NFL Playoffs

Cujo

You have got to be :censored:-ing kidding. Way to go Cards! We're half way home. Now The Ravens need to finish the job.

And now another from the "things you never thought you would say or write department" (especially from a Browns fan)

GO RAVENS!

This AFC Championship game must be torture for you.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So this means that we can give out Lombardi about 10 tonight, right? I'd set the winners as 25-point favorites.

Congrats, Cardinals fans... you've just proven your team the 17th best in football (but best in the NFC).

The AFC rep SHOULD be favored, but neither the Steelers nor Ravens would be able to score 25 points in The Big Game. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If I told you back in February that the Rays would be in the World Series and the Cardinals would be in the Super Bowl, how many of you would believe me?

Believe would have had nothing to do with it. I would have been asking you to hook me up with some of the drugs you were doing. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

So this means that we can give out Lombardi about 10 tonight, right? I'd set the winners as 25-point favorites.

Congrats, Cardinals fans... you've just proven your team the 17th best in football (but best in the NFC).

Will, the NFC overall was better than the AFC this year.
In the NFC, teams that were 9-6-1 made the playoffs (as a wild card). In the AFC, teams that were 11-5 missed the playoffs.

LvZYtbZ.png

You have got to be :censored:-ing kidding. Way to go Cards! We're half way home. Now The Ravens need to finish the job.

And now another from the "things you never thought you would say or write department" (especially from a Browns fan)

GO RAVENS!

This AFC Championship game must be torture for you.

Nah. I just don't care that much anymore. I just enjoy the games.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

If I told you back in February that the Rays would be in the World Series and the Cardinals would be in the Super Bowl, how many of you would believe me?

We would have had you committed.

So who's winning the Stanley Cup this year?... Edmonton?? ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

Chicago

So what's the over/under on how many production assistants ESPN has working on figuring out who the :censored: the Arizona Cardinals are? They must be :censored:-ting themselves right about now. NBC too.

Mark Schlereth, I believe, was the ONLY one at ESPN who picked the Cards to win. That's why he's my favorite.

With that said...wow. Congrats to all the Cardinals fans. They are now officially off of the list of "The last teams I expect to win ANYTHING."

Get ready its coming

This tells you all you need to know about the Cardinals.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/

Its summary 89 years of NFL history

25 winning seasons

14 of those 3 games or better or .500

2 winning seasons since moving to Arizona in 1988

5 winnings seasons since the 16-game schedule began never winning more then 9 games

That's right even this year the Arizona Cardinals have never ever won 10 games during a 16 game regular season, only the Texans can also say that.

Add to that Countless 10 loss seasons

Coming into this postseason the Cardinals had won two playoff games, and hosted just one and that game was in 1947.

Their 1925 NFL Championship is disputed and should go to the Pottsville Maroons.

The Cardinals have played in three markets over their history and have probably the smallest fan base, because of that and their terrible history as proven in games when they host the Cowboys, when it turns into a Dallas home game.

All I have to say is everybody duck.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Chicago

The Blackhawks are on the rise, so that will only be a surprise in that it happens so fast. This is the equivalent of the Clippers in the NBA Finals. Because only the Clippers have such a consistent history of losing.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Usually the Super Bowl is AFC vs. NFC. Not this year. This year it's AFC vs. AFC.

American Football Conference vs. Arizona F :censored: in' Cardinals.

Savor every moment of these next two weeks, Cards fans.

CCSLC signature.png

Will, the NFC overall was better than the AFC this year.
In the NFC, teams that were 9-6-1 made the playoffs (as a wild card). In the AFC, teams that were 11-5 missed the playoffs.

Said 11-5 team also had the two worst divisions in the league on its schedule. That might have had something to do with it.

The Cardinals owner is staring at the trophy like he is thinking "What the hell is this?"

"Oh my God, Hardware! We've never had hardware! What do we do with this? Do we even have a trophy case? We need to get a trophy case!"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Chicago

The Blackhawks are on the rise, so that will only be a surprise in that it happens so fast. This is the equivalent of the Clippers in the NBA Finals. Because only the Clippers have such a consistent history of losing.

I said Chicago because they are the team with the longest Cup drought in the NHL. There really isn't an NHL team with a long history of losing like the Cubs or Cardinals in the NHL.

I guess you could make an argument for Phoenix since they haven't won a playoff series since 1987 when they were in Winnipeg.

Chicago

Hell, I was shocked when the Clippers just made the playoffs that one year. (And the Lakers didn't. LMAO @ that.) If the Clippers ever reach the finals AND WIN, that's it. I'm getting in my bunker and getting ready for the BIG one.

Archived