Anyone Remember The Original Sim City?

vicfurth

Okay, think back before Windows ME, before the Internet, back to 1989, when the cars were fast, the music horrible, and SimCity is released for the SNES...

Man, that's an awesome game! Who remembers it, and how good (or bad) did you do? Who still has it *shyly raises hand* :P

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

SimCity got me hooked onto SNES. i would play for hours on the fast mode (i just couldn't take the slow). when i got my first windows PC (1995) it was packed in with the other pre-installed stuff. SNES was better, i thought.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

The SNES version was pretty cool, I remember sitting downa dn playing that for hours. I even got the origonal computer version...that one wasn;t quite as fun without Mr. Sim. I never managed to make it to a Megalopolis, I hit Metropolis and could never grow any bigger....ah memories :D

Sim City originally came out as a DOS-based program, didn't it? I played that A LOT. It ruled.

It's flashback week, apparently, as yesterday I went digging for Scorched Earth, and found the originals AND a new 3-D version which is amazing, and pretty true to the original.

Now I'm going to have to go find the original Civilization. That was a classic.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The original was great because it started a chain of awesome games to come but compared to Sim City 2000 & 3000 it's just too plain.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Meh. You kids and your new fangled graphics... *waves cane* :cursing:

Granted, I never bothered to play any of the versions after the original. The original wasn't flashy, certainly not by today's standards, but it was genius.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

it certinaly was enjoyable. I got 2000, but never botehred after that. THeres just that vintage charm about Sim City 1. It's like me and NHL95, the new 3D editions are cool and all, but nothing will compare to my dynasty on NHL95, just like no 3D city will ever compare to my 2D Central City :D

is the new scorched earth any good? the original was sweet. that was my first taste of "online gaming". turn based online... during the old days of text only BBS, 14.4kps modem speeds, and DOS based IBM clones (pre-Winders for the young'ns).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

Now I'm going to have to go find the original Civilization.  That was a classic.

Sweet!

I have the original Civilization! It's great. It came packed with a similar game that I actually like a lot more, Colonization. You're one of 4 nations (England, Spain, France, The Netherlands) and you colonize the new world. Indian affairs, European affairs, revolutions, trade, it's great. I'm going to play it as soon as I get off here. Ignore the DOS graphics, original Civ and Colonization are GREAT games!

Best computer game ever: Civilization 2, Multiplayer

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I have the original one for Mac along with SimAnt and SimLife. Unfortunatley, I don't have a floppy drive anymore, or the ability to run my computer in 16 colors, or 250, or whatever it wants.

I just purchased the game for my little brother (4 year old) for Christmas for the SNES, and it's pretty good.

I have that now for snes, although i don't play it much now that I have a ps2. But I still play sometimes.

The music and the crazy hair guy is the best :lol:. Am I the only one who builds up there city and when you get bored unleash a bunch of disasters, especially the godzilla attack?

What a lot of earlier games lacked in graphics, they made up for in character (not that there aren't some cool games out now with character and great graphics).

Two old favorites of mine--World Class Leader Board and Earl Weaver Baseball.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

What a lot of earlier games lacked in graphics, they made up for in character (not that there aren't some cool games out now with character and great graphics).

don't forget, great gameplay!

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

Archived