Florida Panthers, its about that time

MiK

The Florida Panthers have one of the best logos in the NHL and arguably in the state of Florida (although I do love those Jags and Bucs logos). Anyway, the color scheme and jersey type for Florida are a disaster. For both the home and away kits, i took the pittsburgh jersey type and made some minor changes, extending the stripe all the way down on the sides, and separating the sleeve stripes. Nothing too flashy.

The Home Kit:

flahome.png

I decided to go with just the head of the panther on this one because I thought it portrays the panther well without sacrificing the detail you get with a larger image.

The Away Kit:

flaaway.png

This is one of my favorite logos out there and its a shame Florida doesn't use this on a kit.

The Logos:

flalogos.png

Simple, recoloring of the current logo, with introduction of just the head.

So nothing too drastic, but i think it looks classy with the recoloring, and ditching of the ridiculously overused red.

So there you have it, danke.

UPDATED UNIS:

I realize the florida-"red" relationship but clearly i didn't want any red in here. but i do get the blandness of the colors i had originally, so here is my weak attempt to satisfy us all.

Home:

flahomev2.png

Away:

flaawayv2.png

Logos:

flalogosv2.png

Hup Hup

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

I like your use of the head-only logo, but I have to question your choice of colours to drop. These probably would have looked nicer in red and gold, as opposed to blue and gold.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

i thought i was the only person who loves the panthers logo, but hates their uniforms.

imo, it needs more red... i think the red, blue, yellow combo from their cup run era was the best look they had.

Even if I wasn't a Panthers fan, I think they have one of the best identities in sports. Aside from the new Edge jerseys, everything works. The logo is a bit complex, but still awesome. The secondary is perfect. The team is named after a creature, which if you travel 300 yards from the arena into it's expansive habitat, you might actually see. The colors are good, they have yellow and red borrowed from the art of the Native population of the Everglades and blue for the water of the "river of grass".

I'm not sure about these new colors. They are very close to FIU, the Golden Panthers, they say "beaches and ocean" very well, like the Padres. I love the look here, but I don't think that's the side of Florida that this team bases it's identity on. I think another color would help, maybe a small amount of yellow trim. Love the logo with the broken stick, love the head only, I just think the head only should be the alternate. Yellow needs to be used on the sun logo IMO. Swap that color and add some yellow trim or piping and you'll have something I could get behind. Nice job!

Seeing as everyone and their mother wants red in here, I give you my reason for not including it. Red is so totally overused in the NHL, its not even funny. And I realize that blue is next in line for overused colors, but its either one or the other. Florida right now abuses the hell of out red in their uniforms and it just looks bad. Steering away from the red-blue-yellow primary color, trifecta cluster-f, cleans up the image and actually helps the Panther look a little more respectable and less like it fell out of a clowns ass.

Also, I found it interesting that the Blue-Gold scheme isn't too common in the NHL after the caps changed their colors back.

I just thought you might want to know why I got rid of red, and am not too keen on bringing it back.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Seeing as everyone and there mother wants red in here, I give you my reason for not including it. Red is so totally overused in the NHL, its not even funny. And I realize that blue is next in line for overused colors, but its either one or the other. Florida right now abuses the hell of out red in their uniforms and it just looks bad. Steering away from the red-blue-yellow primary color, trifecta cluster-f, cleans up the image and actually helps the Panther look a little more respectable and less like it fell out of a clowns ass.

Also, I found it interesting that the Blue-Gold scheme isn't too common in the NHL after the caps changed their colors back.

I just thought you might want to know why I got rid of red, and am not too keen on bringing it back.

it's your concept, and i totally respect your decisions.

but i respectfully disagree. i think the primary color look works great for them, and their uniforms were at their best immediately before they made navy blue the home jersey.

Red might be overused in the NHL, but then why did you use blue if it's the second most used color? Actually the red, yellow, and blue work very well together. The blue being a dark blue (cool color) and the red being a warm color with a hint of yellow, is a nice use of split complimentary colors. The complimentary color of blue is orange, and on either side of it is red and yellow. So to just throw out one color because you it's "overused", doesn't always fly. Is this an improvement over what they have? No. You actually just admitted to using the Penguins template and changed the black to blue. I would like to see an improvement on what they wear, this is a regress.

I don't like the logo with the panther breaking the stick. Because it would mean that the panther is standing there with a broken stick in its hands. But the feet are tiny. The reason is that the logo has perspective. The panther is leaping at you. You can't have the panther leap and break a stick at the same time. It just doesn't work.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Red is very much a part of Florida. It's the color I turn when I'm out in the sun too long!

In all seriousness, I think the gold and navy is a great color palette, but not for the Florida Panthers. I wish they'd bring back their red home jerseys from back in the day. I was disappointed when they switched to navy as their home, instead of the alternate.

One of my favorite jerseys I own is a red, John Vanbiesbrouck, Florida Panthers (then-)road jersey.

The concept looks nice. I like the use of the head logo. Good work.

UPDATED UNIS:

I realize the florida-"red" relationship but clearly i didn't want any red in here. but i do get the blandness of the colors i had originally, so here is my weak attempt to satisfy us all.

Home:

flahomev2.png

Away:

flaawayv2.png

Logos:

flalogosv2.png

Obama 08!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

I like the updated uni's, but whats up with the Panther's red eye in the home jersey?

I'm not sure what that was all about, fixed it anyway. Thanks for pickin' that up.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Archived