Stupidest Trade In Bruins History!

Brass

Ok, I'm a Bruins fan and think that they just let the stupidest trade EVER go through. They traded Jeff Jillson, a defensemen who has loads of potential, for Brad Boyes. WTF??? Why the hell did they do this. This is the worst trade I've seen since the Whalers traded Ron Francis to the Penguins. I figured since they need goal scorers, they obviously wouldn't go after one at the deadline, but this sucks. Just another thing that shows that Bruins are nipping the tails of the Blackhawks as cheapest team in the NHL.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Yeah but they need GOAL-SCORERS!!! After they got Gonchar and Nylander, they thought they were done. BUZZ!!! WRONG there not done! If they can get at least 2 decent goal scorers, ONLY THEN could they be cup contenders. (Damn! I'm rambunctious during the deadline. :P )

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

At least your team is trying to get better...

Hello! Someone wake up Don Waddell.... The Thrashers are doing NOTHING! The damn Rangers GIVE AWAY several defencemen, and we sit here with a thumb up our ass, doing nothing to get ready for the cup run next year.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

At least your team is trying to get better...

Hello! Someone wake up Don Waddell.... the damn Rangers GIVE AWAY several defencemen, and we sit here with a thumb up our ass, doing nothing to get ready for the cup run next year.

If oyu mean the Rangers, I don't think they'll be ready for a Cup run in the near future...next year is wishfull thinking with the team they have after today

He meant the Thrashers, actually. Though I don't really see any great moves they could have made, except maybe entering the battle to get Gonchar, but the Caps wouldn't have traded him to a division rival.

Sorry for the confusion... i edited my post to clear up who I meant.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I don't think it's a bad trade. Boyes played for the Cleveland Barons this year. His stats: 61GP, 25 G, 35 A. Jillson had 10 points and a plus/minus of -1. So he neither hurt nor helped the team much this year. A very neutral player. I didn't even know he was on the team half the time. The Bruins obviously aren't worried, knowing that this three-team deal would put him back on a division rival with Buffalo. Anytime you can get more offense, I'd go for it. They have enough defensive help, it's mostly the goalies and not the D being the reasons the Bruins have lost the games they have lately. Most of those games are either shutouts or 2-1 games.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, they've been strangely silent, I would have thought that they would amke a move to turn their furtunes around and try for the playoffs, they are 9 points out, if they want tog et hot and back int he race they don't have much time to do it in and a trade today would have changed the mood of the Thrashers

Ok, I'm a Bruins fan and think that they just let the stupidest trade EVER go through. They traded Jeff Jillson, a defensemen who has loads of potential, for Brad Boyes. WTF??? Why the hell did they do this. This is the worst trade I've seen since the Whalers traded Ron Francis to the Penguins. I figured since they need goal scorers, they obviously wouldn't go after one at the deadline, but this sucks. Just another thing that shows that Bruins are nipping the tails of the Blackhawks as cheapest team in the NHL.

No, the stupidest trade in the world was Dave Babych to hartford for Ray Neufeld. There's obviously a historical precedent you werent' aware of, it's okay, you'll come around...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Funny, I was about to say this was a horrible trade by the Sharks... Brad Boyes is a great prospect, be happy you have him.

That trade doesn't make sense. Sharks fans were expecting someone with more of a goal scoring prescence. I've always said Todd Marchant or (before the trade to Nashville) Steve Sullivan could take off the pressure of Patrick Marleau and Marco Sturm (when he isn't injured). Although, it was rumored that another 3-way deal with Carolina and New Jersey with San Jose would take place:

Carolina Gets:

2004 2nd Round Pick (from San Jose)

New Jersey Gets:

Rob Brind'amour

San Jose Gets:

Jeff Friesen

Most likely a dream made up by a crazy Sharks fan, but not far fetched.

Boyes got one game in for the Sharks, unfairly I think. Boston you have an up and comer.

Which means the Nolan trade comes out like this:

Toronto got: Owen Nolan

San Jose got: Alyn McCauley, 2003 1st rounder (Milan Michalek), Curtis Brown. If Michalek looks like he can be a star, it still looks good.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Unless one of these prospects REALLY pan out, how can it really be the "Stupidest Trade In Bruins History"?

Interesting fact: The Winnipeg Jets lost a shot at getting Wayne Gretzky over a game of backgammon.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Well, it's not quite as I remember it, but here it is anyway... an interesting story.

From the Jets' 1993-1994 yearbook (pp. 62-63, for those keeping score at home). Barry Shenkarow (former Jets owner) narrates most of the story:

"...The Edmonton Oilers cut themselves a better deal, however.

Thanks in no small way to a bet that was turned down one evening in Indianapolis, Ind.

?It was before expansion, early in 1978, Indianapolis was going to fold and Wayne Gretzky was going to become available,? Shenkarow recalled. ?(Edmonton owner) Peter Pocklington had made an offer but Nepson Skalbania, who owned the Racers called us and asked if we wanted Gretzky. Well, we didn?t know a whole lot about hockey at the time. We didn?t know if Gretzky was any good or not.

He was a 16-1/2-year-old kid playing in Indianapolis. We had no scouts, our general manager at the time was Rudy Pilous and he wasn?t high on Wayne but we were in the midst of negotiations with John Ferguson to take over as GM and I said ?Fergie should we be interested in Wayne Getzky??

?Well, Fergiejust yelled, ?Get him! Don?t hesitate, just get him!? and so Michael and I got on a plane and went to Indianapolis. Skalbania met us and told us he wanted half million dollars cash.

Well, we didn?t know if we wanted to commit another half million dollars, we didn?t know if we were going to get into the NHL and we were already into the hockey business for more than a million dollars at that time. Our original $5,000 investment in the team had grown to $125,000 in one year.

"So we offered Nelson a 1/8th interest in our franchise and $250,000 if he?d bring Gretzky to Winnipeg. We figured, heck, it?s better to give him an eighth of something we weren?t sure is worth anything than to just shell out all the money.

?So Nelson turned to me and he said, ?No. Barry, but I?ll tell you what I?ll do. I?ll play you a game of backgammon. If I win, I get the Winnipeg Jets franchise. If you win, you get Gretzky.?

?Well, I wasn?t going to do that. And it?s funny. Later that day Nelson and I played I0 games of backgammon and won nine of them. But I lost the first one. I?m glad I didn?t take the bet.?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Imagine if the Jets landed Gretzky, the Jets win 5 Cups in 7 years, before economics force them to trade off playes as the Oilers move to Houson, and become the Houston Oilers Hockey Team.

While the Jets open a brand new arena called the jewel of Candian NHL arenas as signs of a strong contnder begn to form at the start of the 2003/04 season.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived