MLB 2028

JayJaxon

LOVE the gold pinstripes on the Brewers unis. It's such a simple idea, yet really gives them a unique, modern identity. Although I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Brewers will have already had one major identity switch by 2028. Maybe it's just wishful thinking because I hate how their current identity reeks of Miller.

But as a Brewers fan who was once a "get the Brewers back in the AL where they belong" militant, I have to say that by 2028 they'll have been in the NL for 30 years, which is 3 years longer than they were in the AL. Even as it stands right now, Milwaukee's only been an NL city for 5 years less than an AL city (if you count the Braves... and please believe the old Braves still have a following in metro Milwaukee the same way the Dodgers do in Brooklyn).

It's still your project though (a very interesting one at that) and I'm just tossin' in my 1/50th of a dollar...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOVE the gold pinstripes on the Brewers unis. It's such a simple idea, yet really gives them a unique, modern identity. Although I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Brewers will have already had one major identity switch by 2028. Maybe it's just wishful thinking because I hate how their current identity reeks of Miller.

But as a Brewers fan who was once a "get the Brewers back in the AL where they belong" militant, I have to say that by 2028 they'll have been in the NL for 30 years, which is 3 years longer than they were in the AL. Even as it stands right now, Milwaukee's only been an NL city for 5 years less than an AL city (if you count the Braves... and please believe the old Braves still have a following in metro Milwaukee the same way the Dodgers do in Brooklyn).

It's still your project though (a very interesting one at that) and I'm just tossin' in my 1/50th of a dollar...

The important thing is that you like the concept, and I am happy you do. my main goal is to see what the fans of the actual teams think when it comes to what I am doing with them. You are right though, the Brew Crew may actually have a whole new set in 20 years anyway. I am still not a fan of the Brewers in the NL, I think it was a dumb idea to begin with and it's not that I don't like the team, I just never saw the point. This is why I chose them in my alternate reality to go back. I actually could have picked any team and I'm sure it would have worked. Someone chose Seattle and Arizona to go to the AL, which is not a bad idea either.

The reason all of this works really is because as virtual commissioner of my future MLB, there is no longer a DH. I love the ideas everyone is throwing out there for leagues and divisions. It adds a little spice to the thread while I work on my next set. Thanks again and I'm glad you love the Brewers.

This is what i think the alignment should be...

AL NorthEast: Baltimore, Boston, New York Yankees, Toronto

AL MidWest: Cleveland, Chicago White Sox, Detroit, Minnesota

AL South: Denver, Kansas City, Texas, Tampa

Al West: LA angels, Portland, Seattle, Sacramento

NL NorthEast: Washington, New York Mets, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

NL SouthEast: Atlanta, Houston, Miami, Charlotte

NL Central: Chicago Cubs, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, St. Louis

NL West: Arizona, LA Dodgers, San Diego, San Francisco

Personally would rather keep AL/NL, but if they were to do it like the NHL and NBA and go west/east this is how it would look IMO(unfortunately, the dividing line is in chicago)...

Eastern Conference

North Division: New York Yankees, New York Mets, Philadelphia, Boston

Mid-North Division: Baltimore, Washington, Toronto, Pittsburgh

Midwest Division: Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Minnesota

South Division: Tampa, Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte

Western Conference

NorthWest Division: San Francisco, Oakland, Portland, Seattle

North Division: Minnesota, Milwaukee, Chicago Cubs, Kansas City

SouthWest Division: LA, Anaheim, San Diego, Arizona

South Division: Texas, Houston, Denver, St. Louis

One of the Minnesota entries becomes "Chicago White Sox". Probably the "Midwest". Then we can kick it around :)

This is what i think the alignment should be...

AL NorthEast: Baltimore, Boston, New York Yankees, Toronto

AL MidWest: Cleveland, Chicago White Sox, Detroit, Minnesota

AL South: Denver, Kansas City, Texas, Tampa

Al West: LA angels, Portland, Seattle, Sacramento

NL NorthEast: Washington, New York Mets, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

NL SouthEast: Atlanta, Houston, Miami, Charlotte

NL Central: Chicago Cubs, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, St. Louis

NL West: Arizona, LA Dodgers, San Diego, San Francisco

Personally would rather keep AL/NL, but if they were to do it like the NHL and NBA and go west/east this is how it would look IMO(unfortunately, the dividing line is in chicago)...

Eastern Conference

Midwest Division: Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Minnesota

Western Conference

One of the Minnesota entries becomes "Chicago White Sox". Probably the "Midwest". Then we can kick it around :)

haha, my bad....

Eastern Conference

Midwest Division: Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Chicago White Sox

Western Conference

Western Conference

North Division: Minnesota, Milwaukee, Chicago Cubs, St. Louis

South Division: Texas, Houston, Denver,Kansas City

Fixed

dont seperate the cubs/ cards rivalry

Western Conference

Fixed

yea thats a good idea, shoulda thought of that

Western Conference

Fixed

yea thats a good idea, shoulda thought of that

In addition, switch Minny and the Chisox. You really would want to get the Cubs and White Sox together, and with St. Louis, you will have three rivals within 300 miles of eachother.

LT

Western Conference

North Division: White Sox, Minnesota, Chicago Cubs, St. Louis

South Division: Texas, Houston, Denver, Kansas City

I think this is about perfect

Eastern Conference

Mid-North Division: Baltimore, Washington, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

Midwest Division: Detroit, Cincinnati, Toronto, Milwaukee

Makes more sense geographically

Eastern Conference

Midwest Division: Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Milwaukee

keeps the battle of Ohio, but im not sure how big of a rivalry is, does anyone here from Ohio know whether its a big rivalry or not.

Western Conference

North Division: White Sox, Minnesota, Chicago Cubs, St. Louis

South Division: Texas, Houston, Denver, Kansas City

I think this is about perfect

Eastern Conference

Mid-North Division: Baltimore, Washington, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

Midwest Division: Detroit, Cincinnati, Toronto, Milwaukee

Makes more sense geographically

Eastern Conference

Midwest Division: Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Milwaukee

keeps the battle of Ohio, but im not sure how big of a rivalry is, does anyone here from Ohio know whether its a big rivalry or not.

I'm not from Ohio but I think if you put them in the same division, it will become a rivalry if it isn't already. In any case, it just makes sense. Teams within the divisions play eachother more often now, so if that continues it will just make team travel easier, and give the fans that many more opportunities to catch their team in nearby parks.

LT

does anyone here from Ohio know whether its a big rivalry or not.

It ranks pretty much third on the list of Ohio rivalries, just behind Browns and Bengals, but not as big (or even close) to Michigan-OSU. In due time the rivalry should get bigger and if the MLB did decides to realign like this it would be the second biggest rivalry in the state, because unlike the Browns and Bengals, these teams have actually had post-season success within the majority of their fans' lifespans.

HumanitarianBowl.png

• 2 weeks later...
That almost works way too well if you maintain some of the NFL model and maintain a 162-game season:

Division (7 home + 7 away)*3 = 42 games (14/team)

League (3 home + 3 away)*12 = 72 games (6/team)

Inter-league 3 home * 8 teams + 3 away * 8 teams = 48 games (3/team, not sure what is best for deciding the H/A but...)

42+72+48 = 162

I'm sure the biggest objection to this system would be that you have more inter-league games than division games, but it's well made up by in-league games. It would be a bit more like the schedules before realignment. Every other way I try to do it, it makes less sense than this scenario.

Another objection would be schedule flexibility - the two- and four-game series would all have to occur within division.

I came up with a similar idea a while back, but it is based on every series being 5 games.....

Since you have 8 four-team divisions:

60 games vs. Own division (3 teams - 10 home / 10 away)

40 games vs. Division "x" in your league (4 teams - 5 home / 5 away)

40 games vs. Division "y" in opposite league (4 teams - 5 home / 5 away)

20 games vs. other two teams who finished in same position (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th) as you (2 teams - 5 home / 5 away)

2 optional games, or possible home/away rivalry games (e.g., Chicago Sox/Cubs), or could be added to the "same position" games, or even use these 2 games as exhibitions (international friendlies???) which don't count in the standings (why not?)

it has possibilities...it makes some sense....and it eliminates the excuse of "you didn't face the staff ace".....therefore, it will never be implemented! B)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the Giants and the Pirates!

I can't get into too much detail on the history right now with these two because I am in Iraq and the internet sucks. But these are the two I have completed.

As you can see the Pirates adopted red as an official color, with it outlining the script and the piping of the uniform. I like the Pirates script and didn't want to really get away from that, and I couldn't make up my mind on which jerseys to use, so I just included them all for you guys to look at. Any thoughts on which ones you would keep or trash? I did include one 'Throwback' edition that has no red. Can't wait to hear what you guys think.

PiratesPresentation.gif

With the Giants, I wanted to come up with an 'Updated' retro feel. I think I accomplished that, but of course it depends on what you guys think. A friend of mine (a Giants fan) likes this set, but now that I'm releasing it to the masses, we will have to see if it is up to par with the other sets in this project. Thank you guysfor being patient. I am currently working on the Twins, Dodgers, and I am starting the Portland team from scratch, so I hope you guys like it too.

GiantsPresentation.gif

Very interesting stuff so far. My favorite is the Brewers at the moment. I'm curious to see what you'll come up with for my Marlins.

As far as interleague goes, I'm in the pro-interleague camp. It's always bugged me that baseball has 30 teams, plays 162 games, but doesn't have a balanced schedule(the same goes for the NBA and NHL). I know baseball is all about tradition, but how about they lose the silly(and outdated) division crap, play the same amount of games home and away against every team and the top 8 make the playoffs? Some quick math tells me that with with the current 30 teams each could play 6 games against each of the other 29 teams, 3 home and 3 away, and it would only add 12 games to the schedule bringing the total to 174. I know you would lessen some rivalries, but I could care less about that personally. At the very least they need to move Milwaukee back to the AL(why did they switch them in the first place anyway?).

Cool concepts though, and I love the league wide projects and the ideas that go with them(I'm currently in the middle of my own USL rebrand project myself). Keep it up!

Im sorry, but the pirates ones are awful.

1. Red. does. NOT. belong. in. the. pirates. set. period.

2. That logo has been awful for the past 11 years, and will be for another 20 - I pray it will not last 1 more year, let alone 20.

3. As I said, every pirates logo used today sucks. Including the wordmarks. The wordmark you have on the homes is bad enough alone, it looked awful on a jersey in the 90s, and does now.

4. All black caps, all the time. No gold button, and every alt cap here looks bad. Unless you bring back the black pillboxes, the current hats are all that is needed.

5. The piratey numbers are already bad enough alone, please dont add drop shadow

In my opinion, id trash it all and start over. Presently they have one of the best uni sets in the league, minus the red vest - this is an epic downgrade. I cant find aything I like about any part of it (The pirates ones, that is - some of the others have been rather nice).

I understand youre going for what the future may hold, but I seriously doubt the Pirates will go there....or at least I pray they dont.

oBIgzrL.png

Im sorry, but the pirates ones are awful.

1. Red. does. NOT. belong. in. the. pirates. set. period.

2. That logo has been awful for the past 11 years, and will be for another 20 - I pray it will not last 1 more year, let alone 20.

3. As I said, every pirates logo used today sucks. Including the wordmarks. The wordmark you have on the homes is bad enough alone, it looked awful on a jersey in the 90s, and does now.

4. All black caps, all the time. No gold button, and every alt cap here looks bad. Unless you bring back the black pillboxes, the current hats are all that is needed.

5. The piratey numbers are already bad enough alone, please dont add drop shadow

In my opinion, id trash it all and start over. Presently they have one of the best uni sets in the league, minus the red vest - this is an epic downgrade. I cant find aything I like about any part of it (The pirates ones, that is - some of the others have been rather nice).

I understand youre going for what the future may hold, but I seriously doubt the Pirates will go there....or at least I pray they dont.

I realize that once I decided to keep red, it dominated the set, and I'm glad you let me know what you thought. I honestly didn't know people hated the lettering that much. haha. But back to the concept, I am happy to go back to the drawing board on this one. Do you have any suggestions for a script that you think would look better for this? Either e-mail me, or let me know on the message board, because I have nothing but time to fix it. Thanks again.

Archived