World Football (Updated)

bigmike

Which are you trying to represent, the whole state of Ohio or just Columbus...

Some ideas for an "Ohio" team:

something to have to do with steel in some ways, as Ohio used to have a bunch of steel mills (but you CANNOT name a team in Ohio the Steelers)

the Cardinals (state bird)

something to have to do with the first flight of the Wright Brothers

something having to do with the start of football there

Some ideas for a "Columbus" team:

something to do with the naming the city after Chris Columbus (not the Clippers, that is already taken)

and I also like the idea of the Colonels, but personally I like a name like the Crusaders better (as I associate Colonels with Colonel Sanders of KFC, and the Kentucky Colonels of the ABA)

Just giving my two cents as a (former) Buckeye.

What about the Ohio Steel Birds (Cardinal mascot)???

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Columbus Cougars

Columbus Wildcats

Ohio Redbirds

Ohio Vandals

Ohio Pioneers

Columbus Colonials

Ohio RiverHawks

Columbus SkyHawks

Those are all cool names, my idea was mixing the steel mills and cardinals and calling it the SteelBirds or SteelHawks might sound better, Vandals is also a good name but I really like RiverHawks, that is unique,

So... Lets go with

A.) SteelBirds

B.) SteelHawks

C.) Vandals

D.) Riverhawks

Votes can decide! :)

I vote the Steelhawks (I alread made up a team named that in Youngstown, but feel free to use it!)

My second choice is the Riverhawks

My third choice is the Steelbirds

And, no the Vandals doesn't really fit

EDIT: The Riverhawks name is really growing on me, I think the Columbus Riverhawks name makes the most sense (with the Scioto River flowing through the city)

6fQjS3M.png

I vote the Steelhawks (I alread made up a team named that in Youngstown, but feel free to use it!)

My second choice is the Riverhawks

My third choice is the Steelbirds

And, no the Vandals doesn't really fit

Ok Riverhawks it is

I think incorporating the state of ohio with a hawk like the Atlanta Hawks primary (wings spread) would look good.

Yeah I agree, since there is also the Eagles in this div. and I just made the head for them, we need one with the wings spread in this one, I may try and make one based of the Atlanta Hawks ut if any one is good with making logos on photoshop or something please show me :)

I can't see this one, but I could see the others. Did you post it the same way or could you post a URL?

EDIT: Now I can see it.

I don't know about the colors for this scenario. I might try it with navy and gold. :)

EDIT II: I might consider changing the hawk a bit, good concept, but it just looks a little funny.

6fQjS3M.png

I drew up a concept of the Riverhawks logo with new colors. The main colors I had in mind were sky blue, navy, and white, but it came out looking like purple instead of navy on the scanner, but perhaps that could be an option as well.

I also included some concepts for the Vancouver Whalers logo I was working on...

wfllogoszr6.png

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I drew up a concept of the Riverhawks logo with new colors. The main colors I had in mind were sky blue, navy, and white, but it came out looking like purple instead of navy on the scanner, but perhaps that could be an option as well.

I also included some concepts for the Vancouver Whalers logo I was working on...

wfllogoszr6.png

Ahh, I really like the Whales logo, and the RiverHawks is great but I was trying to get away from makeing just the head of a bird because the eagles (D.C.) has just a head as well, I could change the colors though and use that logo as a secondary. :) Thanks again for the logos, Great job on the Vancouver any way you can run this through a vector or edit it thru photoshop.

Archived