MLB 2028

JayJaxon

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOVE the sets!

So tell us, Jay, how did the Twins, Orioles, and Blue Jays do between 2008 and 2028?

I apologize for not including the 20 year history of the teams with the sets, but I'm currently in a position where I don't get a lot of internet time. But not to worry. I will write them up and have it out in a couple of days at the latest! I can tell you that all three teams make the World Series in the next 20 years...but which team will win it? ;)

Here is Baltimore and Toronto. With the Orioles I wanted to keep the script they currently have but add 'Baltimore' to the road jersey. As with most of the other sets, a vest is included. The main logo is now the bird peering through the hole in the letter O. The script I used for 'Baltimore' is bound to stir a little controversy

because it is nothing like the home script, but I don't feel that they need to match, so that is why I stuck with it. I hope you enjoy.

I wanted to have a lot of BLUE in the Blue Jays set. I went back to the '92,'93 championship years with this set, just updated the look. At one point there were a lot of Blue Jays concepts coming out, and I am glad I got to see what everyone else was doing before I released mine. I didn't change the logo too much, but did include the maple leaf because I feel it should be part of the logo of the only Canadian professional baseball team. The main colors are dark and light blue. I would love to know what everyone thinks about this set.

At one point I was working on 4 sets at a time. Now that I have completed the last of those sets, I am starting fresh again with a new set. So while I tweak the Pirates, I would love to know what you guys would like to see next.

LOVE the return of split lettering. HATE the bird in maple leaf logo. Personally I'm a fan of a BP cap logo that they were using in the late 90's. See here: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=1420, and I like the simplistic T cap logo.

Maybe a drastic change could incorporate the CN Tower (renamed Rogers MLSE Tower in 2018)

The blue on blue would be similar (to much so?) to the CFL's Argonauts.

For those discussing realignment. The BoSox and Yankees are the only rivalries that the Jays have/had. They had a pretty hot rivalry with Det during the 80's, as well as more moderate rivalries with Min and Mil. I'm sure if the Jays were put into an AL central with Det, Cle, and Chi would produce new and increased rivalries.

You bring up a good point. I didn't even think about the Argonauts when I did this set. But I suppose I can just chalk it up to Toronto doing what several other cities have done with two or more of their sports teams. Many places have the same color scheme, but I'm glad you brought that up. I knew the Blue Jays main logo was a little iffy, but with that, I was trying to avoid doing what other people were doing. I'll tweak it a little and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the suggestions.

Here are the Twins. The changes are minor. I removed the pinstripes and the stripe that goes under the Twins word mark. I experimented with a few different things, and this is what the end result was. The TC logo was the hardest part, simply because I did not want to change it too much. Enjoy. The next team up will be the Blue Jays. As soon as I can create a logo for them, I'll post it up.

TwinsPresentation.jpg

I love these Twins sets, lovin the clean looks.

Here is Baltimore and Toronto. With the Orioles I wanted to keep the script they currently have but add 'Baltimore' to the road jersey. As with most of the other sets, a vest is included. The main logo is now the bird peering through the hole in the letter O. The script I used for 'Baltimore' is bound to stir a little controversy

because it is nothing like the home script, but I don't feel that they need to match, so that is why I stuck with it. I hope you enjoy.

OsPresentationcopy.gif

I wanted to have a lot of BLUE in the Blue Jays set. I went back to the '92,'93 championship years with this set, just updated the look. At one point there were a lot of Blue Jays concepts coming out, and I am glad I got to see what everyone else was doing before I released mine. I didn't change the logo too much, but did include the maple leaf because I feel it should be part of the logo of the only Canadian professional baseball team. The main colors are dark and light blue. I would love to know what everyone thinks about this set.

BlueJaysPresentationcopy.gif

At one point I was working on 4 sets at a time. Now that I have completed the last of those sets, I am starting fresh again with a new set. So while I tweak the Pirates, I would love to know what you guys would like to see next.

I'm liking the Blue Jays and Orioles uniform concepts. Both teams have the feel of the championship pasts.

I am heavy into the Nationals right now, with the Rockies, Dodgers, Reds, and Royals not far behind. The Indians are currently in the planning stage. I am thinking of going a completely different direction with one or more of these teams. Stay tuned.

I want to use at least a few teams to do a 100% complete overhaul with. (Logos, colors, the works) and I wanted the Nationals to be that team. But I bombed it before I even got it out to you guys, so I went back to the drawing board and this is what I came up with. I used the same cap logos, just changed some colors. The cap logos I was working on for this set were not great, so I thought the best thing to do in that situation was use the ones they have (which I like anyway) The most 'radical' change in the set is the word mark. I was scanning through my fonts and just thought this one looked right for the Nationals. I hope you guys agree. Anyway, here they are, the Washington Nationals.

NationalsPresentation.gif

Next up, the New York Yankees

The Yankees are a model for tradition still in 2028. They are still the only team in baseball to never put names on the back of their jerseys, and in 2028 they are one of the few teams left that use pinstripes. They have tweaked their look however, and adopted a full time dark alternate that doubles as the teams batting practice jersey. The team did away with the longtime 'Uncle Sam Hat' logo that had been around for decades and went with a tweaked interlocking 'NY' as the primary. around 2010, the front office realized that the Yankees had been using two different interlocking 'NY' logos for years, and decided to make the logo the same on the jersey and cap. This however did not change the luck of the franchise that has 26 World titles, but none since 2000.

OLD YANKEES

YankeesSet.gif

NEW YANKEES

NEWYankeesSet.gif

You forgot one thing on your timeline:

2009: New MLB commissioner PackerBadger assesses a fine of $1 million per player per game for any player whose last name is not on the back of his uniform.

Packers-2.png

Hopin for the 2028 Mariners...... :D

I am currently working on a Mariners set. Any suggestions on how I should tackle this one?

Can you do the 2028 Reds.

Will do.

I'm loving the jays powder blue you designed - it's absolutely gorgeous. I also really like the number font used in the Nats' jerseys.

Thanks. I thought the powder blues would be popular. Someone mentioned that they didn't like the Blue Jays main logo, and the more I look at it, I kinda don't like it either. I will work on it some more. But thanks for your comments.

how about white trim on the DC roads? not many any teams have white outlines on road unis. think Chicago White Sox>\

I agree. I will try that out and see how it looks. Thanks for your suggestion.

Archived