My Colorado Rockies concept

logoman

Well, the Rockies seem to be in fashion today, so I thought I would throw this out. I only have this logo right now. I am at a loss how to work a decent looking cap right now.

Thoughts would be appreciated.ROCKIES.png

Finally someone draws a word mark that actually screams Rocky Mountains to me. Their current set right now is too bland and in my eyes doesn't convey their team name well, if at all. This does however. I really like where you're going with this, but one thing is bothering me, I'm not sure how it would look on a jersey. Interested to see further updates.

one of my favorite word-marks ive seen on this board simply for the fact that it works. It's not overly flashy and visually stimulating, but its still able to grab your attention. it's a shame that colorado looks like it's lost up there too. i would almost drop the colorado completely and just work on the rockies part

as far as the jersey is concerned, one of the strong points of the logo is the mountains at the bottom. if you would put this on a white jersey, it would be great. but if you were to use it on a dark color (purple, black), you would have to add a line or find a way to break the white mountains away from the jersey. it'll be interesting and im looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I like it, but I would really like to see if you can make the word 'Colorado' look just as beautiful so you can put it on a road jersey. It's only because I am a huge fan of teams putting their city name on the road jersey, but either way, I love the way it looks.

The thing bothering me is the unevenness of the wordmark combined with the mountain tops. It certainly has potential and I can tell you put some thought into this...but whenever possible, I think uniformity should be met and it is possible here (and I know mountain ranges aren't perfectly even).

Very nice, but too similar to the "Knicks" wordmark.

knicks.gif

I mean come on, compare the "R" and "K" to the "K"s on the Knicks logo, as well as the "S", it's just blatant..

I don't know man, I have to disagree there. The K's are actually different, as the descender on the Knicks' K comes off of the ascender, whereas both start in the middle of the main stroke on the Rockies' K. And the I's are different and C's are quite different. I mean, yeah, there are similarities, I'm not arguing that, but I don't think it's a blatant rip-off either. I don't think they are too similar. I mean, there are only so many ways one can make a font look like rocks! It just so happens that the Knicks use an angular font.

Well, here is the home uniform. I lost the pinstripes because I never really cared for them for the Rockies.

ROCKIESHOMEUNIFORM.png

Add a purple cap with a C instead of a CR and you have struck gold. This is the best Rockies concept I have ever seen. The Knicks guy is way off base.

Everyone loves a roundel.

i dont agree at all with this logo resembling the knicks logo. imo, just because it has a raised word-mark? are you kidding me? when did the knicks logo have a mountain scape under it lol...

i really like your jerseys now that you have revised them. my only suggestion would be to make the accents on the mountains on the home jersey purple. if you leave them silver, they seem lost with the white background.

other than that, i'm really pleased with this. good job buddy

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Thanks guys for ALL the comments. I usually like to hear the criticism more than the praise. It's easy to look at something and be pleased with it, but the true test is to have others point out the flaws. I never even thought of the Knicks while I was doing this but now that I look at it...

But it is very different in it's own way. I did try to make one more symmetrical and it looked a turd, besides, I kind of like the asymmetry involved with the mountain range.

As for why I did my concept, it's pretty simple. This idea has been bouncing around in my mind for a little over a year and I felt I had finally achieved something I was ready to show. Besides, I think the Rockies should have a design with more character than the logo and wordmarks they use.

Thanks again for all the comments.

i dont agree at all with this logo resembling the knicks logo. imo, just because it has a raised word-mark? are you kidding me? when did the knicks logo have a mountain scape under it lol...

i really like your jerseys now that you have revised them. my only suggestion would be to make the accents on the mountains on the home jersey purple. if you leave them silver, they seem lost with the white background.

other than that, i'm really pleased with this. good job buddy

I just overlayed some characters from the Knicks logo over logoman's Rockies logo and look at what you see. I'm not trying to be a dick here but honestly you can't say there isn't a significant resemblance between the type on both logos; all I have to do is move around a few anchor points here and there and they're identical. Don't get me wrong, it's a neat concept and idea, but the Knicks logo immediately popped into my mind.

ROCKIES.png

why are people doing Colorado Rockies concepts all of the sudden. They are good designs, but are the Rockies going to change uni's soon?

nah, all it takes is for one or two people to do a concept for a particular team and it kind of catches on to other people...like it's contagious or something. it happens often.

why are people doing Colorado Rockies concepts all of the sudden. They are good designs, but are the Rockies going to change uni's soon?

nah, all it takes is for one or two people to do a concept for a particular team and it kind of catches on to other people...like it's contagious or something. it happens often.

I personally hate the Rockies current threads, so I enjoy seeing all these new ideas for them.

Archived