Mississippi State is going through a rebranding...

amacomo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy :censored:, where'd you find this?

Well, as a MSU fan, this is definitely interesting.

I have to say, 1A & 1B are what I want them to keep, and 2J, 2K, and 2M I wouldn't mind being added. Again, wow @ you finding this. I'll definitely be taking more looks at this.

Holy :censored:, where'd you find this?

Well, as a MSU fan, this is definitely interesting.

I have to say, 1A & 1B are what I want them to keep, and 2J, 2K, and 2M I wouldn't mind being added. Again, wow @ you finding this. I'll definitely be taking more looks at this.

There are the use of colors which these don't show us, but I agree with 1A and 1B to stay, but I liked to see the Sherill era "MSU" to still be on helmets. Overall, I think they may be asking a focus group of too many concepts on branding.

I only like 2C and 2N. 2F is too close to the MU Mizzou logo which still may be used.

This is very early it appears. What do you guys think?

MOD EDIT: Artwork removed at artist's request.

Letter D is absolute money!

It doesn't appear that Mississippi State is going in that direction, but I think it would have made one hell of logo for the Bulldogs.

miss_state.png

6uXNWAo.png

but does this mean Miss St. is going to get a new identity soon, or are these just proposals drawn up?

I've talked to some people close to the university that definitely "believe" the school is taking proposals and looking for a change. The new AD came in just a few months ago. So, YES i do believe a change will be occurring eventually.

SignatureCCSL.png

Great find! I absolutely love seeing stuff like this.

For the Block M, I like them all except G. I hope they are leaning toward A/B though.

For the Bulldogs, I hope they go with E or J. But if they must have the name with the logo, C is beautious.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Great find! I absolutely love seeing stuff like this.

For the Block M, I like them all except G. I hope they are leaning toward A/B though.

For the Bulldogs, I hope they go with E or J. But if they must have the name with the logo, C is beautious.

How in the hell did i miss this???

Man...this is some good stuff. And Greg...you sound like me. Block A and B look the best to me, as well as bulldogs E or J.

True, it may not be the most ferocious-looking bulldog in the world, but why does it have to be? Bulldog "E" just looks like it was raised up in the 'Sip. And for a side profile, "J" matches perfectly. As for the "M" logos, I like what they have now, and the first two still hold true to what they have now while also looking more modern.

I really do hope, though, that M-State doesn't lose it with the inevitable new uniforms that are coming with this rebranding. Any kind of extraneous piping--or hell, any pipin at all--just wouldn't look right for Mississippi State. As it stands now, i think their sets are probably up there with some of the best in college football, period. (May just be the colors, though--or the fact that they are one of the few squads who all actually wear socks full-time.)

Images?

jacobhester_083007.jpg

tide-loses-to-miss-st.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

For as many design studios come out with tons of concepts that all look like absolute :censored: (often even becoming the final product), whoever is doing these has done an excellent job, there are some I love, quite a few I like, and very few that I would consider a legitimate downgrade.

the full front head .... option E... reminds me of the Steelhounds logo.. could it be Bosack working on these?

Let's see...SEC 75th logo (check)...multiple collegiate team brands (check)...multiple collegiate anniversary/championship marks (check)....

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...I'd vote for "yes."

Cards.png

the full front head .... option E... reminds me of the Steelhounds logo.. could it be Bosack working on these?

Let's see...SEC 75th logo (check)...multiple collegiate team brands (check)...multiple collegiate anniversary/championship marks (check)....

Looks like it. http://www.joebosack.com/

I hate to speak ill of anyone, but I think his work blows chunks.

Looks like it. http://www.joebosack.com/

I hate to speak ill of anyone, but I think his work blows chunks.

If you hate doing it, why do it?

Personally I think Bosack's stuff is some of the better branding out there today. You can always count on his stuff looking clean, accurate, strong and unique. A lot of others try to design in a similar fashion and fail. You don't have to like the style but you can't say it blows... for crying out loud... the guy has proven himself a more than talented designer... making a statement like that is asinine and juvenile... and maybe a bit of jealousy?

Sounds like you have been talking with Tom.

Personally I think Bosack's stuff is some of the better branding out there today. You can always count on his stuff looking clean, accurate, strong and unique. A lot of others try to design in a similar fashion and fail. You don't have to like the style but you can't say it blows... for crying out loud... the guy has proven himself a more than talented designer... making a statement like that is asinine and juvenile... and maybe a bit of jealousy?

Sounds like you have been talking with Tom.

No thanks. It all just offends me as a aesthete. It may sit well with your tastes, but to my palate, it offends. And it offends mightily.

Archived