The NHL as I see it

crashcarson15

Alright, after buying a Tampa Bay Lightning Jersey, I was inspired to "fix" the NHL's jerseys into what I think they should look like. In my NHL, all teams will have a third jersey and teams will wear dark at home.

Buffalo Sabres Home Road Alternate

Columbus Blue Jackets Home Road Alternate

Detroit Red Wings Home Road Alternate

C&C Please

6fQjS3M.png

I really like this concept. It's great you used a more "retro-style" for their set. The only suggestion I'd make is to change the font on the Alt to a more classy one. However, this is a great concept.

These look good... the only issue I have is the blue & yellow yoke is missing from the white jersey.... No Sabres roadies will ever look right without it... Other than that, good job. Oh, one more thing, the shoulder logos... they all need the round shoulder logos.

canada.png

Buffalo Sabres Upadate Number One:

I added shoulder logos, changed the number font on the alternate, added the yoke to the roads, and changed the piping on the roads to match the yoke. Enjoy what is left of this.

Columbus Blue Jackets Part 1:

For Part 1, I made a simple change to the home and away jerseys for my team (which I think are almost flawless), made the pants/shorts (whatever you call them) navy instead of red. For the alternate I will resort back to my concept with the stars galore. Enjoy above.

C&C Please.

6fQjS3M.png

These didn't address the biggest problem with the Sabres current third, and that is the clash between the traditional lace-up neck and horizontal striping, and the contemporary "piping to nowhere".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the basic idea of this Blue Jackets concept. It's actually quite nice, and I like the use of the secondary logo on the chest. But get that ghastly CBJ off the shoulders! I'm sorry, but that's just an awful logo. But thus far, you see the NHL much as I do, especially on the Sabres.

scotland_fifasig.png

I'm guessing that the way you see the NHL they only have sleeve numbers and shoulder logos on the front half of the jersey. Also, I think you overused the stars in the striping, especially with that logo. The logo contains 2 stars and you used at least 25. In my opinion that brings down the concept that is otherwise pretty decent. Sometimes less is more, and I think that with using the stars.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I'm guessing that the way you see the NHL they only have sleeve numbers and shoulder logos on the front half of the jersey.

That made me laugh for some reason.

Your Sabres concept and your Blue Jackets alternate both seem terribly overdone, I wouldn't mind seeing something new. Also, having the alternate as the same color as the home is stupid, you did that with the Jackets and sorta with the Sabres. The Sabres alternate you made really is pointless, I think. Same exact stiping...meh.

I like what you have going for the blue jackets, but try to incorperate red in there maby just a little more. I like your buffalo concept without the alternate jersey, I hate teams whos alternate jersey is the same color as their home. The bright blue just dosnt do it for me, i would love a yellow jersey or something other that that blinding blue, i know its kind of a throwback but now is now.

I'm guessing that the way you see the NHL they only have sleeve numbers and shoulder logos on the front half of the jersey.

That made me laugh for some reason.

Your Sabres concept and your Blue Jackets alternate both seem terribly overdone, I wouldn't mind seeing something new. Also, having the alternate as the same color as the home is stupid, you did that with the Jackets and sorta with the Sabres. The Sabres alternate you made really is pointless, I think. Same exact stiping...meh.

Sorry about that. I saved it after putting on the front, and thought I had saved it, uploaded it to Photobucket, and the rest went from there. I know I've heard that the Blue Jackets shouldn't have a red jersey, so I made a blue one which people have said to do. I do want the NHL to have third jerseys for every team, so what do you guys think I should do here?

Also for the Red Wings, their jerseys are very good, I just have one gripe, the "A" or "C" on the right chest of the player instead of the left, so I changed that on the home and the away, and the Winter Classic Jersey already did that. For the Wings, the Winter Classic jersey is the alternate.

I'm just gonna link the Wings, since these aren't really concepts. Home Road Third (I didn't do anything here)

Once again, I'm looking for ideas to make my Blue Jackets and Sabres thirds better.

6fQjS3M.png

Well, I don't see anything wrong with the Blue Jackets having a red alternate, as long as the pants aren't red. The GT Yellow Jackets have a blue jersey, just an example on why this isn't a taboo. I would suggest moving on from the Blue Jackets now, because you have done concepts for them in the past and you might as well do something new instead of getting hung up on an alternate concept for them. They don't really need an alternate.

For the Sabres, why not try something completely different? Most of your concepts are recolors of Edge templates, I have noticed, but when you did a Blue Jackets concept a while back of a completely new template, I think you know the concept I am talking about, it was your best one to date, I think. So try something new.

And I happen to disagree with jake22 about yellow jerseys, don't do that, NHL jerseys should not be yellow. See, Bruins old alternate.

Well, I don't see anything wrong with the Blue Jackets having a red alternate, as long as the pants aren't red. The GT Yellow Jackets have a blue jersey, just an example on why this isn't a taboo. I would suggest moving on from the Blue Jackets now, because you have done concepts for them in the past and you might as well do something new instead of getting hung up on an alternate concept for them. They don't really need an alternate.

For the Sabres, why not try something completely different? Most of your concepts are recolors of Edge templates, I have noticed, but when you did a Blue Jackets concept a while back of a completely new template, I think you know the concept I am talking about, it was your best one to date, I think. So try something new.

And I happen to disagree with jake22 about yellow jerseys, don't do that, NHL jerseys should not be yellow. See, Bruins old alternate.

I agree with you there. I guess now that I think about it all teams don't need alternates. Is there any specific team you think I should start with?

6fQjS3M.png

Archived