Anyone Think These Jerseys Would Offend Anyone?

philly97flyer

don't see anything wrong with them. That stylized eagle never was accosiated with anything too bad.

Don't anyone take this the wrong way when I say it, but I've been intested in learning more about the Swastica (since it was mentioned earlier) I heard a few years ago that it was a religious symbol beofre Hitler got his hands on it. Might be interesting to learn what it meant before...not what it meant to the Nazis, but before they turned in into a symbol of hatred

(there is a town somewhere that was being pressured to change there name from Swastika, but they wouldn't becasue the town was named long before WWII)

The Swastika was a symbol used by North American native peoples (or is that no longer politically correct?)

It was made up of feathers for the lines.

Swastika, Alberta changed its name to (really--this is true) Gayford.

There is a Swastika, Ontario.

swastika ontario

Check out its association with pre Nazi sports teams-

swastikas were once not nazi

Check out the swastika links on the left.

But the NAzi association basically killed its use for just about anything else.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The Swastika was a symbol used by North American native peoples (or is that no longer politically correct?)

It was made up of feathers for the lines.

Swastika, Alberta changed its name to (really--this is true) Gayford.

There is a Swastika, Ontario.

swastika ontario

Check out its association with pre Nazi sports teams-

swastikas were once not nazi

Check out the swastika links on the left.

But the NAzi association basically killed its use for just about anything else.

the nazi's also ruined a perfectly legit style of mustache :)

that eagle shouldnt be a problem I worked as a cook/bartender at the local german club and society and last year I designed them new staff shirts but when me and the manager had a fight and she decided to fire me and the design left with me... fyi she got canned shortly after becuase she ran that place into the ground... but heres my design... not trying to hijack the thread jus showing that the eagle is still part of ther german culture... and yes it on the german hockey jerseys... ps this was LONG before my illustrator days

germanclub.gif

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

merci... only problem is they were never made...like i said me and the manager had an out... i havent been there since... taught them to make the best wings ever... after i taught them the secret to greek and buffalo wings their wing night went up everyweek... i wonder if they still make the Gmac buffalo sauce i should have taken my recipe with me as well...

edit... as u can see the eagle is on this fashion jersey...im looking hard for an actual game jersey... having difficulties

80728.jpg

www.pifflespodcast.com

The German Uni I want is the one they wore in the Canada Cup--they only appeared in one--and when I first saw them I didn't have the cash--and they sold out very quickly. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a picture of them anywhere on the net.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

This tells you how preception is everything some times.

Just think if the Nazis made their symbol a smiley face, we would all be offend when we seem them today.

Just like the afore mentioned mustache if Hiter had a goatee, people would not want to wear goatees.

Quite incredible actually these demented jerks gave everything they used a bad name.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm german, that's one kick-ass looking Jersey.. i'd buy it....

And unless you have the swastika or the Eagle of the Third Reich, i think your in the clear...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Just think if the Nazis made their symbol a smiley face, we would all be offend when we seem them today.

Just like the afore mentioned mustache if Hiter had a goatee, people would not want to wear goatees.

Quite incredible actually these demented jerks gave everything they used a bad name.

Tank, the smiley face IS being used as a symbol of evil...

6081_195X40.gif

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Tank, the smiley face IS being used as a symbol of evil...

6081_195X40.gif

zing....lol

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived