Oklahoma City Thunder Brand Concept

AAO

Sweet as sweetness can be. If only they had a brain and went with this... wait, that's the Wizard of Oz, which is Kansas, not Oklahoma. Oh well, still applies.

BTW, is your uniform template available for use, or are you keeping it to yourself? The only one in the templates thread is that basic one. Even the previous ones on the main site are different than that. If you make it available, I'd appreciate it. If not, I understand completely. It's quite awesome, as per usual with your work.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did take that into consideration and you're right. But what else could I do aside from a streaking 'OKC' with a dust cloud behind it? Back to the drawing board with the secondary.

A cloud resembling a basketball?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

We've all heard the rumor that they're leaning towards--gulp--navy blue.

Like we really need anymore of that color in the league. I've also scrapped the buffalo head secondary. But here it is:

OKCThunderBlue.gif

I think the only thing you should try is to increase the size of the head... right now, it reminds me of a cow's anatomy...

I actually don't mind the blue, even though I do feel it is used way to often in the league.

I think the logo is great, but I still don't look at it as a buffalo. I think you need to make the mane more dominant like this:

SimpkinsBison51493.jpg

The mane is very dominant with Bison and without one, it could be confused with regular cattle.

But that image is also a pottery work made from inorganic materials. If you look at real images of buffalo, this mane, if you will, isn't half as drastic or prevalent.

If you look at other bison logos, you can also see that the artistic leisure is taken to make it one color, not half and half two different colors. It just wouldn't look right.

Ex. Bucknell Bison

Both the pottery image and the Bucknell image show that the mane can be represented by a hump in the upper back - something your buffalo doesn't have, and (along with a bigger head) sorely needs. It's too curvy and slick - bison are neither.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Genius.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

I still agree with the others... doesn't look like a bison but more a beefy bull... why are you so opposed to at least trying things people suggest? That sculpture is a perfect example of proportions of front shoulder and head to the rump... much bulkier.... hairier.... yours looks like it is sleek like a bull other than the hint at a hairdo on his forehead... it may be the stripes you are using across the back... those don't express the coarse lumpiness that that area of a real bison is like, yours makes that area look smooth and slick.

Archived