MLB 2028

JayJaxon

Very interesting stuff so far. My favorite is the Brewers at the moment. I'm curious to see what you'll come up with for my Marlins.

If you remember a little while back, I tried to pull off a Miami Marlins project and everyone hated it. I really hope I can do better this time around. Any suggestions? Because I am honestly thinking of using (gasp!) Orange. haha

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the Giants set, I think you definitely accomplished what you set out to do. Keep up the good work and stay safe over there.

Thank you and I appreciate it. With the Giants, it was hard because I like their current set. (a problem I am seeing more and more as I work on these.) So I wanted to go back in time a little bit as teams often do. I am glad it reminds people of the 80's look because it really is not too much like the script that was used back then. So I am glad you like the set, and there is much more to come.

I realize that once I decided to keep red, it dominated the set, and I'm glad you let me know what you thought. I honestly didn't know people hated the lettering that much. haha. But back to the concept, I am happy to go back to the drawing board on this one. Do you have any suggestions for a script that you think would look better for this? Either e-mail me, or let me know on the message board, because I have nothing but time to fix it. Thanks again.

Yeah, alot of fans hate the current look. Some dont care, and some like it, but most hate it.

Here are my suggestion for the bucs:

1. Keep it old school.

2. Vests are ok as primaries.

3. Black and Gold only. NO RED. You used the correct shade of gold, though. Kudos on that, dont change it.

4. All black cap with gold "P", and/or this hat: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Xs...xGL._AA280_.jpg

5. Scrap the current logos. Go old school and use this: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2893 or some other old logo

6. As for wordmarks, id use this: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2307 on the home and even the road, or use this on the road ones: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2055

7. Keep the "P" Gold. Outline it in black if nessicary, but a primarily black "P" doesnt look right.

8. The piratey numbers have been used for a few decades now, and look ok if done right. Block numbers are a good choice to.

oBIgzrL.png

I just looked at these for the first time today and I have to say it is nicely done. I'm not sure I like the Charlotte Knights jerseys though. The St. Louis Cardinals have the best jerseys in my mind, but I also like the Mets and the Brewers. The Pirates and the White or should I say Dirty Sox have absolutely horrific uniforms, but I can see some teams coming up with those types of uniforms. This is very intriguing and I can't wait until you do the Twins.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I realize that once I decided to keep red, it dominated the set, and I'm glad you let me know what you thought. I honestly didn't know people hated the lettering that much. haha. But back to the concept, I am happy to go back to the drawing board on this one. Do you have any suggestions for a script that you think would look better for this? Either e-mail me, or let me know on the message board, because I have nothing but time to fix it. Thanks again.

Yeah, alot of fans hate the current look. Some dont care, and some like it, but most hate it.

Here are my suggestion for the bucs:

1. Keep it old school.

2. Vests are ok as primaries.

3. Black and Gold only. NO RED. You used the correct shade of gold, though. Kudos on that, dont change it.

4. All black cap with gold "P", and/or this hat: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Xs...xGL._AA280_.jpg

5. Scrap the current logos. Go old school and use this: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2893 or some other old logo

6. As for wordmarks, id use this: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2307 on the home and even the road, or use this on the road ones: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2055

7. Keep the "P" Gold. Outline it in black if nessicary, but a primarily black "P" doesnt look right.

8. The piratey numbers have been used for a few decades now, and look ok if done right. Block numbers are a good choice to.

Other than the fact that I think vests are a little wimpy, I wouldn't change much about the current look. (I didn't know that people hated it so much? I've been a Bucs fan for quite a while now.) It's essentially what they wore in the 50's and 60's. But, most certainly NO RED. The only red allowed is that which is on the Crawfords uniforms they wear on throwback days or else the bandana on the current Pirate logo.

The P should either be gold or black, if used on a gold cap (i.e. Roberto Clemente era caps). Take Maz's suggestion about the wordmarks. And if you do use those wordmarks, stick with the (as they were so eloquently called by Maz) "Piratey" numerals as opposed to block numbers. They are unique to the Bucs.

Granted, this is your redesign and the idea is inherently "change for the sake of change," so sticking with basically what they have doesn't jive with the spirit of this. Really, in all likelihood, the Bucs still won't have a winning season 20 years from now, so it won't matter what they wear. :cry:

The 2010 Season saw the New York Mets in a terrible slump. Although they were just 6 1/2 games behind the first place Marlins, they still trailed the Braves and Nationals too, needing a miracle to even get close to the Wild Card. As the owner sat in the press box, he was going over proposed uniform designs for the team. Right when he lifted the folder with design proposal number 6, Carlos Beltran hit a game winning grand slam. The Mets went on to win an unbelievable 27 out of 32 to run away with the division. The owner saw this as a sign and chose this as the new design.

Designers note: When I was looking through the Mets logos on here to get ideas, I noticed that black apparently is not that popular among the Mets faithful. I tried to take as much out as I could. Per some advice I got, I brought the size down so it may be easier to see, but It looks so forced that I decided to include a link for the bigger version that you will find under the picture. I will now go back and see if I can improve the Yankees and Knights while you guys have a look at the Mets.

Mainlogo.gif

BIGGER VERSION OF METS SET

Since it's 2028, the Freedom Tower should be completed by 2013, therefore an updated skyline should be considered; Granted the WTC was not in the original logo to begin with and also running on this being the MLB of the future, wouldn't it seem just to include this building?

I like the ideas you have given me for the Pirates and I will be doing another set. Thanks for the feedback on that. I feel like I can give it a new look with the old-school logos that you suggested, let's see if I can pull it off.

I am currently working on several teams. Baltimore and Minnesota are the closest to being done, and it will be out in the next couple of days. Then I will go back to work on the Pirates and see if I can't crank out a Blue Jays and Dodgers as well. Thanks for checking it out, and stay tuned for more.

I'm just wondering if you are thinking about making vests for the Twins. They have vests right now that they wear every so often and I actually kind of like them. I would also like to make a suggestion. I would love to see a uniform for the Twins as a vest with a TC patch in the corner like what you did for the Cards or the Mets. I think that would look pretty good, but it is your project and I'm sure you are coming up with something that I will like because I have liked all of them but the Sox and Bucs so far. Keep it going.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Here are the Twins. The changes are minor. I removed the pinstripes and the stripe that goes under the Twins word mark. I experimented with a few different things, and this is what the end result was. The TC logo was the hardest part, simply because I did not want to change it too much. Enjoy. The next team up will be the Blue Jays. As soon as I can create a logo for them, I'll post it up.

TwinsPresentation.jpg

I love it! especially the blue alternates and the road vest.

I'm not sure about the new TC though.

I was a little worried about the TC logo when I changed it. But I don't feel that it took anything away from the set. I'm glad you like it

Here is Baltimore and Toronto. With the Orioles I wanted to keep the script they currently have but add 'Baltimore' to the road jersey. As with most of the other sets, a vest is included. The main logo is now the bird peering through the hole in the letter O. The script I used for 'Baltimore' is bound to stir a little controversy

because it is nothing like the home script, but I don't feel that they need to match, so that is why I stuck with it. I hope you enjoy.

OsPresentationcopy.gif

I wanted to have a lot of BLUE in the Blue Jays set. I went back to the '92,'93 championship years with this set, just updated the look. At one point there were a lot of Blue Jays concepts coming out, and I am glad I got to see what everyone else was doing before I released mine. I didn't change the logo too much, but did include the maple leaf because I feel it should be part of the logo of the only Canadian professional baseball team. The main colors are dark and light blue. I would love to know what everyone thinks about this set.

BlueJaysPresentationcopy.gif

At one point I was working on 4 sets at a time. Now that I have completed the last of those sets, I am starting fresh again with a new set. So while I tweak the Pirates, I would love to know what you guys would like to see next.

Here is Baltimore and Toronto. With the Orioles I wanted to keep the script they currently have but add 'Baltimore' to the road jersey. As with most of the other sets, a vest is included. The main logo is now the bird peering through the hole in the letter O. The script I used for 'Baltimore' is bound to stir a little controversy

because it is nothing like the home script, but I don't feel that they need to match, so that is why I stuck with it. I hope you enjoy.

OsPresentationcopy.gif

I wanted to have a lot of BLUE in the Blue Jays set. I went back to the '92,'93 championship years with this set, just updated the look. At one point there were a lot of Blue Jays concepts coming out, and I am glad I got to see what everyone else was doing before I released mine. I didn't change the logo too much, but did include the maple leaf because I feel it should be part of the logo of the only Canadian professional baseball team. The main colors are dark and light blue. I would love to know what everyone thinks about this set.

BlueJaysPresentationcopy.gif

At one point I was working on 4 sets at a time. Now that I have completed the last of those sets, I am starting fresh again with a new set. So while I tweak the Pirates, I would love to know what you guys would like to see next.

LOVE the return of split lettering. HATE the bird in maple leaf logo. Personally I'm a fan of a BP cap logo that they were using in the late 90's. See here: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=1420, and I like the simplistic T cap logo.

Maybe a drastic change could incorporate the CN Tower (renamed Rogers MLSE Tower in 2018)

The blue on blue would be similar (to much so?) to the CFL's Argonauts.

For those discussing realignment. The BoSox and Yankees are the only rivalries that the Jays have/had. They had a pretty hot rivalry with Det during the 80's, as well as more moderate rivalries with Min and Mil. I'm sure if the Jays were put into an AL central with Det, Cle, and Chi would produce new and increased rivalries.

Archived