Proposed KC Royals' road uniforms

GeorgesL

I've been thinking that the Royals should REALLY get back with tradition, and ditch the grays and use the powder blue jerseys as their primary road uniforms, bringing back powder blue pants in the process.

KCRoyalsaway.png

I would love it if the colors were reversed on the wordmark, but I would certainly love to see the powder blues be the full time roadies. If not, they could pull a Blue Jays and occasionally rock the power blue alts at home.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

E-mail those babys to the Royals. Baseball needs to bring back powder blue.

Negative. Keep it above the waist Royals, keep it above the waist.

I agree. Love the new powder blues they have now with the white pants. Powder blue pants would be just too much. I think I would also reverse the colors in the word mark.

If you're going to advocate this, may as well go all the way and have white only on the script. That's why the Royals power blues were my second favorite of all the power blues (phillies).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Don't listen to the critics! This concept is perfect as-is. Just imagining the Twins, in regular home unis with no alts, playing a Royals team in these unis, in their new outdoor ballpark in August a couple years hence, is making my day.

20082614447.png

I know I'm old and hopelessly out of touch with kids these days, but for God's sake, there's a REASON baseball went back to white and gray with belts and buttons. The '70s and early '80s were a freakin' trainwreck. I cannot believe there's even a HINT of powder blue unis in baseball.

Having said that, the current Royals alternate looks fine. But please keep it as an ALTERNATE, top only. Anything more, and we may as well bring back leisure suits and disco.

White at home, grey on the road is a relic from the days before color TV. There's nothing wrong with powder blue when it fits a teams color scheme (Jays, Royals, Brewers, etc.). Unfortunately, some teams (Astros, Pirates, Orioles, etc.) went overboard and made people hate color of any kind.

I've been thinking that the Royals should REALLY get back with tradition, and ditch the grays and use the powder blue jerseys as their primary road uniforms, bringing back powder blue pants in the process.

KCRoyalsaway.png

Excellent, but make the last names in the back arched lettering (similar to the style the Braves rocked for years until recently).

• 3 weeks later...
White at home, grey on the road is a relic from the days before color TV. There's nothing wrong with powder blue when it fits a teams color scheme (Jays, Royals, Brewers, etc.). Unfortunately, some teams (Astros, Pirates, Orioles, etc.) went overboard and made people hate color of any kind.

Gee, I can't imagine what you're referring to ...

ryan.jpg

willie.jpg

ape-palmerj-j.jpg

Jackie_Brown_77_1080.jpg

18colbert_pic.jpg

Packers-2.png

^Is it wrong if I like all of those jerseys? If so, I don't wanna be right.

ALL?

I have to admit I actually like the "rainbow guts" for some strange reason. (There was a blue version of that floating around Wisconsin in the '80s; imagine the Brewers wearing that.) I also think the O's should bring back the orange jerseys (as should the Giants). But black baseball pants are not major league, and neither is all-gold, and all-red looks like ... well, the Cuban national team.

Cuban_baseball_4.jpg

Could have included this too:

33-67319-P.jpg

Packers-2.png

Archived