New NC State Football Uniforms

RollWolfpack

Rumors in Raleigh throughout the summer have been that the Wolfpack will be wearing more traditional uniforms this season, hopefully a throwback to better times and to look more like a classic football team under O'Brien. I first read the Pack may be getting new uniforms this season over a year ago when Coach TOB was quoted as saying uniform changes wouldn't take place until his second season. Then in late spring, 2 of the players who sit next to me in a class were discussing the changes and I overheard their conversation, and what I heard then held true with the screenshots from NCAA 09. And now, youth replica jerseys are being sold on campus, so, these are the ones for the upcoming season.

Adidas uniforms with 3 wolves logo (NCS_NCState_3Wolves_3C_thumbnail.gif) at/below neckline and Adidas logo at upper right chest. Numbers are white with black outline. No TV numbers on sleeves. Back of jersey features Block S logo at upper center (Vikings, Cardinals-esque), name in white lettering, and same numbers as front. Red tops at home with white pants, and we believe white tops on road with white pants, even though red pants may be used. Pants will have block S logo at left hip. Helmets will be same as past few seasons.

New pictures, (not the best quality, taken with my iPhone at the bookstore):

iPhone002.jpgiPhone004.jpg

NCAA 09 Screenshots: homefront.jpg1211574588-media.jpg

Rivers Era Unis: p1_rivers_ap.jpg Post-Rivers Unis:Toney_baker.jpg

Sorry for such a verbose post, just wanted to explain the new uniforms.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

As a Falcons fan, I am glad to see it gone. I mean, that design is unique, it just says "FALCONS" to me right now. I'm glad it didn't catch on as the new fad. maybe because it's ugly.

That said, these are ok. A bit too plain for my liking, though.

I'm all for traditional looks and whatnot, but yawn. No stripes on the pants either? Hopefully they do't go to a gray facemask, at least.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The new unis are simple, classy and look great. Great job Adidas!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Is that 3-wolf logo a new addition? And does anyone have a bigger version of it? Small as it is, it looks like a Bosack creation--not necessarily a bad thing, either.

As for the uniforms...a little too plain for my liking, as TFoA said. No kind of nothing. But to each his/her own.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is that 3-wolf logo a new addition? And does anyone have a bigger version of it? Small as it is, it looks like a Bosack creation--not necessarily a bad thing, either.

As for the uniforms...a little too plain for my liking, as TFoA said. No kind of nothing. But to each his/her own.

faxunr4f9gexvh11c8ej.gif

This logo was introduced in April 2006, along with a modified block S logo, a single wolf on rock logo, and new wordmark for use in athletics. I think the latter of the 3 I just mentioned are featured on this site, but the new block S has not yet been uploaded to the site.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone, released today were pictures of the new uniforms on a team member, so I thought I'd post so everyone would have a better idea of what they look like.

F433377.jpgF433378.jpg

OH THANK GOD. I've been waiting for this since the moment the Pack went to the Falcons-esque garbage. HUGE upgrade. I'm certainly not a fan of the wolves-on-the-rocks logo, but it's small--at least it's not on the sleeves. I do wish they had included TV numbers on the sleeves and a single red stripe down the pants (to match the helmet).

I also REALLY hope they stick with white pants on the road. I'm not a fan of the red pants.

But all things considered, this is a vast improvement. This alumnus is thrilled. GO PACK.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Hey everyone, released today were pictures of the new uniforms on a team member, so I thought I'd post so everyone would have a better idea of what they look like.

F433377.jpgF433378.jpg

I do think they are a substantial upgrade from the NC State Falcons of the past years.

That being said, the 30 patches they placed on the uniform really ruins it for me. Its like they said, "ok, we know its going to be plain, so to liven it up, we are going to put patches everywhere." I mean, 3 different chest patches, 2 hip patches, and the NC State logo on the back of the neck. I know they have to have the Adidas logos and the ACC logos, but is it nessicary to have the 3 NC state logos... I dont know, is it just me?

I do think they are a substantial upgrade from the NC State Falcons of the past years.

That being said, the 30 patches they placed on the uniform really ruins it for me. Its like they said, "ok, we know its going to be plain, so to liven it up, we are going to put patches everywhere." I mean, 3 different chest patches, 2 hip patches, and the NC State logo on the back of the neck. I know they have to have the Adidas logos and the ACC logos, but is it nessicary to have the 3 NC state logos... I dont know, is it just me?

No, I'm with you. I'd like to keep the block-S on the pants, but ditch the two State logos on the jersey. Both are unnecessary.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

HUGE downgrade.

I think the way they used the "Falcons template" was fantastic. It had piping, but it wasn't gawdy, and it didn't over power the whole look.

These new ones are just....."off". Something doesn't look right. They're simple as hell....but somehow still "unbalanced", if that makes any sense...

SigReflect.png

F433377.jpgF433378.jpg

I have to agree

Archived