From High School To The Nfl

CrookedThumb

This is awful news, this a no win sitaution if they dont get drafted they cant play in college and they wont makie it in the NFl, people need to wake up and put a hault to this now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

*shaking head* C'mon, guys, wise up. Why are they allowing high school kids in the NFL?!? Anybody who know anything about football know that high school studs usually have a hard first year in college, let alone the NFL. Each "prospect" would need at least three years to be any good. The NFL is faster, stronger, and smarter than high school football (good gosh, Larry Allen benched 700 pounds). This isn't baseball where you can be 5'7", 170 pounds and be good. Football players are physically and mentally incapable of playing with the big boys right outta HS.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

It was ruled that the NFL stops players from having a chance in their field by placing an age restriction, right?

Well, can't an arguement be made that it ruins these potential players careers by not letting them develop. Perhaps we can see if these players actually do bust or not and then a more proper ruling can be made.

Ok I don't know who the hell Joe Lee is and I am an bigtime HS football fan from WA. I checked the all-state teams and he didnt make it, so I am wondering why he would declare draft eligibility if he sucks.

of the legion of HS football players every year, maybe ONE is ready for teh NFL...one per 20 years <_< and maybe 10 are truly ready for Division 1 college ball. this is idiocy matched only by the Harrick Exam :wacko:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Here's the thing people forget. If a team thinks they're good enough, they WILL draft them. If not, then they'll fall off the charts and into oblivion. Having no choice but to join the CFL and hope to make it big there.

These kids are, in actuallity, screwing themselves by settling to be a 2nd day pick NOW as opposed to a possible 1st round pick and making millions more. And with the fact that teams won't draft these kids to play NOW, rather 2 or 3 years down the line -- they'll be stuck with these crappy late round salaries and maybe never get a chance to prove themselves. Also, these kids will probably be facing alot of pressure to succeed and if success is not immediate, they will be labeled as busts which may flat out demoralize and force them to fall off the map of anything that matters and into the CFL.

The most NFL ready kid I could possibly think of is Jeff Byers, the #1 recruit in the Nation from Loveland High School in. As an O-Linemen, 0 sacks were credited against him... and as a DT on the other side of the ball, he recorded 200+ tackles. He's like, 285 lbs...

But that kid is not NEAR NFL ready -- so I doubt any of these kids are. In my opinion, they're just looking for instant fame instead of a chance at a lasting and meaningful career. It's a shame. :ghostface: *

IUe6Hvh.png

I believe we can all thank the sniveling little bastard that is Maurice Clarett for this. I hope he gets drafted and plays one game just so someone can injure him and end his career. Why should he even get this chance after accepting several thousands of dollars from boosters and then LYING about it to investigators? Freakin' crybaby.

You know, there's a morbid fascination in all of this, in that maybe, just maybe, a 17- or 18-year old kid will come out of high school, go to NFL camp, and get his clock cleaned DURING PRACTICE, not a game not a pre-season game, but IN PRACTICE.

This is a kid, immature, not even close to being done to be physically ready for the daily beatings that mercenary 30-year olds will be more than happy to apply. Two months of having his ass handed to him will do nothing but prepare him for a life of mall security, much like the later years of damn near any child actor you can name.

Let's not be too hasty about common sense prevailing. It hasn't yet.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Its interesting in soccer, were nothing like the draft exists, and players are signed by clubs on schoolboy papers as young as 8 or 9 sometimes, you still dont get that many teenagers ever playing in the top leagues. I can't see that any but the m,ost talented players in a few positions, very quick receivers, quick running backs, very talented QBs that kind of thing could really make it as a teenager in the NFL, where physical sizer is such a factor.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I hope the High School players ruin their lives by doing this, unable to play college ball, and Never having a chance in the NFL, othewr HSers and College kids will realize that leaving for the NFL early will ruin you.

I don't forsee a problem like the NBA has, the game of football itself will make sure no one who leaves HS or college early will do well. The owners and lawyers needn't worry

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived