Creamer NCAA Top 25 Poll

Gary

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a question though: Do you use code to automatically scrape data from a website or do you copy and paste from a website(and which one?)? This would actually make my life a million times easier for my baseball research if you knew how to do it automatically, since now I am limited to the dreaded copy and paste. :D

and for College football I use football Rankulator, which the demo is fully working but stops giving you updates after mid-October I think, and I am NOT updating everything by hand. So I need to find an alternative by then. :P

I input the weekly scores by hand in one sheet. The other sheets pull and compute the appropriate data through a series of references and such. It's a bit of a pain to set up because I have to put each team's schedule in by hand so the formulas know what to look for.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I think it should be USC or Georgia at #1 (who can really say who is better right now), then Oklahoma at #3. I don't know why everyone loves OSU so much. I mean, I put them at #3, too, but I have decided that it is stupid to rank them so high. Did people watch the last two national championship games? I really think OU is better than OSU. I just can't take OSU seriously because of their pitiful performance against the SEC.

Also, why is Alabama ranked so high? They should be in the twenties IMO. They aren't even that good, Clemson just is overrated, but made Bama look good. Over the last few years Clemson has consistently lost big/important games, whether it be conference or not. I think that everyone will see that once the SEC games start coming for Alabama, they are going to lose 3 or 4.

Speaking of the SEC schedule, as a Georgia fan, I strongly believe that they will lose 2 SEC games this year, at least. Games like Florida, LSU, Auburn, or even Tennessee stand out in my mind as impossible to come away unscathed from. The national championship game probably will be USC versus OSU, or something, with two 1 loss teams, or maybe one of them undefeated. That's why we need a playoff. The best team in the SEC is likely to have 2 losses, while the easy Pac10 and Big10 schedules are overlooked and teams from each conference have a shot at playing for the title. A 4 or 8 game playoff would be perfect.

Like Eastern Carolina?

I mean, the upset was good, but let's not jump on the Cinderella bandwagon quite yet.

Yes, like Eastern Carolina. I'm not on their bandwagon (although I wouldn't mind it if they made some serious noise); they simply have proven more in their one game than other teams did in theirs. Hype, in my opinion, isn't needed in rankings. It's all about what's done on the field.

ECU could make a run IF they beat West Virginia today. But before you scoff at that - my brother goes to ECU and is currently telling me how stormy and stuff it is there b/c of the hurricane. If the DFS field is as muddy as it sounds like it could be, that would slow WV down, and help ECU out a lot.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I think it should be USC or Georgia at #1 (who can really say who is better right now), then Oklahoma at #3. I don't know why everyone loves OSU so much. I mean, I put them at #3, too, but I have decided that it is stupid to rank them so high. Did people watch the last two national championship games? I really think OU is better than OSU. I just can't take OSU seriously because of their pitiful performance against the SEC.

Also, why is Alabama ranked so high? They should be in the twenties IMO. They aren't even that good, Clemson just is overrated, but made Bama look good. Over the last few years Clemson has consistently lost big/important games, whether it be conference or not. I think that everyone will see that once the SEC games start coming for Alabama, they are going to lose 3 or 4.

Speaking of the SEC schedule, as a Georgia fan, I strongly believe that they will lose 2 SEC games this year, at least. Games like Florida, LSU, Auburn, or even Tennessee stand out in my mind as impossible to come away unscathed from. The national championship game probably will be USC versus OSU, or something, with two 1 loss teams, or maybe one of them undefeated. That's why we need a playoff. The best team in the SEC is likely to have 2 losses, while the easy Pac10 and Big10 schedules are overlooked and teams from each conference have a shot at playing for the title. A 4 or 8 game playoff would be perfect.

1. "In football you never pick up where you left off." - Bill Parcells. You can't rank a 2008 team based on their 2007 performance. If that were the case then what the hell is Georgia doing at number two and why is 4 loss Florida at number 4? Ranking a team based on what they did in 2006 is simply ridiculous. If last year counts for so much then Ohio State should be number 2 right behind LSU. That said, I ranked OSU at #6 simply because I think they would beat the 19 teams below them and lose to the 5 teams above them.

2. We usually don't start the playoff debate until the third week in November. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Well, it looks like South Carolina and WVU will be dropping, possibly with ECU moving into the poll? And I'm not going to lie...I lost a lot of respect for BYU in almost losing to Washington, although I don't really have any respect for Mountain West (or whatever that conference is called) schools in the first place. I can see BYU being in the position Hawaii was in last year: un-deservedly getting into a BCS game, then getting killed.

Ahh... we were good enough to take yall into OT last year, and the way I see it, it is the same game this year , just in Georgia!!!

Also I sent mine in Gary

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Ahh... we were good enough to take yall into OT last year, and the way I see it, it is the same game this year , just in Georgia!!!

You were also good enough to lose to Louisiana-Monroe last year. :P I wouldn't go claiming another MNC right yet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You were also good enough to lose to Louisiana-Monroe last year. :P I wouldn't go claiming another MNC right yet.

I didnt say we would win a national championship but truly we are a better team this year, we didnt have Andre Smith on the line last night and we 3 fresman trying to take his spot. Thats why our offense did bad last night, Im not saying we are going undefeated our winning anouther championship yet, but we are good this year.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

sorry i missed last week the stupid internet got hooked up wrong at my house (we just moved) ....it should be back up for my week three rankings to be in (im currently at work and can't give em to you here)

sorry for the problems

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Sorry to the gentlemen who missed the deadline, but your entries were not included. A deadline is a deadline no matter what. I cannot make exceptions. Please be sure to get the deadline in at Monday Noon Eastern time

Now the Polls

USC is still number 1. Their counterpart for this Saturday on the other hand is not so fortunate dropping 4 spots to number 7. Georgia retained number 2 while Oklahoma and Florida went up one spots respectively to 3 and 4. The biggest surprise is Texas who took advantage and soared up from 9 to 5. West Virginia who is the biggest surprise losing to Eastern Carolina dropped all the way down to 24th, while ECU debuts at the polls at 15.

1. Southern California(7)

Record: 1-0

Last Week: 1

2. Georgia(5)

Record: 2-0

Last Week: 2

3. Oklahoma(1)

Last Week: 5

4. Florida

Last Week: 5

5. Texas

Last Week: 9

6. Missouri

Last Week: 6

7. Ohio State

Last Week: 3

8. Louisiana State University

Record: 1-0

Last Week: 7

9. Auburn

Last Week: 10

10. Wisconsin

Last Week: 11

11. Arizona State(1)

Record: 2-0(1-0)

Last Week: 12

12. Kansas

Last Week: 14

13. Texas Tech

Last Week: 13

14. Alabama

Last Week: 16

15. East Carolina University

Last Week: NR

16. Oregon

Record: 2-0(1-0)

Last Week: 18

17. South Florida

Last Week: 17

18. Wake Forest(1)

Last Week: 19

20. Penn State

Last Week: 20

21. Brigham Young University

Last Week: 15

22. Utah

23. Fresno State

Last Week: 21

24. West Virginia

Record: 1-1

Last Week: 8

25. California

Other Receiving Votes: Illinois 29, Arizona 28, Vanderbilt 28, Oklahoma State 26, Nebraska 23, Clemson 18, Kentucky 18, Kansas State 14, Georgia Tech 14, Rice 10, UCLA 9, Indiana 9, Minnesota 8, Colorado 5, Florida State 5, South Carolina 4, TCU 3, Virginia Tech 3, Tennessee 1

Archived