Cleveland Indians Logo

Bmac

I'm personally not a fan of it. It's a fine work of art and I can tell your talented. But, it's just not there yet. I think if your goal is to make it look less "childish" you need to take away the smile. Make it seem kinda fierce(I know you guys don't like every logo like this, but I think in this case it works for what you are attempting to do.) As I said, it is a great logo, but not better than their current.

He doesn't look happy. He doesn't look fierce or pissed off. He just looks like he's trying to figure out what the hell is going on while showing one of those awkward smiles someone gets when they're caught off guard and are trying to figure out an answer.

Yeah, he looks like he's giggling after just having silently farted in a crowd. Best advice here would be to start with what emotion/expression you want, and go from there. Making him appear angry would probably be the best way to ago. To achieve that expression, I would advise adding eyebrows and changing his mouth to something other than a smile.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Thank you all for the feedback. I agree with all of you for the most part. I have tried some different looks but I'm still not sure it is right. what do you think?

cle02.png

cle02.png

cle04.png

This one is even better I think. ?

cle05.png

All right here is the best i have so far. The eyes are centered which I think really helps. What do you think?

cle06.png

Now it looks like a step-by-step process of him acknowledging a funky smell in the room.

I know this isn't helpful, but this series of faces is begging to be captioned.

EDIT: To be more helpful, I think you are barking up the wrong tree with this logo. Everyone knows it looks cartoonish and silly, but that's part of the charm. If the Indians were going to consider a change to their logo, I think they would opt for something altogether less offensive. Making the Indian appear more angry wouldn't fit the bill.

I applaud your effort though. Trying to update/upgrade a well-known icon isn't easy.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

I feel like the p.c. worries of the Indians logo are actually getting into diminishing returns territory. It's seems like we're getting to "yeah, yeah, we get it already" and all that. If change was going to be effected, it would've by now, right? It's that big stupid cartoon face from Major League to more people than it is a demeaning stereotype.

The "who farted" sequence of Wahoo faces is perfect for a signature. Bookmark this thread for the Tribe's first losing streak of 2009.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived