Creamer NCAA Top 25 Poll

Gary

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because according to my little ranking formula, they have the most impressive wins. That's the fun part about early season rankings. They're based on extremely limited games (in this case, two). I don't care what kind of tradition a team has, what conference they belong to, or how hyped they are. All I care about is what's done on the field and Wake as gotten two W's. So yeah, I ranked them #1. I stated from the beginning I'll be giving some crazy rankings for the first few weeks until the cream rises to the top. It'll sort out as the season goes on.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Because according to my little ranking formula, they have the most impressive wins. That's the fun part about early season rankings. They're based on extremely limited games (in this case, two). I don't care what kind of tradition a team has, what conference they belong to, or how hyped they are. All I care about is what's done on the field and Wake as gotten two W's. So yeah, I ranked them #1. I stated from the beginning I'll be giving some crazy rankings for the first few weeks until the cream rises to the top. It'll sort out as the season goes on.

Well Wake wasnt the only 2 game winner, almost th whole Top 25 has 2 games won, ECU has more impressive wins then Wake!!!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Says who? ECU's wins are more impressive because Virginia Tech and West Virginia happen to be more hyped than Baylor and Ole Miss? It's why my function spat out and I'm gonna run with it. Granted, my little process also takes into account the part of the schedule (albeit slightly) not yet played. It's a small flaw that I haven't figured out how to fix without making more work than it's worth. In reality, Wake and ECU probably would have the same rating if that was fixed. As my system stands, Wake's "bonus" compared to ECU's due to a tougher overall schedule. If it makes you feel any better, I ranked ECU at #3. If Virginia Tech and West Virginia do well, that will only help ECU. Even if both teams go undefeated, ECU could end up ranked higher than Wake at the end of the season.

As I said before, as the season wears on the ratings change and my submissions will gradually become less "extreme." Don't worry.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Says who? ECU's wins are more impressive because Virginia Tech and West Virginia happen to be more hyped than Baylor and Ole Miss? It's why my function spat out and I'm gonna run with it. Granted, my little process also takes into account the part of the schedule (albeit slightly) not yet played. It's a small flaw that I haven't figured out how to fix without making more work than it's worth. In reality, Wake and ECU probably would have the same rating if that was fixed. As my system stands, Wake's "bonus" compared to ECU's due to a tougher overall schedule. If it makes you feel any better, I ranked ECU at #3. If Virginia Tech and West Virginia do well, that will only help ECU. Even if both teams go undefeated, ECU could end up ranked higher than Wake at the end of the season.

As I said before, as the season wears on the ratings change and my submissions will gradually become less "extreme." Don't worry.

ok, i really dont care bout ECU but i was just tryng to point that out. but i dont have a formula, I just watch how the teams ply and look at the rankings. Your formula is intresting tho, I like to see it mixed up a bit. I was just asking because i was curious :P

Givin' this a friendly bump for visibility. Just sent my rankings in. New week. New #1! Let's see how many "WTF?!"s I get this time. :D

When do the real polls come out? they are a small part of my formula :)

They came out today on ESPN heres the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Givin' this a friendly bump for visibility. Just sent my rankings in. New week. New #1! Let's see how many "WTF?!"s I get this time. :D

When do the real polls come out? they are a small part of my formula :)

They came out today on ESPN heres the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Sent mine

My formula spit out a new #1 this week.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived