Los Angeles Saints

PWG44

Happened on this blog http://icethetics.blogspot.com/ with the help of a fellow member of DeviantART... I missed the deadline but am happy with what I came up with... gonna work on some new ones for the next round... I'll post those later...

Not sure where the team names came from, not sure I necessarily like the names... but it was fun to do something for a project I didn't invent by my own loser self... :P

This is for fun... but feel free to comment...

LASaints-uni-1.jpg

LASaints-uni-2.jpg

LASaints-uni-3.jpg

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

Personally, I like the second one.

Great job on those.

I really like the second one as well. As for the first one, do saints have halos? I thought that was only angels...

Well, technically speaking, not too many Saints were canonized while still living, and usually a person not alive is deceased (death=angel=halo).

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Put me down for the second as well. I think you could have done more to the numbers (outlines, shadows, whatever) to make them match the stripes and the wordmark on the front of the jersey. The rest looks very solid though. People usually hate wordmarks on the front of hockey jerseys (Ducks), but I can't see anybody being mad at these designs. My thinking on the halo issue is; the imagery fits in with the whole theme, so it works for me. You should have tried making a halo on the helmet like the LA Angels had on their hats for a while.

Thanks for the comments everyone... some good advice from some talented people...

I stayed away from the obvious hockey references... such as hockey stick in sharks mouths or religious icons turning into a stick... i thought I was pushing it as is... I'm not a big fan of every hockey logo having a puck or stick... or any other sports logo using the obvious game paraphernalia... seems to easy...

I got the Motley Crue reference as well... like I said I didn't come up with the name... is was provided through the icethetics blog

I have another team idea I will try to post later tonight...

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

Archived