaunis3.png

chaunis4.png

I realize you've already admitted that there are mistakes, but the biggest one involves the trim color. It was Royal Blue on the White and Teal jerseys, as I've stated.

I realize you've already admitted that there are mistakes, but the biggest one involves the trim color. It was Royal Blue on the White and Teal jerseys, as I've stated.

Oh alright, yeah I though I had royal blue, guess not.

Yah mistakes include the pinstriping (if that's a word?) on the shorts and the bottom trim on the shorts, among other ones. Basically you can see that the uniforms were significantly different.

Thanks

Archived