chestnutz redesigns the NFL

chestnutz

You've done good work, but this Pats set is not your strongest offering. The overall look is too dated. It looks like an all-star uniform from the sixties. I don't care for changing between white and blue stars, especially since you don't have to. The star wrapping around the helmet is problematic because of how the star displays. Color wise, you could get away with a darker blue if you had kept silver. Otherwise, I would switch to something closer to royal blue for purposes of traditional patriotic themes.

I believe you would have better results by minimizing the stars emphasis and bring a more modern flare to the look you are using.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Team numero 7: The Miami Dolphins

Miami-logos-11.png

Miami-uniforms-11.png

Miami-alt-uniforms-11.png

I'm digging this. My only gripe is that the sun rays look more like a Southwest triangle pattern than the rays on the logo. Go with a valley instead of a mountain, if you get my drift. I know you updated this set, but it didn't fix the primary problem of the rays. I think if you're not going to do the original striping on the pants, do the "Sunny D" logo on the hip in lieu of the bland stripes.

cttdolphins2.png

Alright, team #11: The Atlanta Falcons

With this, I decided to emphasize black a little bit more. Since the 90's they've done that, and I decided not to mess with what they got goin' on. Also debuting my new concept template.

Logos: I've always thought the update they made to their classic logo in 2003 was too detailed. So I took away the unnecessary details in the logo, and overall I believe the simplicity makes it look a lot better. I developed a new wordmark based on the logo, and those little motion triangles in it.

Atlanta-logos-11.png

Uniforms: Just as I did with the logo, I went back to a simple state for the ATL. I looked at their uniforms of the 70s, which had a simple 2 color sleeve striping, and brought it back. As I said before, I opted to utilize black more, and decided to make the primary option a black jersey using the classic striping. The helmet remains unchanged with no stripes.

Atlanta-homes-11.png

Atlanta-aways-11.png

Atlanta-alts-11.png

Atlanta-action-11.png

So let's get some C&C, hopefully they're a bit more positive this time!

Next: Not sure. Maybe Rams

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Well, I like that you took out the silver, and for a simplified, old school concept, I like it a lot.As you have seen from my series, I personally wouldn't go that route, but since you did, this is the way to do it. My only real critique is the wordmark. I don't think it fits in with the rest of the package. It's too thin and angular. Maybe something in a stylized block would be better.

With a red helmet, it would like 10 times better, just too much black on the helmet, and you also should make red the home jersey IMO.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I like it, I will say that I think the black helmet is crucial, and it needs to be kept. The simplified logo looks really nice, although it would look fine unsimplified, too. Another thing I like is the option to have the red jersey with the black pants. They can't do that currently because the piping wouldn't match up. But I think this is a good example of how simplicity works. Also, the blackout look works here, I think they currently have one of the better all-black looks in the league and this would be nice, too.

The one thing I would change is switch the red and white stripes when they are on black background. Look at the Texans blue pants: When you have red-white-red it doesn't show up as well.

Ok so I like what your doing with this series, If you don't mind, I'll give you a little feedback on all 11 so far.

The Vikings look great! The alternate logos are beautiful! The uniforms are great too. The onky thing that I would suggest is to make the yellow a little light. Right now it doesn't really look that good. And I'd probably ditch the yellow alternate. B

The Saints are my personal favorite. Again the new logos are amazing! I like the new striping you put. To me right now, the Saints have the most boring uniforms in the NFL. There isn't any striping at all, it looks more like a high school unifomr than a NFL logo. And the most annoying thing about the Saints current set is that non of the golds match!! I can't even watch them on TV because the golds not matching drives me crazy. So dadding striping and using the same gold througout the uniform is a huge plus! The only bad thing is that havong two different helmets doesn't really work for me. Great Job thou. A

The Raiders are ok. I'm not a big fan of the style. But yet again the new alternate logo are beautiful! You should really send some of your alternate logos to the teams! The uniforms don't really do it for me. They look too much like the Panthers. The Raiders are a hard team to "modernize" though. This is one of the best attempts I've seen. C+

The Eagles are really good. I love the return to the old days. I don't really like the black alternate though. I think if you ditch the black alt you have a great concept. B+

The Jets logos are beautiful (as all your logos)! But I think it may be a little too detailed for an NFL logo. The uniforms are great! I love the little jet looking stripes! A great idea and great execution! A-

The Seahawks are great to! I like that you went back to the 90's feel for these. I loved the Seahwks old unifroms! B+

The Dolphins new update is great! The D logo with the sun around it is my favorite of your logos! Seriously send these to the teams! I love the continuity of the unifomrs and how everything matches. Great Great job! A

The Browns are pretty good. I'm not sure about the checkers. I think that the browns current sets are really good, except the striping doesn't really match. The checkers are a great idea, but I'm not sure if the Browns are the right team for it. B-

The Bills, a good idea with the sleeve striping, but the execution is a little off. I think if you even out the sleeve stripes you have a great uniform. I like the return to the white helmet. B

The Patriots are the only ones that I don't like. IMO it screams Team USA! And although theya re named the patriots, they've never tried to be team USA. I like the star idea, but there's just too much. C

The Falcons I really like. I love the old school feel to them. But the balck logo on the balck helmet really bugs me. Thats one thing I've never like about the Falcons. It just looks plain to me. I think that a red helmet would look really good with the style of uniform you went with. I agree with Bohob about the wordmark, its too angular. Make it starighter and it'll work much better. Overall I really like the Falcons. Great Job! A-

jNTsTyQ.png

Thank you all once again for the feedback, I always love hearing what ya'll gotta say.

Here's some Atlanta updates...

-Focused on red more with this update, taking some critiques and making the helmets red. Because of that, red was used much more prominently throughout, with red pants and red numbers now

-Primary jersey is now red

-Took elliot's advice and switched the striping colors on black background (now goes black-white-red-white-black)

Atlanta-homes-12.png

Atlanta-aways-12.png

Atlanta-alts-12.png

Atlanta-action-12.png

Suggestions for next team are always welcome, as well as what exactly to do with them.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Thank you all once again for the feedback, I always love hearing what ya'll gotta say.

Here's some Atlanta updates...

-Focused on red more with this update, taking some critiques and making the helmets red. Because of that, red was used much more prominently throughout, with red pants and red numbers now

-Primary jersey is now red

-Took elliot's advice and switched the striping colors on black background (now goes black-white-red-white-black)

Atlanta-homes-12.png

Atlanta-aways-12.png

Atlanta-alts-12.png

Atlanta-action-12.png

Suggestions for next team are always welcome, as well as what exactly to do with them.

I love the new updates, looks great IMO, I would love to see what you can do with the Chargers ( Iknow I have said that before but you asked for suggetions). I think with them you should really incorperate the lighting bolt in a new way, I mean we always see the same stuff with them, bolts on the shoulders, or the pants, if you could find a new way to incoperate that in the concept (something outside the box) I think it would look great. If you do decide to do them I would ask you use the Powder Blue as home. But this is just a suggestion.

Man, that Atl concept is sick.

Get some stripes on that helmet, and it's money.

Great job on all of these so far, Atlanta's my fav.

Also, Matt Ryan's first initial is M not A. :P

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

only one thing i dont like about the falcons, you need to space out the sleeve stripes, so make it go (on white uniform) black white red white black, other than that great work and i love the red helmet

I disagree, we see that design way to much, the stripes put together works well, but like LEWJ said I think helmet stripes would work really well, maybe a black/white/black stripe on the helmet to match the red unis, I think that would make this one if not the best falcon concept I've seen.

only one thing i dont like about the falcons, you need to space out the sleeve stripes, so make it go (on white uniform) black white red white black, other than that great work and i love the red helmet

I disagree, we see that design way to much, the stripes put together works well, but like LEWJ said I think helmet stripes would work really well, maybe a black/white/black stripe on the helmet to match the red unis, I think that would make this one if not the best falcon concept I've seen.

Exactly what I had in mind.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Before I get to the Falcons, some others. The Patriots kind of remind me a little of the Columbus Blue Jackets uniforms. Also with all of the stars it would look better as a Pro Bowl uniform, but not bad overall. I liked the Dolphins look overall. And finally I'm glad you did a second set for the Falcons. Although the all black was nice, the red helmet with the black uni's looks better IMO. Don't get me wrong I liked the all black, I see that every week here with the UC Bearcats, but in this set the red helmet looks better. Looking foreward to what's next.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Man, that Atl concept is sick.

Get some stripes on that helmet, and it's money.

Great job on all of these so far, Atlanta's my fav.

Also, Matt Ryan's first initial is M not A. :P

you forgot to add that #36 for the Falcons is L. Milloy, NOT R. Harrison

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived