chestnutz redesigns the NFL

chestnutz

Alright, so I've decided to put all my concepts into one thread, since they seem to come to me at random times and I don't want to clutter up the boards. So here are my past ones....

Minnesota Vikings logos, Uniforms

New Orleans Saints logos, Uniforms

Oakland Raiders logos, Uniforms

Philadelphia Eagles home uniform, Away

New York Jets logos, Uniforms

Alright, so with that out of the way, onto the latest...the Seattle She Hawks. I remember seeing someone (probably bucco) do a recolor of the Seahawks unis, where the helmet and pants were silver, and the jersey was navy, and I LOVED it. So of course, I did that here.

The thing most people will notice is the biggest change, in which I took out the puget blue/seahawk blue/whatever the f*** you wanna call it. I just thought that the dark navy blue and neon green was such a unique and awesome looking combo, that paired with gray it would look much better than some two tone blue.

I love their logo set now and find it hard to improve upon, so the only thing I changed was of course the deletion of the puget for silver, and on the buck nasty alternate logo they never use, I replaced all the puget with neon.

Helmets I brought back silver, with a wraparound primary logo, navy facemask.

Jerseys bring back the original stripes that follow the same pattern of the logo.

The main pants are silver for both home and away, with a blue pant option as well.

So yeah, here we go again.

Seattle-logos-11.png

Seattle-uniforms-11.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this looks really good. I love the addition of Silver, looks alot better than ther pale blue color, you should do a electric green alt. and/or silver! Keep up the good work can't wait to see more

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I like how you made the green a primary logo color, but kept its use to a minimum. Its a nice update on the classic colors.

My only complaints are the loss of "Seahawk Blue". THe biggest appeal to that was that it was completely unique, navy blue is everywhere in the league. The only other thing is the use of Texans numbers. I'd say stick with a classic block, or maybe something else that you can find that fits the style.

TDZiMMB.png

As stated before, I like the new use of the green as well as the addition of silver. I really liked the double blue at first, but now it just looks too dark.

Also, nothing against you, but that alt logo is just too detailed for use on unis and such. I'd prefer an iconic logo with an "S" and maybe the Space Needle or something like that.

Alright, so I've decided to put all my concepts into one thread, since they seem to come to me at random times and I don't want to clutter up the boards. So here are my past ones....

Minnesota Vikings logos, Uniforms

New Orleans Saints logos, Uniforms

Oakland Raiders logos, Uniforms

Philadelphia Eagles home uniform, Away

New York Jets logos, Uniforms

Alright, so with that out of the way, onto the latest...the Seattle She Hawks. I remember seeing someone (probably bucco) do a recolor of the Seahawks unis, where the helmet and pants were silver, and the jersey was navy, and I LOVED it. So of course, I did that here.

The thing most people will notice is the biggest change, in which I took out the puget blue/seahawk blue/whatever the f*** you wanna call it. I just thought that the dark navy blue and neon green was such a unique and awesome looking combo, that paired with gray it would look much better than some two tone blue.

I love their logo set now and find it hard to improve upon, so the only thing I changed was of course the deletion of the puget for silver, and on the buck nasty alternate logo they never use, I replaced all the puget with neon.

Helmets I brought back silver, with a wraparound primary logo, navy facemask.

Jerseys bring back the original stripes that follow the same pattern of the logo.

The main pants are silver for both home and away, with a blue pant option as well.

So yeah, here we go again.

Seattle-logos-11.png

Seattle-uniforms-11.png

I like the seahawks concept. It brings back a little bit from the past with the new. Silver helmets work real well. I really enjoy your concepts. Both the Jets and Seahawks look really good. I just looked at the Saints concept and I the white helmet is awesome. The Saints really should take that into consideration.

brandonjbrown

reds.png

brandon11.png1975Reds.png

Well, you win major points for me for a silver helmet - I won't ever be able to understand why the Hawks dropped all of their years of tradition to follow a website fan poll and put a blue logo on a blue helmet. Looks terrible.

I also like the second set a lot, because it uses the lighter shade of blue. I think that the light blue meshes with the green a lot, whereas the dark blue makes the green stand out a lot more, and be more noticeable. Noticeable isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I've never been a fan of the bright neon green, so dulling it a bit is always a plus.

Great concept, overall. I agree with the poster above me that a logo on the sleeves instead of a stripe might be a welcome addition.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Team numero 7: The Miami Dolphins

The fish have one of the best sets in the NFL IMO. They just don't do it properly. I was reading some threads about them over on the sports logos section, and the general consensus is that people don't like that Miami always wears white on white at home. Yes, it's a pretty awesome uniform, but every week? We want aqua!

Colors: The only thing I changed was I darkened the navy a good amount. I also used it more prolifically throughout the uniforms. Always been a fan of it I guess.

Logos: I updated the current primary dolphin logo a little bit. I got rid of the white accents on the dolphin, made a stroke on the helmet "M," and changed the helmet a little bit. The original can be seen here.

I made a secondary out of the script, and threw the sun in there to go with it. You'll see throughout this concept I utilize the sun motif a lot.

Also made a variation on the primary, with a smaller sun in the background.

Uniforms: The fish have a pretty plain jersey right now, with drop shadow numbers and all. I decided to keep the drop shadow, because I felt it was the best way to utilize their three-color scheme (aqua, orange, navy). Kept the white helmet and white pants as the primary option for all jerseys.

The big change here is, like I told you before, the sun motif. I added the sun-rays from the primary logo into the striping pattern on the helmet, jersey, and pants. It's different yes, but I kind of like them.

I also added an orange alternate, which many Dolphin fans seem to like, and a navy alternate jersey.

Well, here it is.

Miami-logos-11.png

Miami-uniforms-11.png

Miami-alt-uniforms-11.png

I'll probably do the Browns next, I have an idea for them. I'll also try to use bucco's new action templates to further the presentation. Cheers! (god, I'm becoming british)

spacer.png

I think the idea for the Dolphins is just great. I'm not sure how sold I am on the execution, however. The striping seems more gimmicky and minor league, although I really like the D Logo. I'd also just kind of say, regarding the color situation, you tried to add all 3 in fairly evenly, and a lot of times, it ends up with there being a lot going on. If you want to try to integrate navy more, maybe scale back on the orange, using it to accent and make the darker colors pop.

Bout dem Dolphins duds there...

...I'm getting a serious California Sun vibe off these here.

While I don't necessarily think the NFL is ready for striping details such as you've done here, I can appreciate your creativity and, let's be frank here, bravery, in at least developing that idea all the way out. That said, I think it'd look great if left to the sleeves alone; I think the motif on the pants is a bit overkill in current guise.

As for the numbers...for some reason, IMO, the current machine block numerals the Fins use just works for them...I can't imagine them going backwards, back to standard block. (But, remember who's saying this though--this is just me.) And, while I suppose the shadow effect works a bit better with the Machine block numbers, probably due to the form of the numbers themselves, in my eyes, the shadow effect doesn't really mesh with the rest of your design here. Other than that...I really can't come up with much else at this juncture...but, I will say that this reminds me a lot of my America West Airlines football concept (which, in turn, reminded many viewers of the Miami Dolphins)...so you win points for that there. B)

(Off-hand note: I don't know how you long you've been doing this, but I noticed you've double-stacked your pants in your displays...that's actually a pretty good idea!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Heh, I figured I'd save virtual paper by double stacking :D

Thank you all for your critiques, I'll certainly see what I can do.

I'm almost done with the Browns set, should be up by tonight. Not sure how many people will like them, they'll be traditional, but that also means something nobody (to my knowledge) has done anything like it before.

spacer.png

The Dolphins concept looks pretty good except the sunburst striping. It looks okay on the sleeves but it's got to go on the pants. And kudos for including a navy alternate(which I've always though is vastly superior to the orange). Also one minor detail I think the dolphins itself needs the white highlights, it's always had them. Also the dolphin alternate would be better without the partial sunburst IMO. Overall though pretty nice looking.

On a semi-off topic note the white mono has got to go. I was at the game this past Sunday and it's just so disappointing to see them in all white every week. The "force the other team to wear dark colors" crap doesn't work all that well(as the past 7 years have proven that), and although this year they have been better it has nothing to do with what color they are wearing. Put some aqua on Fins!

Archived