Why do Saints wear white?

GoDawgs08

does anyone know why the Saints have started wearing white at home? they have started to do it pretty often, but the funny thing is they are indoors.

i remember their first game back in the dome after the hurricane, they wore gold/white/gold. maybe that has become the new thing? they also started wearing black pants again after the hurricane as well.

white jerseys and black pants definitely dont look good indoors.

(and have the vikings matched the helmet with the jersey yet? it still looks a tiny bit off! but not nearly as much as it used to)

temp.png

I hate the Saints black pants. Looks horrible, like ballet tights. Need to wear the gold pants for every game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

they need to make a rule in the NFL about white jerseys at home,call it "your not the cowboys rule"

and i hate when ppl say things about the heat,you picked the colors,you know where you play.....why don't teams get that

yoo3.png

they need to make a rule in the NFL about white jerseys at home,call it "your not the cowboys rule"

and i hate when ppl say things about the heat,you picked the colors,you know where you play.....why don't teams get that

The problem is any color absorbs more heat than white. So...really mandating color jerseys at home does theoretically disadvantage teams. Besides, the home fans may want to see the white jerseys.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I noticed that tonight too while watching the game and I was kinda suprised.

I actually don't like most teams wearing white at home, especially when the alternate jerseys are dark. The white jerseys at home is getting annoying IMO.

The Saints all black is my favorite uni combo for them.

2ly2w09.jpg

The Saints are one of the few teams that don't do that much better at the Dome than on the road. It was supposedly a 'focus' this year for them to play better at home, and like Haslett did in 2000 for the last couple of games, I believe they switched to the road uni to change things up at home. It's a mistake IMO because even though it may be a small thing, allowing your opponent to wear their home unis takes away some of your home field advantage. Make 'em have the whole 'on the road' experience, unis and all.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

does anyone know why the Saints have started wearing white at home? they have started to do it pretty often, but the funny thing is they are indoors.

i remember their first game back in the dome after the hurricane, they wore gold/white/gold. maybe that has become the new thing? they also started wearing black pants again after the hurricane as well.

(and have the vikings matched the helmet with the jersey yet? it still looks a tiny bit off! but not nearly as much as it used to)

I don't get it either. Same thing with the Texans, who wear white at home early in the season, and they play in a dome! Perhaps the air conditioning doesn't work as well early in the season. B)

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Slightly OT since this is mainly a Saints thread, but it seems like the artificial lighting makes the Vikings helmet and jerseys not match - at least on TV.

When the Vikings have worn purple on the road outdoors the helmet and jersey are pretty well matched. If I can dig up a photo (Google photo is blocked here) I'll post one.

The teams probably think that fans want to come to the game or support the team while wearing the same jersey that the team is wearing. If they only wear their home jersey, then (theoretically) they're only marketing 50% of their product. This way, they're getting people to buy / wear both home and away jerseys. That's just their thought process - I'm not saying it's a really good one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't get it either. Same thing with the Texans, who wear white at home early in the season, and they play in a dome! Perhaps the air conditioning doesn't work as well early in the season. B)

well the Texans have the roof open most of the time. They only close it when there is inclimate weather. Its Houston, hot and muggy...I dont blame them.

temp.png

well the Texans have the roof open most of the time. They only close it when there is inclimate weather. Its Houston, hot and muggy...I dont blame them.

I understand why teams like the Chargers, Dolphins, Jags, Bucs, & other southern NFL teams that play outside do it. What I don't understand is why Philly does it. I mean, they do it against the 'Skins and Cowboys on a regular basis since they tend to love their white uniforms, but they did it against the Steelers. Why?

And I guess the way that it figures in for my team is the fact that I did not see the Falcons wear white in the regular season until last week when they played the Packers. The entire first quarter of the season, the Falcons were in red.

I understand why teams like the Chargers, Dolphins, Jags, Bucs, & other southern NFL teams that play outside do it. What I don't understand is why Philly does it. I mean, they do it against the 'Skins and Cowboys on a regular basis since they tend to love their white uniforms, but they did it against the Steelers. Why?

And I guess the way that it figures in for my team is the fact that I did not see the Falcons wear white in the regular season until last week when they played the Falcons. The entire first quarter of the season, the Falcons were in red.

No wonder they won. :P

And I guess the way that it figures in for my team is the fact that I did not see the Falcons wear white in the regular season until last week when they played the Falcons. The entire first quarter of the season, the Falcons were in red.

You always hear about teams beating themselves. I never knew it was literal.

No blck drawers!!!!! I hate black pants with no stripes.....I hate Ed Herculiiies right now too/////

Would you be blaming him right now if ESPN hadn't made a big deal about it? How about blaming Martin Gramatica? Or Drew Brees for making three turnovers?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow, I was thinking Packers, and somehow came up with that. Too much red in the head. :(

lol

Call it Oregon Ducks syndrome. More and more, teams are wearing all of their uniform combos at home just to mix things up and give the fans something new to look at.

oregon hasnt worn white at home, and thats not neccisarilly true, usually teams that wear white at home wear the same set each time.

Redskins and Eagles have been notorious for wearing all white at home, esp recently...but besdies that teams arent wearing everything in their arsenal like they could

temp.png

No blck drawers!!!!! I hate black pants with no stripes.....I hate Ed Herculiiies right now too/////

Would you be blaming him right now if ESPN hadn't made a big deal about it? How about blaming Martin Gramatica? Or Drew Brees for making three turnovers?

There was more than enough blame to go around, for both the Saints and the zebras. Obviously the Vikes, especially the one-man wrecking crew Winfield, deserve some credit too.

And Adrian fumbled btw. B)

Archived