Domain Register

Ez Street

I want to open up a website for the Pro Sports history in Topeka, Kansas. So i'd like to register a domain name. My question is what places offer the cheapest rates?

Also which name should i choose?

sportsintopeka.com/net/org

topekasports.net

topekasportshistory.com/net/org

capitalcitysports.net/org

I want to open up a website for the Pro Sports history in Topeka, Kansas. [snip]

Also which name should i choose?

sportsintopeka.com/net/org

topekasports.net

topekasportshistory.com/net/org

capitalcitysports.net/org

Well, if you say "Capital City Sports" to me, my first thought is Madison, WI, second thought is Washington, DC (all depends on where you're from :D ). So, out with that one.

If you want it to be about "Topeka Sports History", I say go with that.

I'm not sure on the tag, although I would think "org" is appropriate to what you describe.

It's where I sit.

I would highly recommend Media Temple ((www.mediatemple.net). I registered my domain (nitroseed.net) for about $5.00 for one year (a one-time fee) and I pay $18.95 for hosting. It may sound like a lot, but you get a lot. You can also obtain unlimited alternate domains (as in, www.another-domain.net) for the cost of just registering the domain. Your hosting will work for all of them. You can also use unlimited sub-domains (like sub.nitroseed.net) just by creating a folder named the same as the sub-domain you want. Their service is second to none (I put in a request for a status change and they called me within 15 minutes to talk to me personally about it), and you get a ton of space and all the works with it (MySQL and PHP support). They have very reasonable rates, in my opinioin, so I highly suggest you check them out.

I would highly recommend Media Temple ((www.mediatemple.net). I registered my domain (nitroseed.net) for about $5.00 for one year (a one-time fee) and I pay $18.95 for hosting. It may sound like a lot, but you get a lot. You can also obtain unlimited alternate domains (as in, www.another-domain.net) for the cost of just registering the domain. Your hosting will work for all of them. You can also use unlimited sub-domains (like sub.nitroseed.net) just by creating a folder named the same as the sub-domain you want. Their service is second to none (I put in a request for a status change and they called me within 15 minutes to talk to me personally about it), and you get a ton of space and all the works with it (MySQL and PHP support). They have very reasonable rates, in my opinioin, so I highly suggest you check them out.

What kind of features to you get? How much bandwidth do they give you?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Right now, with the basic plan, I have 150 MB of file space, and an allotted 10.2 GB of network transfer space, meaning the amount of total data transmitted from site to all its visitors in one month. I forgot to mention also that you get 10 email addresses with this plan as well. You get added space as you go higher in the plans (i.e. pretty much double my figures for about $34.95 a month), but I think the basic is pretty well worth it.

I'm with omnis... same as nitro's but hosting is 6.95 for 50mb and 16.95 for 100mb

Nitro's suggestion has the subdomains, which my place doesn't have.

Customer service at omnis is incredible as well. They actually ANSWER THE PHONE which is cool

http://www.omnis.com

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Right now, with the basic plan, I have 150 MB of file space, and an allotted 10.2 GB of network transfer space, meaning the amount of total data transmitted from site to all its visitors in one month. I forgot to mention also that you get 10 email addresses with this plan as well. You get added space as you go higher in the plans (i.e. pretty much double my figures for about $34.95 a month), but I think the basic is pretty well worth it.

Have you ever gone over your bandwidth? What happens when you do so?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I have 5,000mb of transfer, and i use my site a lot, and have never gone over. Its insane to think of having 10 GIGs...

When you go over they charge you a pittance per meg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Its insane to think of having 10 GIGs...

DetroitHockey.Net has 20 GB and we went over in January when this board was still there. The account that sportslogos.net has right now has 25 GB of bandwidth.

I get my domains from GoDaddy just 'cause I'm used to their system and can manage all my domains from one place. I've heard enom (http://www.enom.com) is good. My hosting for DH.N is through CI Host but they pissed me off so I'm moving to BlueWho, where I have a reseller account and can host all my domains in one place. I pay $30/month for 2 GB of space, 30 GB of transfer, I can host as many domains as I want, and (if I allow it) each of those domains gets unlimited email addresses, subdomains, databases, etc.

Have you ever gone over your bandwidth? What happens when you do so?

I've never gone over, but then again, I've never run a largely-visited site.

I go through affordable host, which is $6/month for 100MB space and 5 GB/mo. transfer. It says it offers multiple domains (3), but I don't know if it offers sub-domains like Nitro's, because I've never had to find out. They don't have a phone number to call for tech support, but emailing them gets a very quick response.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 9 years later...

Archived