Bettman's Term

Notch Novelty

When the hell is Gary (I wanna turn NHL into NBA in everyway possible) Bettman's term as Commish gunna be up? They need a former hockey player in there.

Because non-players of the sport just can't run a sports league... just look at that Tagliabue character... he's driven the NFL into the ground. :P Just messin' with 'ya, 'sap.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Bettman has to go and they need a hockey guy in there Dryden would be a good choice, better then Gretzky I feel. Dryden has shown he is a good executive in Toronto while Gretzky has not proven any thing yet.

However if I could chose anyone to take the job it will be Lou Lamorello of the Devils.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'd rather see some one like an Lamorello or Dryden in the Commish seat. These guys have much more experience in the buisness side of hockey and have a deeper understanding of what would be good for the league.

Gretzky isn't far enough removed from being a player, I don't think he has the experience or know-how at this stage to do whats best for the league right now

I don't want to see Lou as the commish because I don't want to lose him as Devils Gm. ^_^

Seroiously, I think Lamorello would be good as commissioner. He has built a championship team from nothing, he knows hockey (something the current one doesn't know), and he has the reutation has a hard negotiator, which is key when dealing with the players. He won't back down, and hockey will be fixed.

Yeah before Lamorello the Devisl were teh worst franchise in hockey they were still on the same losing track they were in when they played in KC and Colorado.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hope that Carpetbagger Commissioner steps down soon. Let a Canadian be the next NHL commissioner!!!! Kim Campbell, Perhaps???

Campbell would be Carpetbagger II. And don't we want someone to market the game? She's probably the worst marketer in the history of Canadian politics (To the ones outside the loop: She paid for ads making fun of Jean Chretien's disability, and the PC's collapsed.) Bettman is incredibly pompous, and she is too. And she thought following Mulroney was hard... ("Kim, Kim, you're just like him" redux?)

She paid for ads making fun of Jean Chretien's disability

the lowest blow in the history of politics. a close 2nd is bush using 9/11 in his re-election ads.

as for the nhl, dryden would be the best choice. i would want gretzky in 5 years, though.

what was bettman thinking, moving the jets out of winnipeg :cry::therock:?!?!

Guest Ricky Ricardo

why not have Scottie Bowman do it? sure he's old and a former coach, but i think he would be a good choice as the comish.

why not have Scottie Bowman do it? sure he's old and a former coach, but i think he would be a good choice as the comish.

that is an interesting idea...Scotty would be an interesting choice for the job...ut he vowed not to get involved with hockey for the foreseeable future after his retirement...but hmmmmm, it does start the thinking hat ....

Archived