My Colorado Rockies concept

logoman

I just overlayed some characters from the Knicks logo over logoman's Rockies logo and look at what you see. I'm not trying to be a dick here but honestly you can't say there isn't a significant resemblance between the type on both logos; all I have to do is move around a few anchor points here and there and they're identical. Don't get me wrong, it's a neat concept and idea, but the Knicks logo immediately popped into my mind.

IMG Removed

I think you're grasping at straws here, and intentionally trying to be a dick. So you changed the sizes of letters and manipulated it to try and prove your point. I'm calling your bluff here, I can't say this reminds me of the Knicks at all. The K is different all together, as already been pointed out before. I also don't quite see how his E and the Knicks C look at all similar...

i dont agree at all with this logo resembling the knicks logo. imo, just because it has a raised word-mark? are you kidding me? when did the knicks logo have a mountain scape under it lol...

i really like your jerseys now that you have revised them. my only suggestion would be to make the accents on the mountains on the home jersey purple. if you leave them silver, they seem lost with the white background.

other than that, i'm really pleased with this. good job buddy

I just overlayed some characters from the Knicks logo over logoman's Rockies logo and look at what you see. I'm not trying to be a dick here but honestly you can't say there isn't a significant resemblance between the type on both logos; all I have to do is move around a few anchor points here and there and they're identical. Don't get me wrong, it's a neat concept and idea, but the Knicks logo immediately popped into my mind.

ROCKIES.png

This is crazy. yes the font is similar, but the artistic element is completely different. His whole intent was to work a negative space mountain scape into the word "Rockies". I just think it sucks that someone comes up with a great looking final product and you find a random linkage to the Knicks logo and call it a ripoff. Just my .02.

As far as the logo is concerned, I think its great but has the potential to be very plain. However, I'd love to see the idea worked into a Cap logo, or maybe add some other element as a secondary to spice it up.

I think you're grasping at straws here, and intentionally trying to be a dick. So you changed the sizes of letters and manipulated it to try and prove your point. I'm calling your bluff here, I can't say this reminds me of the Knicks at all. The K is different all together, as already been pointed out before. I also don't quite see how his E and the Knicks C look at all similar...

I don't believe the logo doesn't remind you of the Knicks' at all. It's not like I go searching for logos that vaguely resemble others just to call people out on it but Knicks is the absolute first thought that popped into my mind when I saw the logo. How is the K different all together? and the "E" looks like the Knicks "C" with a bar added in the middle. I take back saying it's a blatant lookalike but I still see a strong resemblance..

I think the concept is interesting, way too blocky looking for my taste, but I agree the first thing that came to mind was "Knicks." I don't think you jacked letter styling, it's just there is some resemblance present in the shape and angle of some the letters. Connotation is very important with design in general, and for me atleast, I did have Knicks come to mind. Again, the artistic direction is completely different and in no way am I claiming to vectored it (the Knicks logo) and moved anchor points (but I don't think Sgoalie is accusing you of that either, I think he's just trying to point out some logic behind the connotation he noticed.

if the case is only overlaying, then every circular logo is guilty... half the nhl is going to jail. we may as well put every mlb team that uses a baseball in the same field

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Wow. That is SO cool. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

You should put on the back of the shirt: "Will agree to be paid money for the use of this logo by the Colorado Rockies" and then go parade your :censored: around Colorado and see if someone picks up the offer. :P

I think the wordmark is incredibly clever. I wish I thought of it. (Of course, even if I had, I doubt I wouldn't have been able execute it the way you had.) As mentioned earlier, I'd like to see "Colorado" in the same style. With the uniforms, pinstripes win. Excellent work.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

i love the shirt! especially the silver!

i still think you should make the accents purple to show up on white though.

you should submit this to the team and see if you get a reaction from them.

*I was thinking if you could make 'colorado' in the same style, unfortunately, colorado has one more letter. it wouldn't look 100% the same, but im sure you could come up with something.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Awesome wordmark, incredibly clever. Are you planning a new cap logo concept and Primary logo concept as well (or is this to be used as primary)?

It looks great on the shirt, maybe it could be a bit bigger but it looks great. I dig the silver.

I'd say the only part that looks slightly awkward to me is the bottom of the E.

Update! I am still working on a cap logo and a possible "Colorado" wordmark but I wanted to hear some opinions on this as a possible primary logo. I'm not certain if the banner edges at the sides of the "R" and the "S" are necessary, so I thought I would see what you guys think. Anyway, top is to see how it would embroidered for jackets and patches, etc....

Thanks guys.

COLORADOROCKIESEMBROIDERED.png

I don't know if that's an improvement. I don't think the ribbon ends are necessary at all. I can see justification for the arched "Colorado" as a tie in to their current logo. It being white gives the sense that it's empty. Perhaps if you colored it silver?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I don't know if that's an improvement. I don't think the ribbon ends are necessary at all. I can see justification for the arched "Colorado" as a tie in to their current logo. It being white gives the sense that it's empty. Perhaps if you colored it silver?

Agreed, perhaps if the ribbon was angled downward it would flow a little better.

I also agree about the circle looking empty, I think it's a result of being next to the white baseball. I see the dilemma with adding a color there though, the silver may blend in too much to the rest of the logo while the black or purple may distract the eye from the main part of the logo.

with the 'ribbon' style edges, it almost looks like a future all-star logo or something.

i would drop the edges, and i believe you have a solid primary. liked this since day one and it keeps getting better, just ditch the ribbons....

btw - love the stitched logo...sweet

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived