United Football League

Mac the Knife

If this kind of focus is applied to actual, on-field football, these guys might just survive beyond a year.

Link

Well, they might if their business plan didn't flat out say, "Let's ignore history and directly challenge the NFL."

If this kind of focus is applied to actual, on-field football, these guys might just survive beyond a year.

Link

Well, they might if their business plan didn't flat out say, "Let's ignore history and directly challenge the NFL."

Actually, based on parsing through the claims of one of their nutbar supporters on the AFL boards, I am now convinced this is the second coming of the World Football League. Oh the hilarity.

Link

Actually, based on parsing through the claims of one of their nutbar supporters on the AFL boards, I am now convinced this is the second coming of the World Football League. Oh the hilarity.

Hey, if it brings back magenta jerseys, I'm all for it. Now, bring on the Shreveport Steamer!

Looks can be deceiving. In terms of where they are organizationally, I'd say the UFL is light years ahead of any other potential league looking to debut in the next 1-3 years.

So you're saying none of the leagues will succeed. Right?

Looks can be deceiving. In terms of where they are organizationally, I'd say the UFL is light years ahead of any other potential league looking to debut in the next 1-3 years.

So you're saying none of the leagues will succeed. Right?

Put it this way - if I had $10 to bet on any of their survival, I'd keep it in my pocket.

Archived