Af2's Columbus Wardogs Alter Look...

Brian in Boston

The Columbus Wardogs of af2 have unveiled a new secondary logo... which will become the logo used on both their helmets and jersey sleeves. Their primary mark will continue to be featured on souvenir items such as t-shirts, caps, etc.

The "C" that serves as the containment device in the primary mark has been removed in the secondary logo, as has the football that the "wardog" rested its paw on. The reasoning behind removing the "C" was that its inclusion required that the logos on each side of the helmet "faced" in different directions. With the "C" removed, the "wardog" can be facing towards the facemask on both sides of the helmet.

http://www.columbuswardogs.com

Brian in Boston

Those are not too bad especially by AF2 standards I like the logo with the C better though it completes the look, but its not a bad alt, and it makes sense to put it on the helmet this way.

Hopefully the C logo will remain on the jerseys or something like that.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah... they've obviously increased the size of the paw in the new secondary.

As for the issue of adding the "C" to the secondary... it's NOT going to happen. The whole reason they removed the "C" was because using it meant that the logo had to face in different directions on each side of the helmet. They're attempting to eliminate that discrepancy.

Brian in Boston

Wait a sec, Columbus has an AFL and an AF2 team? They must sure love the Arena game in Columbus!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

It took me forever to figure out that wasn't Columbus, Ohio and really in Georgia. I knew Ohio had the old Buffalo AFL team, and I figured this most likely was a southern Columbus, but the logo kept making me think of the Blue Jackets' second logo, especially thier alternate uniform.

It took me forever to figure out that wasn't Columbus, Ohio and really in Georgia. I knew Ohio had the old Buffalo AFL team, and I figured this most likely was a southern Columbus, but the logo kept making me think of the Blue Jackets' second logo, especially thier alternate uniform.

I thought that too.. the "C" looks like something from the Blue Jackets set.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived