MLB 2028

JayJaxon

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ - I don't know why you have been so apologetic over the Cubs changes. There isn't a thing wrong with them; they are one of the better sets you have done so far in fact.

By the way, inquiring minds want to know, well my mind anyway - how has the legwear evolved? Are the pants still down to the shoes? Are stirrups back? Has anyone tried *gasp* shorts again?

LT

JJ - I don't know why you have been so apologetic over the Cubs changes. There isn't a thing wrong with them; they are one of the better sets you have done so far in fact.

By the way, inquiring minds want to know, well my mind anyway - how has the legwear evolved? Are the pants still down to the shoes? Are stirrups back? Has anyone tried *gasp* shorts again?

LT

Thank you for the comments on the Cubs set. As with any historic team that means so much to a lot of people, I do worry about respecting the team and the history. The reason for this is because I am the exact same way. There are not as many of us 'hardcore' baseball fans left. The hardest one for me to do will be the Braves, because how am I going to be able to re-design a uniform that is not only historic and popular, but one that belongs to my favorite team? But the overwhelming support of this project by people like you help me to realize that no team is ever gonna wear the stuff anyway, so why not have fun with it? One person mentioned that he could actually see some of this stuff on the field in 20 years. That is the reaction I am going for. Thanks again, and now on to the history of baseball legware over the next 20 years.

Not much going on in this department. The White Sox were the last to wear the shorts (Thank God!) and the players continued to wear the baggy trousers. Some were wearing them so baggy that they would get caught on an opposing players spikes when he slides into second, or the player would get caught on his OWN spikes in the field or on the base paths. Teams started monitoring the payers and regulating how much bigger the trousers can be. Stirrups starting coming back when the size of the trousers were getting put into MLB law. But there are more superstitious reasons why the high legs started popping up around baseball. The Brewers were down 2 games to none in the 2018 World Series. They had just moved back to the AL two years prior and were facing the Padres. Game 3 went into extra innings after a 3 run home run in the 9th tied it up for San Diego. Going into the 12th, the Brewers trotted back out onto the field having all exposed their stirrups to try to bring some good luck. They won in the next inning and dominated the next 3 games, outscoring the Padres 33-2, to win the World Series. The next season the Brewers wore stirrups all year long, and other teams caught on. Stripes came back, and the teams looked better than ever on the field. But by 2028, some players started bringing their pant legs down again. It's sad. Hope this answers your question!

I don't know why you thought the Cubs set would be bad...I think it is really good and I agree, it is probably the best one you have done so far. I also like the white sox one too.

Any ideas for the Phillies yet?

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

I don't know why you thought the Cubs set would be bad...I think it is really good and I agree, it is probably the best one you have done so far. I also like the white sox one too.

Any ideas for the Phillies yet?

Thank you! I posted a Phillies concept a few weeks back, and I want to go along the lines of that, but at the same time I want to start from scratch with them. I think they have a decent set, but I want them to have Maroon and I want them to put 'Philadelphia' on their jersey. For the sake of this project, I may just use a different font for them, but expect maroon and light blue as the primary colors.

My plan is to put out one concept today. over the weekend I was able to complete 7, but some are concepts I had been working on before. From here on out I'm gonna be starting from scratch on most teams. if there is anything in particular you guys want to see from a team I have not put out yet, feel free to post them here. The teams I have in mind next are the Twins, Indians, and I saw a concept for the Rockies I think yesterday, and it gave me some ideas for them. So continue to comment and look out for the next one.

For The Giants add orange and black unis. Both of them are classics from the past

I really couldn't see myself doing a ton of changes for the Giants. But I do want a black and orange jersey for the set. The Giants are gonna be one of those teams that will have some changes, but not a completely new identity.

Not only did the Cubs finally capture a World Series title in 2008, they did it again in 2009 in convincing fashion. But 2010 proved to be a tough year for the 2-time defending champions as injuries cut their playoff hopes short. It would be 6 years before they made the playoffs again. The uniform change was a bit of a surprise to the Cubs faithful. The owner wanted to be part of the vest era that was quickly developing in MLB, and in the process he eliminated the pinstripes. He also decided to use the 'cub' patch as the primary logo to give the team an intimidating look. They were no longer the lovable losers, so he felt justified in doing so. The fans were not happy.

Designers Note: I agonized over this one all day. In the end I decided to just put the logo I wanted out there and see how hard I get slammed for it. But before anyone starts an uproar over me messing with tradition, keep in mind that the logo the Cubs currently wear on their chest has only been around since 1979, so that made me feel a little better about changing it. Enjoy.

CubsSet.gif

As a HUGE Cubs fan, I like this set. Personally, I think the home alts are better and I would still love to see pinstripes. But, it's YOUR concept so who are we to complain about what you've done here. You're laying your ideas, creativity and design capabilities on the line while we enjoy. I think you're doing a great job and I can't wait to see all of the other teams.

gYH2mW9.png

LT

I don't know about shorts but I bet the Mariners tried kilts sometime in the next 20 years. :P

I love the Cubs new look.

When dealing with 4 team division scheduling I have always projected the following scheduling rules:

14 games in division. 42 Total

12 games vs 1 in league division 48 Total*

6 games vs remaining league divisons 48 Total

6 games vs 1 division of opposing league 24 Total

* This rotates so that each year a different in league division is doubled up.

Or you coud go with a very unorthodox 8 games vs league opponents. Which I think would be a scheduling nightmare.

8 games vs league opponents. 96 Total

Howzabout dem buccos?

They got rid of the red, right?

They finally went above .500, right?

They did something, right?...

right? :(

:P

Knowing the Bucs, they're probably still under .500 in 2028. 30+ losing seasons... :cry: (if they haven't been sold and moved by this point).

Introducing your Oklahoma City Pirates!

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

are you going to finish the twins tonight?

I guess that depends on how late you wanna stay up and wait for it. :) Seriously though, I'm working on it now, but I'm not quite sure when I'll be done. I will try to push it out tonight though

CubsSet.gif

As a HUGE Cubs fan, I like this set. Personally, I think the home alts are better and I would still love to see pinstripes. But, it's YOUR concept so who are we to complain about what you've done here. You're laying your ideas, creativity and design capabilities on the line while we enjoy. I think you're doing a great job and I can't wait to see all of the other teams.

Thank you so much for your support while I do this. The best part is when the fans of the teams like the designs. As much as I worried about the Cubbies, the set has got some great reviews, and it looks like one of the favorites next to the Brewers. Thank you for respecting my ideas and understanding that I am trying to respect the teams as much as I can, even though none of this stuff will get past being posted on this board. Thanks again and I can't wait to crank more of these out.

LT

I don't know about shorts but I bet the Mariners tried kilts sometime in the next 20 years. :P

I love the Cubs new look.

When dealing with 4 team division scheduling I have always projected the following scheduling rules:

12 games vs 1 in league division 48 Total*

6 games vs remaining league divisons 48 Total

* This rotates so that each year a different in league division is doubled up.

Or you coud go with a very unorthodox 8 games vs league opponents. Which I think would be a scheduling nightmare.

8 games vs league opponents. 96 Total

Kilts? I dunno if that will change their luck at all, but they have tried everything else lol. Now when you come up with the scheduling deal, you said 4 team division but I assume you mean 5 right? I just wanna clear that up for everyone that is in on the 'division/interleague/schedule' portion of this thread.

Howzabout dem buccos?

They got rid of the red, right?

They finally went above .500, right?

They did something, right?...

right? :(

Knowing the Bucs, they're probably still under .500 in 2028. 30+ losing seasons... :cry: (if they haven't been sold and moved by this point).

Introducing your Oklahoma City Pirates!

Oh no, not Oklahoma City! lol. I don't think I would have the heart to move a team like the Pirates, even in my fantasy futuristic world lol.

Now when you come up with the scheduling deal, you said 4 team division but I assume you mean 5 right? I just wanna clear that up for everyone that is in on the 'division/interleague/schedule' portion of this thread.

Nope 4 divisions of 4 each for after the addition of teams 31 and 32 (Charlotte and Portland in your case)

Now when you come up with the scheduling deal, you said 4 team division but I assume you mean 5 right? I just wanna clear that up for everyone that is in on the 'division/interleague/schedule' portion of this thread.

Nope 4 divisions of 4 each for after the addition of teams 31 and 32 (Charlotte and Portland in your case)

Okay, I get what you are saying now. I have no idea why I was still thinking in terms of the playoff format they currently have. Thank you for clearing that up.

Okay, I will not be done with the Twins tonight, mainly because I am screwing up the TC logo. on the left is a modified version of the current TC logo. On the right is one of my abominations. My question is, would you guys rather me go with the current one shown here? Or go back to the drawing board to create one of my own? I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

TC.jpgTC2.jpg

The Twins TC logo is one of those that is tough to beat.Whether you love it or hate it - I love it- changing it doesn't seem right. Although I do like your update of the Cardinals StL, I don't like this one. (Using the same font as the Cardinals doesn't help). All around the Twin Cities, you see variations of the TC logo on company vans and the like, and none of them seem to be as good as the original.I would say either use the original or do a modification of that abomination of a cap logo- you know - the "m".

The Twins TC logo is one of those that is tough to beat.Whether you love it or hate it - I love it- changing it doesn't seem right. Although I do like your update of the Cardinals StL, I don't like this one. (Using the same font as the Cardinals doesn't help). All around the Twin Cities, you see variations of the TC logo on company vans and the like, and none of them seem to be as good as the original.I would say either use the original or do a modification of that abomination of a cap logo- you know - the "m".

LOL, I know what you mean about the 'M' logo. I also know what you mean about the TC logo. It is a classic and I really don't wanna change it. Thanks for the advice.

Archived