Florida Panthers Concept

elliott

Hello again, I was looking back through some of my old concepts and I saw a Panthers logo I had created incorporating slash marks, so I tried to work them into the design of this jersey. I also sorta kept in mind Cincinnati's pants, but mostly it was my own thinking here.

-I used the NHL all-star font from last year if you were wondering.

-I tried to put a modern twist on shoulder yokes.

-And, I tried to mirror the shoulders in the side striping and sleeve endings.

It's a little out there. But hopefully you like it.

Panthers2009.gif

Comments are appreciated, I'm gonna get back to NBA designs soon enough.

I like the addition of the stripes, but I'd work the navy into the slashes as well....maybe contain them within a navy stripe. I like how they're in the red part on the white jersey.

Oh, and kudos for going back to the red primary.

Its out their but its perfect for the Panthers and is 10X better then their current uniforms.

Like what was already said, you should probably ditch the blue triangles but other then that these look great!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Totally agree with Throwback. When you said "slash marks" I hesitantly clicked out of curiousity and prepared for the worst. To my surprise the concept doesn't look ugly and in fact I like it quite a bit. You incorporated the slash marks wonderfully without going overboard or making the jersey look like a minor league team. I like how you used a modern typeface without going overboard. The traditional block typeface seen on many jerseys just wouldn't work here. Again you didn't make the team look like a minor league team.

Away - Spot on perfect and I would buy one in a heartbeat. Don't change a thing. You used red and navy evenly while keeping yellow as an accent colour like it should be.

Home - I love how you used red because I don't like the current navy primary. Unfortunately you used so much red that I think it looks a little too plain. Play around with it by adding different combinations of navy and yellow to the sleeves, side panels and shoulder yoke. Keep the slashes the same so that they're consistent with the Away.

Criticisms aside, I will go on record as saying this is my favourite Florida Panthers concept I've seen on CCSLC. Awesome job.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Finally, a Panthers concept that doesn't involve them being moved lol.

I don't know what to think about this one. The "slashes" give a very tropical kind of feel to the jerseys, which fits South Florida pretty nice, but I think the road one is throwing it off for me. It needs to drop the red and use the same formula as the home set. Also how about a blue 3rd set? I like the return of the red but I do like the blue as well. I like where this is going, but the current Panther's set has grown on me a lot since it was introduced(I finally bought a new jersey the last time I was out at a game). As it stands I'm not sure I can say this is an upgrade(although again kudos for not re-branding them the Winnipeg Jets or Quebec Nordiques lol).

I agree with dropping the red on the white jersey. What I think you should do is replace the yellow slashes with red, and replace the white ones with yellow. Overall it's good and I too was skeptical.

Hello again, I was looking back through some of my old concepts and I saw a Panthers logo I had created incorporating slash marks, so I tried to work them into the design of this jersey. I also sorta kept in mind Cincinnati's pants, but mostly it was my own thinking here.

-I used the NHL all-star font from last year if you were wondering.

-I tried to put a modern twist on shoulder yokes.

-And, I tried to mirror the shoulders in the side striping and sleeve endings.

It's a little out there. But hopefully you like it.

Panthers2009.gif

Comments are appreciated, I'm gonna get back to NBA designs soon enough.

Great job on these Elliot. If you want to keep with the Bearcat feel you should put the slashes on the pants also since that is the only place have theirs. I did a Cincinnati hockey concept and did the slashes on the pants and I think they looked OK. But back to the concept, these are an upgrade from what they wear now.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I like this quite a lot. Professionally done, and the concept itself is creative and unique. On the home jersey, the lack of navy on the slashes doesn't hurt at all, due to all the other navy floating around. But on the road, I'd get rid of that side panel and just have that navy triangle with two yellow slashes flanking a red one. That way, it'd keep the striping fairly consistent, and eliminate the need for the side panel. I like the shoulder yoke, but I agree with the idea of putting slash marks on the pants. Navy alternate?

scotland_fifasig.png

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I got a lot of different ideas on how to make these better, so it's difficult to roll all the c+c into one to create one polished product. However, although I do appreciate the comments, I think a lot of your ideas would take away from the consistency.

@Korbyn, and others who said to drop the triangular insert: That part of the design was meant to complement the shoulder arcs, the navy part of the yoke, to go with the red. I think you lose consistency when that part is dropped.

@StoneRaizer: the reason I kept so much red on the homes is so when you changed the base color of the jersey to red, all the places where the red was originally would still look good. If that makes sense. I saw it like the Blue Jackets, they have the shoulders the same color as the base on the homes, then when you go to the aways, you see a lot more blue, but it still looks good. That's what I was going for on the arms, especially.

@fishheatcats: I really think that the aways are in the same formula as the home set. And yes, there is a lot of red in the aways, but I thought that the blue numbers and pants help cancel it out, so it is more balanced when you look at the whole set together and not just the striping. But it's good to year some hometown views here, I personally don't really like the Panthers current jerseys and that's why I wanted to change them

@logocruncher: I don't really like the idea of eliminating the side panels on the roads, because then you end up with different color slash marks on the arms and armpit area. I think you lose consistency.

So, that is my thinking. I really do think that my original concept brings the most consistency to the table. I'm not trying to argue with c+c or anything, and I'm not trying to be lazy by not changing these, I simply believe that it looks better like this.

Updated Home and Away with slash marks on pants:

Panthers2009-2.gif

Still subject to change.

Alternate, I tried to use the diagonal striping concept from their past generation of jerseys, put it on the arms, leave the shoulders, and add some slash marks, unbalanced, to fill some space near the bottom. It think it's Edge-ish. But still needs some work, prolly, so help is appreciated.

Panthers2009-Alt.gif

Really oddball? I don't think it ruined it whatsoever. It doesn't look so great though, I must admit. I guess I just don't like asymmetric things, and the slash marks don't really fit in with the rest of the jersey. Maybe keep the diagonal thing going, just make it match.

scotland_fifasig.png

These look ridiculously good. Usually slash marks look like s**t, but you executed them well. To incorporate the blue, maybe you should make the shoulder yokes navy blue and scrap the triangular things. They're not really blending in too well.

I kind of like the asymmetrical style for the alt jersey, but only as an alt jersey. I wouldn't want to see asymmetrical design like that on an everyday jersey, but I like it to just change things up from the standard unis. I mean, that's what alts are for right (other than making money)?

I didn't say you didn't try, I said that you ruined the concept. How? You went away from what was working. Bringing the 90's look into it kills it and the big slashes kill it. Go back to what was working and make that on a blue jersey. It may sound harsh, but when you have something good working, don't screw it up by thinking. You're not being paid to think. You kill the design because you have straight lines on a uniform with swooping lines, it fights it. Stay consistent.

I like the sweater on the alternate, it is different and that is the point of an alternate jersey, to be different from the normal look. I think the slashes on the pants might look better going up and down instead of to the side, kind of like the panther was slashing down. I think I understand why you did it that way, to match the jersey, but I think it might look better angled down. But that's just my opinion.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I didn't say you didn't try, I said that you ruined the concept. How? You went away from what was working. Bringing the 90's look into it kills it and the big slashes kill it. Go back to what was working and make that on a blue jersey. It may sound harsh, but when you have something good working, don't screw it up by thinking. You're not being paid to think. You kill the design because you have straight lines on a uniform with swooping lines, it fights it. Stay consistent.

Ok, thanks for the honest comments, it's just that, when you say "Why? Why did you ruin a perfectly good concept?" without saying why you think that, it sorta implies that I was trying to ruin it, or something.

Archived