Oklahoma City Thunder Brand Concept

AAO

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it's definitely thundering along. Buffalo horns are black...maybe I should make them black. But that would create for a lack of white in the logo, not that there was much to begin with..so would that make an imbalance between the wordmark and the logo?

Uniforms added on first page, first post.

I like the bison take on the nickname. Obviously, it is like how Marshall treated a similar name. The legs on the bison need to be fixed. They are way too squatty. Also, I would kern in the letters in "CITY" on the jersey. I would treat it like how you treated "OKLAHOMA". It calls too much attention to the least important part of the name.

The uniforms look fantastic. The only thing that's bugging me is the lack of brown/tan in the wordmark on the away uniforms. I'd like to see how the Oklahoma City wordmark looks with the tan color you used on the bottom half of the home numerals (Or did you try that already?). Other than that the wordmark is brilliant, awesome job.

Oh one last thing: how about an alternate wordmark that reads "OKC" in a similar style to the away wordmark except horizontally arched or in a straight line?

Edit:

Also, I would kern in the letters in "CITY" on the jersey. I would treat it like how you treated "OKLAHOMA". It calls too much attention to the least important part of the name.

Good point. I agree.

It just doesnt look anything like a bison, IMO. The structure is just all wrong.

Your execution, though, as always, is fantastic. I love the colors and the subtle little thunderbolts going on. And the secondary OKC/cloud logo is top notch. Just work on the buffalo rendering and you'll have an excellent concept.

stampede.jpg

image691077x.jpg

Maybe keep the head lower while the rest of the body is rearing up?

I have to agree with folks about the appearance issues. The photo of the jumping bison should be very helpful if you're going for a jumping bison and even if you're not... look at the hind legs, they're quite slender and long. IMO the legs on your bison look like they're cut off at the joint. One thing I noticed that I don't think anyone else did is that the horns are too high on the head, bull plains bison's horns rarely extend very far above the puff of hair on their head (cow's and wood bison's sometimes do). The horns remind be more of spanish fighting bull.

I also agree with everyone on your jerseys, they're great and really seem OKC to me. Is that the same font you used for your All-Star concept?

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I think using a bison themed thunder identity is better than actual cloud/lightning thunder, in this case.

Edited 'CITY' kerning on uniforms, first page, first post. I'm still trying to make the horns a solid color and lower them, but it's just not looking right.

Looking at the back, like in the photo, you should give the bison a large hump right behind its head and then straight down to the legs. The bend in the back gives it a more steer-like look.

VmWIn6B.png

The only issue I have is that the bison seems to be kinda stiff to me. It could just be that the legs are short, but they look perfectly straight, giving the illusion that either the bison is jumping, or he's just kinda floating in air, motionless. I'm just not visualizing him "thundering" along, so to speak.

Archived