MLB 2028

JayJaxon

Thoughts:

-The Brewers home is easily the best uni out of all of these, IMO. The gold pinstripes are amazing.

-Not feeling either of the Chicago teams. Speaking as a huge Cubs fan, the bear logo you're using should be nothing more than a sleeve patch.

-NO RED FOR THE PIRATES :D

-I like what you've done with the Nationals, but IMO there shouldn't be a blue alternate. The Nationals would have such a better look if they just kept their primary colors to red and gold.

-The Twins look super classy. Why did you change the perspective on the TC logo, though?

-The Mets logo (both the jersey lettering and the primary logo) looked squished, like you took the original logo and compressed it. Is this just me?

-I love the Giants look - it's super retro.

This is all great, even if I disagree with some of your aesthetic choices. Keep up the great work!

330zl3b.png

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thoughts:

-The Brewers home is easily the best uni out of all of these, IMO. The gold pinstripes are amazing.

-Not feeling either of the Chicago teams. Speaking as a huge Cubs fan, the bear logo you're using should be nothing more than a sleeve patch.

-NO RED FOR THE PIRATES :D

-I like what you've done with the Nationals, but IMO there shouldn't be a blue alternate. The Nationals would have such a better look if they just kept their primary colors to red and gold.

-The Twins look super classy. Why did you change the perspective on the TC logo, though?

-The Mets logo (both the jersey lettering and the primary logo) looked squished, like you took the original logo and compressed it. Is this just me?

-I love the Giants look - it's super retro.

This is all great, even if I disagree with some of your aesthetic choices. Keep up the great work!

-I appreciate your comments on the Brewers set. I think that so far, it is the favorite.

-You are the first Cubs fan that didn't like the new set. But I appreciate your input on that. I thought people were gonna hate it, but surprisingly, they didn't.

-Yes I know....No red for the Pirates. :-)

-I wanted to go Red-Gold-Blue with the Nats because Blue is currently the alternate color. I think Gold goes great with both colors, but per an earlier suggestion, a lighter color gold should do.

-I changed the TC logo to do something different, and to be honest, I don't really like it either.

-With the Mets, I did use a font that looks similar to what they have. It's fatter and shorter, so it does look kinda squashed. I could have probably gotten away with keeping the primary a circle instead of an oval, but I just went with what I had.

-Glad you like the Giants. I was going for a retro feel with a new word mark, and so far it has gotten positive feedback.

Thanks again for your comments, and I will have some new sets out real soon.

• 2 weeks later...

These are all great concepts for 2028, but I would love to see what the Tampa Rays would look like. Also could you please show us what Portland Oregon uniforms and team name would be and look like. You are very good at what you do and I love the idea of every team play every team throughout the year.

I love the 'Cincinnatti' wordmark, especially on the alternate black jersey.

The 'Reds' wordmark, on the other hand, seems exceptionally large for such a small word. Maybe using a smaller font size for the 'eds' part of the word would help.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 3 weeks later...
I like your ideas. I'd really enjoy seeing what you'd come up with for the Padres. Hopefully by then, the powers that be would come to their senses and use the color all true Padres fans want to see on the field - brown. :)

Well of course that assumes he finally starts this up again :D

6fQjS3M.png

• 4 weeks later...
I finished the Reds sooner than I thought I would, so here they are. I knew the word mark was going to be hit or miss with this one, because they really don't have a word mark that defines them like other teams. I went in a direction that displays an old school feel to the oldest continuous baseball team. There is more black in this set than in any previous Reds set, and I know it will remind people of the Cincinnati college team, (it reminded me of them too) But in the end I feel I chose the right color for a secondary. I did put in a 'throwback' style jersey in there, and I'm not sure of the full display of 'REDS' across the chest. I will count on the feedback you guys give me on that one. The Rangers are probably gonna be next, with the Royals soon after that.

RedsPresentation.gif

Overall I love the look. A couple of things though. Get rid of the black jersey, the black vests and the all black hat. That was done before by the Reds. Change the hats to the all red and they are right on. After all they are the Cincinnati REDS. I love the black as just a trim and highlight.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Thanks for the comments so far. To answer the questions about the series, Yes I am continuing the series. The only reason you haven't seen any new uniforms is because I am in Iraq and uploading the files on Photobucket take so long, that I have had to put it on hold for the time being. As soon as we get better internet (which we should soon) I will be posting the ones I have completes since I got here. Thank you for your continued interest in this series.

Thanks for the comments so far. To answer the questions about the series, Yes I am continuing the series. The only reason you haven't seen any new uniforms is because I am in Iraq and uploading the files on Photobucket take so long, that I have had to put it on hold for the time being. As soon as we get better internet (which we should soon) I will be posting the ones I have completes since I got here. Thank you for your continued interest in this series.

That made my day, this is a great thread!

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

• 1 month later...

It's back! I am going to begin posting full uniform and logo sets soon, but there are some I would like help with. The Miami Marlins is one of them. When I first came to this site, I did a Miami Marlins concept that everyone hated. For the 2028 series, I want to put something out there that at least some people will find visually appealing. I have included a 'preview' of sorts. Here are the questions I have been asking myself and I would like to ask you the same thing:

-Is the wordmark to plain?

-Should the pinstripes stay or go?

-Does the marlin need to come back to the hat?

-Numbers on the front?

I plan to do this for several sets before I complete the series. I feel that if I had done something like this before, I could have avoided the flurry of negative reactions to adding red to the Pirates set. :)

Another reason I am posting this is to re-assure the fans of the series that I have been working on it, and they can expect more complete concepts (complete with their 2028 stories) soon.

Thanks for watching. I would love some feedback on how I can make the Miami Marlins 2028 set better! :)

Miami_Presentation.png

It's back! I am going to begin posting full uniform and logo sets soon, but there are some I would like help with. The Miami Marlins is one of them. When I first came to this site, I did a Miami Marlins concept that everyone hated. For the 2028 series, I want to put something out there that at least some people will find visually appealing. I have included a 'preview' of sorts. Here are the questions I have been asking myself and I would like to ask you the same thing:

-Numbers on the front?

I plan to do this for several sets before I complete the series. I feel that if I had done something like this before, I could have avoided the flurry of negative reactions to adding red to the Pirates set. :)

Another reason I am posting this is to re-assure the fans of the series that I have been working on it, and they can expect more complete concepts (complete with their 2028 stories) soon.

Thanks for watching. I would love some feedback on how I can make the Miami Marlins 2028 set better! :)

Miami_Presentation.png

Wordmark is a bit plain, but it's okay for a "futuristic" look. I personally would like the fish to lose the pinstripes, but on this design, it would seem lacking without them. It definitely needs a marlin on the hat(or at least the distinctive back fins). Also I would put numbers on the front, but that's just me.

-Numbers on the front?

Miami_Presentation.png

Wordmark is a bit plain, but it's okay for a "futuristic" look. I personally would like the fish to lose the pinstripes, but on this design, it would seem lacking without them. It definitely needs a marlin on the hat(or at least the distinctive back fins). Also I would put numbers on the front, but that's just me.

It's good to get some feedback from the guy that has come up with the best Miami Marlins concept on this site thus far. I thought of adding 'a' Marlin to the jerseys and caps. I may drop the current one and go with something completely different. Also, I think I will be going with numbers on the front. Thanks for the input.

A Marlin hooking around the M, or jumping over it, would probably make for a pretty good logo. I like that 'M', though, it looks great!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 1 month later...

Here is the logo package for the Miami Marlins. Jerseys will be out a little later in the day.

When I posted the two jerseys, the main concern was a lack of a Marlin. I have now included one. The color scheme is still the same as the Marlins are the only team to use teal and use it well. This re-birth of the series is long overdue and I am determined not only to complete the entire series, but to re-do all the teams that are in need (The Pirates come to mind)

So let me hear some comments on the logo set while I complete the uniforms. Thanks for looking!

MiamiLogoPackage.png

Archived