MLB 2028

JayJaxon

I want to use at least a few teams to do a 100% complete overhaul with. (Logos, colors, the works) and I wanted the Nationals to be that team. But I bombed it before I even got it out to you guys, so I went back to the drawing board and this is what I came up with. I used the same cap logos, just changed some colors. The cap logos I was working on for this set were not great, so I thought the best thing to do in that situation was use the ones they have (which I like anyway) The most 'radical' change in the set is the word mark. I was scanning through my fonts and just thought this one looked right for the Nationals. I hope you guys agree. Anyway, here they are, the Washington Nationals.

NationalsPresentation.gif

Really digging the addition of gold to this set

This is a great series dude, keep up the good work :D

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to use at least a few teams to do a 100% complete overhaul with. (Logos, colors, the works) and I wanted the Nationals to be that team. But I bombed it before I even got it out to you guys, so I went back to the drawing board and this is what I came up with. I used the same cap logos, just changed some colors. The cap logos I was working on for this set were not great, so I thought the best thing to do in that situation was use the ones they have (which I like anyway) The most 'radical' change in the set is the word mark. I was scanning through my fonts and just thought this one looked right for the Nationals. I hope you guys agree. Anyway, here they are, the Washington Nationals.

NationalsPresentation.gif

It looks really nice. Great choice of font, too, and the gold really brings it all together.

yankeessigob9.png

I finished the Reds sooner than I thought I would, so here they are. I knew the word mark was going to be hit or miss with this one, because they really don't have a word mark that defines them like other teams. I went in a direction that displays an old school feel to the oldest continuous baseball team. There is more black in this set than in any previous Reds set, and I know it will remind people of the Cincinnati college team, (it reminded me of them too) But in the end I feel I chose the right color for a secondary. I did put in a 'throwback' style jersey in there, and I'm not sure of the full display of 'REDS' across the chest. I will count on the feedback you guys give me on that one. The Rangers are probably gonna be next, with the Royals soon after that.

RedsPresentation.gif

I finished the Reds sooner than I thought I would, so here they are. I knew the word mark was going to be hit or miss with this one, because they really don't have a word mark that defines them like other teams. I went in a direction that displays an old school feel to the oldest continuous baseball team. There is more black in this set than in any previous Reds set, and I know it will remind people of the Cincinnati college team, (it reminded me of them too) But in the end I feel I chose the right color for a secondary. I did put in a 'throwback' style jersey in there, and I'm not sure of the full display of 'REDS' across the chest. I will count on the feedback you guys give me on that one. The Rangers are probably gonna be next, with the Royals soon after that.

RedsPresentation.gif

Love the black and the all-around idea of the concept. Nice job on the Reds. Rangers next???

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

I am about 90% sure that the Rangers will be next. I'm just working on an alternate logo for them.

Sweet!

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Here are the Giants and the Pirates!

I can't get into too much detail on the history right now with these two because I am in Iraq and the internet sucks. But these are the two I have completed.

As you can see the Pirates adopted red as an official color, with it outlining the script and the piping of the uniform. I like the Pirates script and didn't want to really get away from that, and I couldn't make up my mind on which jerseys to use, so I just included them all for you guys to look at. Any thoughts on which ones you would keep or trash? I did include one 'Throwback' edition that has no red. Can't wait to hear what you guys think.

PiratesPresentation.gif

With the Giants, I wanted to come up with an 'Updated' retro feel. I think I accomplished that, but of course it depends on what you guys think. A friend of mine (a Giants fan) likes this set, but now that I'm releasing it to the masses, we will have to see if it is up to par with the other sets in this project. Thank you guysfor being patient. I am currently working on the Twins, Dodgers, and I am starting the Portland team from scratch, so I hope you guys like it too.

GiantsPresentation.gif

No. The Pirates should not wear red. I think they should wear maybe white jersey with black pinstripes. Actually, anything but red.

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

back when I posted the Pirates set, several people expressed their distaste for the red in the set. I took suggestions, and when I have posted the last team, I will make tweaks and corrections where I have been informed to make them, and I will send some back on the board for review. The new Pirates will not have any red. Per some great advice, I am going to go old school with the set. Thanks for your input.

if I could make a suggestion for the Astro's logo, I'd suggest turning the star 90 degrees counter clockwise, so that it makes a letter "A".

I will experiment with that. Any suggestions for colors or a change of word mark for them? I'll try anything once. Sometimes twice. :-)

back when I posted the Pirates set, several people expressed their distaste for the red in the set. I took suggestions, and when I have posted the last team, I will make tweaks and corrections where I have been informed to make them, and I will send some back on the board for review. The new Pirates will not have any red. Per some great advice, I am going to go old school with the set. Thanks for your input.

If it's not to much to ask, I'd like to see a new logo. Using like the traditional "P", but also incorporating a pirate ship, similar to the Columbus Clippers logo. BUt it's not really necessary.

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

I like your concepts so far. I was expecting to see some ridiculous sets when I clicked on the thread (like those silly Turn Ahead the Clock jerseys from a few years ago) but these seem like probable changes. My favorite so far is your Pittsburgh concept. The Pirates would look awesome if they embraced the use of more red.

The Pirates would look awesome if they embraced the use of more red.

Unfortunately, it would mean no more tradition. Black and gold are synonymous with the city of Pittsburgh, and any other colors in the mix is simply blasphemy!

sig1.gif

RedsPresentation.gif

The black alternate one is my new favorite of the 14 made so far. The lettering looks really nice. Incorperating black was a real good decsion, especially on the road jerseys.

yankeessigob9.png

Archived