chestnutz redesigns the NFL

chestnutz

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I can finally see what you've posted...

...the Browns. Very interesting idea. Not that I think that would fly with the actual team sets, but a very interesting concept, nonetheless, and definitely original--I think Temple is the only other football team I've seen try anything like this. (I'm willing to bet money that the inspiration came not from them, but from Cleveland's Cavaliers, no?) I'll go ahead and give it a thumbs up, from over here.

As for the Bills...I'm liking what you've attempted on some levels. I see the mash-up of eras going on here...the old-style stripes and base (white dome/blue or white jersey/white pants). The red Bill logo is an interesting idea, as well. That said, like the current wordmark, your current one looks a good bit generic. Try something a little more "striking" with that. Also, though I see your rationale behind the tapered stripes, I think that's trying to do too much with, well, too much. Also, though I did like the red-socked look with the champion-era Bills set, I think that really worked better for that set due to the red helmet. Here, it works okay with the white jersey, but looks out of place with a white helmet, blue jersey, and white pants.

Other than that...pretty nice job. (Although you may wanna look at centering those pants stripes on the style guide temp. they look awkardly off as is now.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ok, wish I could've gotten some more C&C on the Bills, but moving on...

Team #10: The New England Patriots.

Finishing up the AFC East here. I had the idea for the Pats where I utilized stars a lot more. They are technically America's team, as they're named after the country basically. I've always hated the team, but this is one of the concepts I've liked more.

Colors: I darkened the blue a bit more, looks more badass IMO. I might try out a royal blue to see how it looks later on if people want. I also utilized a darker gray a lot more. I remember seeing someone (andrew harrington, I believe) do a Pats concept with a dark gray, and it looks awesome.

Logos: I kept the flying elvis logo, it's a very solid logo and I didn't want to change that. I made a secondary logo, to which I'm sure a bunch of you won't like, but I tried. The wordmark I kept almost the same, but added three stars to the tail.

Logos

Uniforms: So here's where I may have gone a little overboard on the stars, but I actually like them. I'm not sure how I can really explain it anymore, haha. A blue monochrome option for home is also there, and for the away I decided for the primary option to be blue pants, and gray as a second option. Also added a red alternate jersey as a nod to the past.

Home

Away

Alternate

Action: And modeled by Kevin Faulk, Tom Brady, and Richard Seymour.

Action

Well, have at it! Hope to get more comments this time. It's a bit out there, but I'm hoping that's good.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

For the Patriots one, I like the number font. I would like to see what the aways would look like if the numbers were outlines in red.

You said these were out there, and, well, yes they are. While I like the design, I'm not feeling it for an every week jersey, but this would look great as an AFC/NFC uniform for the Pro Bowl.

For the Patriots one, I like the number font. I would like to see what the aways would look like if the numbers were outlines in red.

You said these were out there, and, well, yes they are. While I like the design, I'm not feeling it for an every week jersey, but this would look great as an AFC/NFC uniform for the Pro Bowl.

Ha you took the words right out of my mouth fnz, this would look awesome as Pro Bowl jerseys, but I think they work alright here, I think you shoul add a different color between the stars/stripe thing, like on the gray pants maybe make it white or blue in between the stripe. That would look better IMO, but I think you did some nice work here. Also I really love your Bills concept best one I have seen so far on these boards, and ther have been ALOT. But Keep up the work cant wait to see the Chargers and Falcons.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

A couple of recommendations for the Pats one. Make all of the stars white on a blue background. The blue stars, on white and grey, just don't look as nice.

Truthfully, I'd see about maybe getting rid of the silver too. It seems like you've designed a really nice 3 color set, while trying to work 4 colors in.

I think the set has a lot of potential, but a twerk or two might bring it up a notch.

Good reccomendation on the dropping of the gray, bruschi. I thought a lot about doing that, but I felt it would look a bit too much like the Bills, and gray is kind of their thing. But you're right, I think it would look really good without the gray. I'll try it out and post it later.

EDIT: Here they are

Patriots-logos-12.png

Patriots-homes-12.png

Patriots-aways-12.png

Patriots-alternate-12.png

Patriots-action-12.png

spacer.png

Alright, so I've decided to put all my concepts into one thread, since they seem to come to me at random times and I don't want to clutter up the boards. So here are my past ones....

Minnesota Vikings logos, Uniforms

New Orleans Saints logos, Uniforms

Oakland Raiders logos, Uniforms

Philadelphia Eagles home uniform, Away

New York Jets logos, Uniforms

Alright, so with that out of the way, onto the latest...the Seattle She Hawks. I remember seeing someone (probably bucco) do a recolor of the Seahawks unis, where the helmet and pants were silver, and the jersey was navy, and I LOVED it. So of course, I did that here.

The thing most people will notice is the biggest change, in which I took out the puget blue/seahawk blue/whatever the f*** you wanna call it. I just thought that the dark navy blue and neon green was such a unique and awesome looking combo, that paired with gray it would look much better than some two tone blue.

I love their logo set now and find it hard to improve upon, so the only thing I changed was of course the deletion of the puget for silver, and on the buck nasty alternate logo they never use, I replaced all the puget with neon.

Helmets I brought back silver, with a wraparound primary logo, navy facemask.

Jerseys bring back the original stripes that follow the same pattern of the logo.

The main pants are silver for both home and away, with a blue pant option as well.

So yeah, here we go again.

Seattle-logos-11.png

Seattle-uniforms-11.png

Love the Philly Unis. The white shoulders really pop!

as a non-objective observer (i.e. life long, die-hard Patriots fan) i must say that I do not like those pats unis at all. They're just too over the top. I think the stars just make it overkill. This concept screams "Team USA" as opposed to "New England Patriots", which is what I've always liked about their design, they weren't always like "Look at us, we represent the United States!"

The lack of silver isn't bad, but I'd just have to say keep the striping simple.

TDZiMMB.png

On the Pats, I really like that you took a chance, but I don't think it's quite where it needs to be.

The Pros:

Loss of silver / grey.

Using stars in some capacity.

The Cons:

The navy is too dark, it looks like black.

Too many stars.

The Rams numerals, because of the whole Spy Gate thing.

I think these would be great Pro Bowl uniforms if you made them royal.

alright, thanks for the honest opinions guys. hopefully my next one will actually be liked

Pretty sure I'll be doing the falcons next. I'm having a tough time deciding on whether or not to go with a red helmet and emphasize red more, or keep the black helmet and emphasize black more. THoughts?

spacer.png

Love the Patriots update.

The only thing I'd do is make the jerseys/pants/helmet all have a blue background behind the stars so that it's a bit more consistent.

And I think it would look significantly better.

Just a recommendation though.

Great job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

On this side of the globe where I am, bandwidth acts real funny (read: SLOW), and as such, oftentimes I am unable to see some of what you post (not just you..really anything that requires a link or large photos).

Okay...now that I done got that out the way...

...I've finally managed to get your stuff to show up. Observations...

...Holy stars! This is just me, but for some reason, I don't really see stars working for the Patriots. I know they're on our national flag and all (understand the patriot connection there), but, for some reason, and this may just be me, when I see stars on a uniform, it makes me think of one of two things: some team named the Generals, or some team in Texas. However, having said that, as someone said earlier, I think these things, with some tweaks, would make some hella nice Pro Bowl sets. (Especially since, like the NFL, you've utilized the St. Louis Rams number font here... ^_^ )

...After seeing both versions, I must say i prefer the silver included. The version without the white immediately makes me think Houston Texans upon first glance. (Plus...that'd be ANOTHER white helmet in the AFC East...if this was real, that is.) The silver's been present with the Pats for so long now, I almost feel as if that's an essential piece of their identity. (Of course, those who were football fans in the Pat Patriot days may feel exactly opposite.)

Here's something: did you try out a more "royal-ish" blue? Not quite royal but not quite navy, either? Somewhere in the middle.

All that having been said...it's good that you went out on such a limb like you did. Hell, if nothing else, that idea of yours might work great for another team on another concept somewhere...or maybe some piece of it will. And hey, take it from experience...some of the best ideas happen completely on accident!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived