World Football (Updated)

bigmike

Okay I have been one of the biggest Madden junkies since I have bought the game, I have had every one since 02 or 03. Every tim I got one I would always like creating teams (usally just to change colors and logos for a team already) but in 05 or 06, after they had the World Baseball Classic, I would make country teams like ( USA, Japan, Africa, etc.) I've always thought it would be cool of they had a world Football Classic (League,etc.) I know there really has been a WFL before but this would be for now, this is just for fun but I would like to make teams and logos and stuff, and see your ideas! Im kinda wanting to take a break from my NCAA concepts so this wasa good wayto do that I thought.

Any logo ideas, team ideas would help now for team ideas I thought we could either have a USA team and other Countrys or we could just have teams located all across the world and our country, if I can see wheter yall rather see this as a olympic sport or have regions kinda like the World Wiffle ball thing then you all can tell me. After that we can come up with teams, I guess I will go aheand and start it, we will just go with teams from all over locations instead of Countrys.

Western Hemisphere

North America East Div.

D.C. Eagles (Washington D.C.) Logos (Wordmark) Helmets Uniforms: Home Away Alternate

Throwbacks

NY/NJ Knights (New York/ New Jersey) Logos (Thanks to elliot) (Wordmark) Helmets Uniforms (thanks to The Imperfect): Home Away Alternate

Throwbacks

Ohio Riverhawks (Columbus, Ohio) Logos (Wordmark) Helmets Uniforms (Thanks to sizemorematters): Home Away Alternate

Throwbacks

Montreal Royals (Montreal, Canada) Logo done (thanks to The Imperfect) Logos (Wordmark) Helmets Uniforms: Home Away Alternate

Throwbacks

North America West Div.

Vancouver Whalers (Vancouver, Canada) (Thanks to Imperfect, Blitz, and elliot) Logos, (Thanks to elliot) Jersyes/Helmet

SoCal City Stars (Los Angeles, California) (Thanks to elliot for logos and jersyes) Logos, Jerseys/Helmets

Hawai'i Tribe (Honalulu, Hawai'i) Logos, Helmet, (Thanks to sizemorematters for jerseys) Home, Away, Alternate

Mexico City Rebels (Mexico) ( Thanks to Imperfect and elliot for logos),Logos

North America Central Div.

Alabama Gladiators (Birmingham, Alabama)

Chicago Fury (Chicago, Illinois)

Dallas Wranglers (Dallas, Texas)

San Juan Conquistadors (Puerto Rico)

South America Div.

Sao Paulo Andacondas (Brazil)

Buenos Aries Blazers (Argentina)

Venezuela Vipers (Venezuela)

Lima Kings (Peru)

All spots are filled for Western Hemisphere.

Eastern Hemisphere

Pacific Div.

Tokyo Tsunami

Hong Kong Tigers

Sidney Outbackers (Australia)

Melbourne Outlaws (Australia)

Western Div.

London Monarchs (England)

Berlin Blitz (Germany)

Stockholm Night Riders (Sweden)

Dublin Shamrocks (Ireland)

Northern Div.

Beijing Fire

Moscow Dynamite (Russia)

St. Petersburg Aurora (Russia)

Seoul Metropolitans/Mets (South Korea)

Southern Div.

Athens Thunder (Greece)

Madrid Toros (Spain)

Paris Hammer (France)

Rome Centurions (Italy)

All spots are filled, now we will make logos and uni's Feel free to give logo ideas in fact, I want to see your ideas because I don't have Illustrator, I can mess around and come up with some logos but I really need Your help with that. :) Thanks for the ideas so far, keep 'em comin!

Well thats all I can come up with any ideas? would like to get 32 teams in all, like the NFL 16 in each Hemi. :) Hope to see your guys thoughts. If yall think there should be more spots tell me but I just thought we would start with 32 since thats the way NFL does it.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Western Hemisphere

North America

Birmingham Gladiators

Chicago Fury

Hawaiian Islanders

Los Angeles Stars

Montréal Dragons (after my successful fantasy baseball team)

New England Whales

New York/New Jersey Knights

Toronto Northmen

Eastern Hemisphere

Beijing Fire

London Monarchs

Sydney (Australia) Thunder

Tokyo Tsunami

Western Hemisphere

North America

Birmingham Gladiators

Chicago Fury

Hawaiian Islanders

Los Angeles Stars

Montréal Dragons (after my successful fantasy baseball team)

New England Whales

New York/New Jersey Knights

Toronto Northmen

Eastern Hemisphere

Beijing Fire

London Monarchs

Sydney (Australia) Thunder

Tokyo Tsunami

I like those, I will fill them in, thnx any other ideas, that goes for everybody :)

Just some thoughts for more teams:

Eastern Hemisphere

Berlin (Germany) Blitz

Stockholm (Sweden) Hammers

Hong Kong Tigers

Moscow (Russia) Dynamite

South Africa Whitesharks

Melbourne (Australia) Outlaws

Western Hemisphere

Mexico City Diablos

Amazon (Brazil) Anacondas

Buenos Aires Breeze

Venezuela Vipers

Alabama team? No.

Agreed, swap out Houston or Dallas for Birmingham.

Alabama team? No.

I did put a Alabama team in, Birmingham Gladiators, or they could be called Alabama Gladiators what do yall think sounds better.

Eastern Hemisphere

Berlin (Germany) Blitz

Stockholm (Sweden) Hammers

Hong Kong Tigers

Moscow (Russia) Dynamite

South Africa Whitesharks

Melbourne (Australia) Outlaws

Western Hemisphere

Mexico City Diablos

Amazon (Brazil) Anacondas

Buenos Aires Breeze

Venezuela Vipers

I like these too, I will fill these in, I think that leaves 4 spots left for the West and 5 spots left (if we have 2 Australia teams) if not then 6 spots left

Alabama team? No.

I did put a Alabama team in, Birmingham Gladiators, or they could be called Alabama Gladiators what do yall think sounds better.

I think he's trying to say an Alabama team is not a good idea, try a bigger city like Houston or Dallas.

Also throw in Dublin Shamrocks and Rome Centurions as team ideas.

Alabama team? No.

I think he's trying to say an Alabama team is not a good idea, try a bigger city like Houston or Dallas.

Oh well, see Alabama had apro franchise in the World Football League and did realy good, and since we dont have a pro franchise and Dallas and Houstan have one I want to keep a Bama team, but I will put a Texas team in since it is such a big State I was thinking more of Austin though or Houstan would be good since they used to have one.

And I will put those 2 west teams in, did you mean replace Sydney with Melbourn or have them both?

Alabama team? No.

Oh well, see Alabama had apro franchise in the World Football League and did realy good, and since we dont have a pro franchise and Dallas and Houstan have one I want to keep a Bama team, but I will put a Texas team in since it is such a big State I was thinking more of Austin though or Houstan would be good since they used to have one.

And I will put those 2 west teams in, did you mean replace Sydney with Melbourn or have them both?

Have them both, there really aren't many cities I could think of to have a team over that way.

Alabama team? No.

Have them both, there really aren't many cities I could think of to have a team over that way.

Alrighty

Of all the cities and states in America to put a team and you're going to put one in Alabama? Half of that state isn't even developed lol.

Well, we are some of the craziest fans in the country about football and we dont have a pro franchise, and the Birmingham team from the WFL in the 80's won the whole thing I think so Im keeping Bama in there :) but like I said there are 4 spots open in the West all of those could go to USA temas.

I would like to see more of yall's ideas, if we get all the teams we will split the up in divisions and then we can make jerseys and logos :)

Thanks for the ideas so far, only 3 spots left for the East and 4 left for the West

We understand your desire for a pro football team in 'Bama, but you got put your personal desires aside when thinking of something like this. Plus you have to realize the first WFL only had teams in America, and when thinking on a global scale, most of the world wouldn't know where or what Birmingham is. Just for fun though I dicked around with the idea...

Western Hemisphere Conference

WHC Eastern

(USA) New York Knights

(USA) Philadelphia Independence

(Canada) Montreal Royals

(Canada) Toronto CityHawks

WHC Western

(USA) Chicago Fury

(Canada) Vancouver Whalers

(USA) Los Angeles Bruins

(USA) Dallas Wranglers

WHC Central

(Mexico) Mexico City Rebels

(USA) Miami Blaze

(Puero Rico) San Juan Porters

(Colombia) Bogota Muiscas

- Named after the nation that the Spanish invaded in what is now central Colombia.

WHC Southern

(Brazil) São Paulo Sucuri

- 'Sucuri' is the local name for Anacondas and other Boas.

(Brazil) Rio de Janerio Diablos

(Argentina) Buenos Aires FC

(Peru) Lima Kings

- Lima is nicknamed 'The City of Kings'.

Eastern Hemisphere Conference

EHC Western

(UK) London Monarchs

(Germany) Berlin Blitz

(Ireland) Dublin Shamrocks

(Sweden) Stockholm Norsemen

EHC Pacific

(Australia) Sydney Seahawks

(Australia) Melbourne Outlaws

(China) Hong Kong Tigers

(Japan) Tokyo Tsunami

EHC Northern

(China) Beijing Dynasty

(Russia) Moscow Dynamite

(Russia) St. Petersburg Aurora

- Named after the Russian cruiser 'Aurora' which is an iconic symbol of the Soviet Revolution and is still docked in St. Petersburg today.

(South Korea) Seoul Metropolitans (Mets)

EHC Southern

(France) Paris Hammer

- Named after Charles Martel, who is nicknamed 'The Hammer', French commander who successfully defeated the Muslims at the Battle of Tours, which would eventually prevent Muslim expansion in Europe.

(Italy) Rome Centurions

(Spain) Madrid Toros

(Greece) Athens Thunder

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

We understand your desire for a pro football team in 'Bama, but you got put your personal desires aside when thinking of something like this. Plus you have to realize the first WFL only had teams in America, and when thinking on a global scale, most of the world wouldn't know where or what Birmingham is. Just for fun though I dicked around with the idea...

Western Hemisphere Conference

WHC Eastern

(USA) New York Knights

(USA) Philadelphia Independence

(Canada) Montreal Royals

(Canada) Toronto CityHawks

WHC Western

(USA) Chicago Fury

(Canada) Vancouver Whalers

(USA) Los Angeles Bruins

(USA) Dallas Wranglers

WHC Central

(Mexico) Mexico City Rebels

(USA) Miami Blaze

(Puero Rico) San Juan Porters

(Colombia) Bogota Muiscas

- Named after the nation that the Spanish invaded in what is now central Colombia.

WHC Southern

(Brazil) São Paulo Sucuri

- 'Sucuri' is the local name for Anacondas and other Boas.

(Brazil) Rio de Janerio Diablos

(Argentina) Buenos Aires FC

(Peru) Lima Kings

- Lima is nicknamed 'The City of Kings'.

Eastern Hemisphere Conference

EHC Western

(UK) London Monarchs

(Germany) Berlin Blitz

(Ireland) Dublin Shamrocks

(Sweden) Stockholm Norsemen

EHC Pacific

(Australia) Sydney Seahawks

(Australia) Melbourne Outlaws

(China) Hong Kong Tigers

(Japan) Tokyo Tsunami

EHC Northern

(China) Beijing Dynasty

(Russia) Moscow Dynamite

(Russia) St. Petersburg Aurora

- Named after the Russian cruiser 'Aurora' which is an iconic symbol of the Soviet Revolution and is still docked in St. Petersburg today.

(South Korea) Seoul Metropolitans (Mets)

EHC Southern

(France) Paris Hammer

- Named after Charles Martel, who is nicknamed 'The Hammer', French commander who successfully defeated the Muslims at the Battle of Tours, which would eventually prevent Muslim expansion in Europe.

(Italy) Rome Centurions

(Spain) Madrid Toros

(Greece) Athens Thunder

I like some of these, but like I said Im going to keep Alabama in there so just ignore them :)

some of these are great though and I think thats a good way to pick the divisions so after I feel these in we will be ready for logo and color ideas, which I would like you all to help me out with cause I'm not great at making logos ust yet. :) Thanks for all the help so far.

I think bigmike should keep the Alabama/Birmingham team in there. Remember, this is just for fun, and it never hurts to have something unique, especially if the thing doesn't exist. It's the same thing as saying Green Bay shouldn't have an NFL team because it isn't big enough, and last time I checked Auburn and Alabama games draw pretty well. Anyways, if I did something like this, I would have a team in Youngstown, Ohio and/or Columbus, Ohio.

6fQjS3M.png

I think bigmike should keep the Alabama/Birmingham team in there. Remember, this is just for fun, and it never hurts to have something unique, especially if the thing doesn't exist. It's the same thing as saying Green Bay shouldn't have an NFL team because it isn't big enough, and last time I checked Auburn and Alabama games draw pretty well. Anyways, if I did something like this, I would have a team in Youngstown, Ohio and/or Columbus, Ohio.

Thank you and just for that I will put Ohio in there :)

Archived