Flames Concept

STL FANATIC

I actually did this idea for a contest somewhere else. The basic thought of flames on the sleeves and waist is nothing new, but this time it's done my style. This contest had a quick deadline, plus given that CCSLP is the best board for that sort of stuff so any other board including the one this contest doesn't have quite as good designs, I didn't worry too much about getting everything perfect. So, while many times i would say that since the flames are actually more on the back of the sleeve so they wouldn't show very well, I sorta took advantage of the fact that those people probably won't think about that (heck, a lot of times that passes on this board). Maybe that's wrong, but that's what I did, lol. I still like the concept regardless. Anyway, here it is.

flames.gif

Its crazy looking, but i bet it would be sweet if the breezers were red.

Speaking of Breezers, was the full pant thing only a trend in Wisconsin, circa 1980s or what?

Your probably right. I'm one for simplicity though, so I'd have to think about giving them another pair of breezers, but I guess if they were the ones that just go over em like they used in the ASG it wouldn't matter.

I know some players on the Blues (Joe Michaleti?) used the full pants at one point. I also think the Flyers tried em before.

Get rid of the horse--which I never liked, and it would make a great 3rd if you had a betre logo there--and I'm sure you could do better logo than the horsehead they came up with.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like this one. As a concept idea, i think it looks good.

Aside from the concept, I've always thought that the horse head would better fit teh team if it were namesd "Calgary Stallions or Stampeders" If it was kept to teh shoulders, no prob, but really, the horse head for calgary is like Mooterus for Dallas. I think the red C would look good on the black uniform

Once again, not intended to draw away from your concept STL

those are cool IDon, but i thik the flames are too big, but i dont see why they dont do that.

ive been drawing things to this effect for years for the flames, and i guarentee they've been approached with it, but i dont know if they would ever actually do either one of these.

Call me JQK, but i think their 80's unis are as good as they get. It seemed like they had a brighter red back then, almost flouresent.

I have to agree that this would look better with the C, but that brings up a good question:

Why haven't teams used sublimated jerseys?? I believe Tampa and LA are the only two to have done it, but they were short lived.

Call me JQK, but i think their 80's unis are as good as they get. It seemed like they had a brighter red back then, almost flouresent.

My favorite Flames unis were the ones they started with when they moved from Atlanta--which were basically the same as the ones they had there. I like the current white jerseys too--but I prefer the older ones.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Why haven't teams used sublimated jerseys?? I believe Tampa and LA are the only two to have done it, but they were short lived.

the islanders fisherman jerseys :puke:

the penguins and canucks (past and present) gradient jerseys.

the current bruins alt. and the stars home and aways I believe are subliminated

Archived