OKC Thunder

eRay

I know a lot of people have tried this, but here is my take on the Oklahoma City Thunder.

I went with the first rumors I heard, from a valid source back when the team was "officially" going to OKC. They said Thunder (which it looks almost certain to be) and colors of Brick Red, Light Blue, and Gold. I wasn't sure if gold meant Athletic Gold or 'Regular' Gold, so I made the concept and decided that this shade of Gold worked best. To make it tie in with the team, I used the shade of Brick that the Sonics used from 1995-2001. I went with the Thor, God of Thunder route instead of the thundering herd or weather condition route, though, any of these could work equally well. I based the primary logo very heavily on this painting of Thor:

thor-painting.jpg

I know this is not original at all, but I had a lot of trouble working on my version of Thor, and this seemed like the best way to get my concept out before they released the official logos. This is as much about showing off my concept as it is about trying to predict what route they will go. (OKC Thunder with a Brick, Lt. Blue, Gold color scheme & a Thor theme). I tried to design the uniforms to fit in with what the NBA and adidas are bringing to the table uniform design-wise, but also keep them fairly simple. The secondary logo is the 'T' from the wordmark with a thunderbolt beneath it, and the tertiary is just Thor from the primary.

OKCthunder1.png

OKCthunder2.png

OKCthunder3.png

I know the similarities will be drawn between the colors and those of the Cavs, and the overall identity with that of the Warriors, but I just worked with what the rumor mill gave me.

What do you think?

Wow. Nicely done. I particularly like the wordmark and it's treatment. The uniforms are also great.

One thing, I think you can work the helmet to look a little more like a helmet, and give a definitive line gesture between where the hair comes out, and where the wing from the helmet ends.

I don't think you need to worry about similarity to the Warriors or the Cavs. Seeing as how the grizzlies, nuggets, jazz, and even pacers are so ridiculously similar colorwise.

The Warriors, well, it's a native american reference, and he's holding a bolt of lightning connected to the wordmark. So you can't compare the two that much.

It's like saying the Timberwolves', Bobcats, and Grizzlies all look entirely too similar. Which I don't think they do.

Wow, I really like this. The logo is great. I love the color combination and those uniforms are awesome. I dig the striping on them.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Brilliant!

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

It reminds me of the old Trenton Thunder logo.

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=5029

In content maybe, but certainly not execution, this is far better!

The logos are great, and I like the cut of the uniform, however it is very Cleveland-esque, which, as has already been addressed, is fine since there are many teams with similar colors/unis

Great job! We can only hope the actual unis look this good. This coming from a guy who thought Thor could not be used effectively, nor could red, blue and gold (heard that same rumor) make good team colors. I particularly like "T" and the striping--feels influenced by Native American art, which is definitely appreciated.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it. I will probably go back and try to fix a couple parts on Thor's head that I thought were not working very well, and a couple people commented on it. I think I will stick with the same colors for now, but maybe try this in the actual colors when they are released on wednesday too, if they are different. newokcfan, I was hoping somebody might pick up on a slight Native American influence on the striping. I started with more of an obvious reference, but tried merging that with modern-adidas-type designs and ended up going with something(this design) that I felt had turned into just modern-adidas-type design, so I am glad a little bit of the feel stayed in there for somebody.

Here's an uncanny connection. In the current relaunch of Thor, the Norse God of Thunder has rebuilt Asgard in the middle of Oklahoma. I now almost wonder if Bennett and Co. are Marvel fans. If they played up a mythological angle to it, it could be really cool.

Ha! I was just about to mention that very same thing!

BACK ON TOPIC:

That logo is really groovy, but you've got a few too many abdominal muscles in there, m'man. Think 'six-pack', not 'fourteen-pack'. Fix that one tiny discrepancy, and you've got yourself a winner.

Sigs are for sissies.

That's one very homo-erotic logo. Good job~!

:huh: Thats exactly what I was going for. I thought about bringing back a design similar to the Denver Nuggets' rainbow skyline jerseys but in the end decided that was too much.

Chuckymack; is their really a problem with the abs? I see 3, maybe 4 hinted at, with 2 being very prominent. I thought I set it up with 3 on each side. Thats how my rock hard six pack works :winner: Really though, if anyone else thinks it looks off let me know so I can change it up. Thanks for all the feedback.

Archived