2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cliff Floyd's leadership and grit

Gritty badness.

Yes he is too bad injuries ruined his career he was a class act too on and off the field

Have no fear Tank, help is on the way:

Nats trade Alberto Hernandez back to the Mess for batting equipment 2B prospect (in Single A), Greg Veloz.

Gritty badness.

Yes he is too bad injuries ruined his career he was a class act too on and off the field

Nats trade Alberto Hernandez back to the Mess for batting equipment 2B prospect (in Single A), Greg Veloz.

You have to applaud Minaya on this move. With Alberto Hernandez back in the fold, the Mets should be back atop the NL East in no time!

6uXNWAo.png

Gritty badness.

You have to applaud Minaya on this move. With Alberto Hernandez back in the fold, the Mets should be back atop the NL East in no time! 2012

Fixed

You have to applaud The Great Omar Minaya on this legendary move. With future Hall Of Famer Alberto Hernandez back in the fold, America's Team, the Mets, should be back atop the NL East in no time for centuries to come!

Fixed

Tanked.

6uXNWAo.png

BringBackTheVet, you called it with Moyer. Happ is going to stay in the rotation according to the Phillies GM which leaves Moyer as the odd man out. However, I guess they are not sure what they want to do with him just yet.

Story

BringBackTheVet, you called it with Moyer. Happ is going to stay in the rotation according to the Phillies GM which leaves Moyer as the odd man out. However, I guess they are not sure what they want to do with him just yet.

Story

With most players, I'd say put him on the 15-day DL, give Pedro two or three starts, then figure it out. Moyer would likely not be happy with a forced DL stint, so I'm not sure that'd work.

They really want to be careful with him, since he's so respected by his teammates, and he's the "hometown hero" so to speak. He's almost like a god-like figure to a lot of the players and fans. Unfortunately for him, I see a "future endeavor" coming soon. The Phillies have shown recently that they're not too cheap to eat a bad contract (hence why Adam Eaton is an 8M/year minor-league pitcher for some team.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Naturally Anderson Hernandez is back hes Omar's type

b cuz hees hispanick!!!!111 an omar only lieks hispanicks on da teem cuz hees hispanick 2!!!!111 itz raciss!!11

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Cardinals long-reliever Brad Thompson gets hit with a 3-game suspension for allegedly throwing at Mets batter David Wright.

Thompson and the Cardinals were getting rocked, and Pujols had previously been drilled in the elbow. Thompson brushed David Wright back with one up and in. I don't think he meant to go head-high with it, but I think the brush back was intentional.

Benches were warned after the incident.

Meanwhile, Russell Martin admitted that Guillermo Mota intentionally drilled Prince Fielder in retaliation to Manny being hit earlier in the game. Mota was ejected from the game. As a result, Mota was simply handed a fine. (Prince Fielder, who attempted to rush into the Dodgers clubhouse after Mota post-game, was also fined.)

Another outstanding job by MLB's disciplinary system.

Naturally Anderson Hernandez is back hes Omar's type

b cuz hees hispanick!!!!111 an omar only lieks hispanicks on da teem cuz hees hispanick 2!!!!111 itz raciss!!11

Some kid I know tells me this after every single move the Mets make or after every other bad play :lol:

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Cardinals long-reliever Brad Thompson gets hit with a 3-game suspension for allegedly throwing at Mets batter David Wright.

Thompson and the Cardinals were getting rocked, and Pujols had previously been drilled in the elbow. Thompson brushed David Wright back with one up and in. I don't think he meant to go head-high with it, but I think the brush back was intentional.

Meanwhile, Russell Martin admitted that Guillermo Mota intentionally drilled Prince Fielder in retaliation to Manny being hit earlier in the game. Mota was ejected from the game. As a result, Mota was simply handed a fine. (Prince Fielder, who attempted to rush into the Dodgers clubhouse after Mota post-game, was also fined.)

They should both be suspended three games. Torre and La Russa are both infamous beanball-ordering asshats.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Somehow, I think if the situation had been reversed, we wouldn't have heard a peep from you. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Somehow, I think if the situation had been reversed, we wouldn't have heard a peep from you. :P

Just like we haven't heard from Dodgers fans on it. Why would they or I bother if that were the case?

I'm not that upset anyways. Losing Brad Thompson for 3 days (less probably after an appeal) isn't anything terrible. But it's still a fairly ridiculous inconsistency I think.

But we've seen that type of thing before.

On the Fielder crap, and that's what it was, complete crap. What did the big baby expect? Your pitcher hit the star player and another player from the opposing team and he's upset? Baseball protocol has always been you hit my star, yours is going to get hit. If the damn umpires would let the game go, we'd get the big babies like Fielder who wouldn't be so good if they couldn't hang over the plate looking for the outside pitch. I'm sorry to the big baby, but get over yourself. If you want to show what kind of man you really are Court Jester, then the next time up step up and deposit a ball into right field instead of running off to the visitors clubhouse knowing you're going to get stopped and making it look like you were going to go in there. It's like the nerd who has all his friends around him fakely holding him back from getting his arse handed to him by the LB who he ticked off by asking the LB's girlfriend out for the 15th time this week. I'm sure he was just going into the Dodgers locker room because someone stole his Big Mac. Let me quote Jim Schoenfeld, "...you fat pig! Have another doughnut! Have another doughnut!"

My real question is, what is going to happen in Boston if the Red Sox keep going on this epic collapse? Will all of Boston jump into the Harbor? Will the curse of the Bambino return? Was he just on vacation? Will all that was right in the world, come again? The Yankees hated by everyone and the Red Sox go another 90 something years without winning a World Series? At this point in time, Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Washington look like they could walk into Boston and sweep them.

My real question is, what is going to happen in Boston if the Red Sox keep going on this epic collapse? Will all of Boston jump into the Harbor? Will the curse of the Bambino return? Was he just on vacation? Will all that was right in the world, come again? The Yankees hated by everyone and the Red Sox go another 90 something years without winning a World Series? At this point in time, Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Washington look like they could walk into Boston and sweep them.

No idea what Boston will do but I am really hoping we get to find out. All kidding aside, The Red Sox are 3.5 games out of first. I don't know if I'd start up with digging the hole to bury them just yet. There's a lot of season left.

BB52Big.jpg

No idea what Boston will do but I am really hoping we get to find out. All kidding aside, The Red Sox are 3.5 games out of first. I don't know if I'd start up with digging the hole to bury them just yet. There's a lot of season left.

Thanks for the laugh!

Archived