Oklahoma City Barons Logo Start

oneorange

I have heard that the new Oklahoma NBA franchise has narrowed its name down to a handful of options, including the Oklahoma City Barons which I like the best. I have no idea what I am doing on Illustrator really but I started this logo and I kind of like it. I don't know how to add a cool font though and I tried adding a scarf blowing in the wind but it looked gay. Where should I go from here?

baron.png

I have heard that the new Oklahoma NBA franchise has narrowed its name down to a handful of options, including the Oklahoma City Barons which I like the best. I have no idea what I am doing on Illustrator really but I started this logo and I kind of like it. I don't know how to add a cool font though and I tried adding a scarf blowing in the wind but it looked gay. Where should I go from here?

baron.png

Are you trying to somehow associate this with the Red Baron? Because I don't think that's the type of Baron they're going for. See "oil baron".

Also, logos can't have sexual preferences.

5 posts and no one complained he used the word gay? I'm very impressed that this group has learned to lighten up.

EDIT: nevermind just re-read Delayed_Penalty's

Concept is cool, don't know if it really says Barons or not. I like the idea of it though

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

mask_news.gif

Approves.

Beat me to it. Thats exactly what I thought of immediately.

I know it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration from. I just mixed the Red Baron Pizza guy with the Guy Fawkes mask. I know it looks a bit cartoony and I'd like to fix that but I am not good with shading or really anything too artistic. I think it has potential though. If anyone would like to take this and run with it - be my guest.

5 posts and no one complained he used the word gay? I'm very impressed that this group has learned to lighten up.

EDIT: nevermind just re-read Delayed_Penalty's

Concept is cool, don't know if it really says Barons or not. I like the idea of it though

It's a PC world we live in these days...luckily I use a Mac!

Archived