North Queensland Fury FC

Brian in Boston

That logo is... erm... what is that?

And I realize that something gets lost in translation as far as pop culture goes, but I can't help but feel a marketing opportunity was missed by not naming the team the Townsville Powerpuffs. Perhaps for netball?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That logo is... erm... what is that?

And I realize that something gets lost in translation as far as pop culture goes, but I can't help but feel a marketing opportunity was missed by not naming the team the Townsville Powerpuffs. Perhaps for netball?

It's a Fury. Like, Duh! :P

The font choices are terrible, the gradient is beyond terrible, and the logo itself is as pathetic as most ABA logos.

AAO would have done the perfect job with this though.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Insipid.

The colours don't match the name. The name itself is just bad, and worse in the context of North Queensland being a fairly conservative kind of place. (Think our version of the Deep South).

Victory and Glory were tolerable, Roar was groan-worthy and this is just bad.

All the more credit to the Gold Coast for not going with a nickname yet. They're just Gold Coast United until a nickname emerges organically.

Its also worked in Adelaide where they're known as the Reds to all and sundry now. No need to brand them with some horrible groupthink creation.

liverpool-1.png

Insipid.

The colours don't match the name. The name itself is just bad, and worse in the context of North Queensland being a fairly conservative kind of place. (Think our version of the Deep South).

All the more credit to the Gold Coast for not going with a nickname yet. They're just Gold Coast United until a nickname emerges organically.

Its also worked in Adelaide where they're known as the Reds to all and sundry now. No need to brand them with some horrible groupthink creation.

So, essentially it's the "Deep North." Wow. Things really do flip in the other side of the globe. :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

Sadly, Ian's concept of a thundering herd of wallabies got passed over for this.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sadly, Ian's concept of a thundering herd of wallabies got passed over for this.

Still upset about the OKC Thunder, I suppose?

SHOULD BE THE OKC BLUNDER, OHMYGOD AMIRITE WHAT A TERRIBLE FRANCHISE

Sorry. Dead pushed me over the edge.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Insipid.

I thought they had a partnership deal with the MLS LA Galaxy and would be called the Gold Coast Galaxy?

What the hell is a fury? Why the hell is it green?

The original Nth Qld was going to be Northern Thunder, yes Mockba, that was until the consortium behind it split and went two ways - both setting up new consortiums for the HAL licence.

The Gold Coast were going to be the Galaxy and had some deal with LA. But that was until one of Australia's richest people, Palmer(?), came in and won the Gold Coast licence and named his team United.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Insipid.

I thought they had a partnership deal with the MLS LA Galaxy and would be called the Gold Coast Galaxy?

The Gold Coast Galaxy bid fell through; Gold Coast Galaxy was a new consortium. The Gury logo is mean to be a cycclone/ strong winds due to the wed season up in the tropics of North Queensland

Archived