Houston Rockets Rebrand *UPDATED 1/15*

Shumway

Shumway,

Wonderful concept. this is a step up from what they have. I dislike their current threads and colors - I loved the orange & gold. You did a great job on this!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Meh. I'm not feeling the late 90s logo style in the red/gold. I like the alternate logo, but after that nothing really jumps out to me as an improvement(and I hate the current look, and actually liked the look your mimicking). Also I miss the rocket launching on the court.

I think this set would have been better served using the red/blue/silver scheme as opposed to the red/gold. The cartoony look combined with these colors just screams "McDonalds" to me for some reason.

All that being said everything is very well put together, and presented well, but I'm just not on board with this one.

Quick update: I got bored today(which happens often when you're unemployed) and worked with the alternate a little bit. No big changes, just went from yellow to red and fixed things accordingly. I originally didn't want two red jerseys, but there was just too much yellow going on with the other alt. I mean, it's still just like the god-awful jerseys Charles Barkley wore, but it's slightly better, kinda, maybe.

Hou_Alt2.png

Hot damn Shummy...this that ish right 'chea, knaw' mean???

No, seriously...I'm LOVING this! I, for one, am a fan of vibrant color (it's the Florida Boy in me), so I'm automatically a fan of reviving the yellow in the Rockets' scheme. While I may not necesarily be the biggest fan of the cartoon Rocket logo package from the mid '90s, it really does work with the colors here. The only thing that really bugs me about that, though, is the monogram logo. One of my absolute biggest peeves in logo design is teams using the first letter of the team nickname rather than the locale (Think Washington Redskins' "R", the Philadelphia Eagles "E", the Colorado Rockies "CR", that Houston Texans' "HT" secondary, so on and so forth)--it kinda defeats the whole purpose of a monogram, in my opinion.

One thing I ain't too keen on, though, is your shoice of number font, though I see what you were going for. I just see "Atlanta Falcons" in those numbers. Maybe a few more alterations wouldn't hurt--but that's just me. Also, kinda along the same line, I ain't really too hot about the red stroke inside the letters of the wordmark on the jerseys...it doesn't really match up too well with the numbers. I say either take that red (or inner) stroke out of the wordmark to better match the numbers, or add an inner stroke to the numbers. (That might also help them look a bit less "Atlanta Falcons-ish".) I'm completely ignorant when it comes to NBA court design, so i really can't say much about that. I will say, though, that this here might have just re-inspired me to try my hand at an NBA or some type of basketball concept at some point down the line.

And, let me add, that I LOVED the yellow alternate. I say again..LOVED it!

Oh...one other thing: I am also loving your presentation layout here! it seems as if you got some inspiration from Beatnik a lil' bit...but it's still original enough to be your own. Y'all keep this up, and I may have to rethink my own presentation layout. ^_^

(BTW...what's the lil' logo at the bottom right? Is that your brand logo?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hot damn Shummy...this that ish right 'chea, knaw' mean???

No, seriously...I'm LOVING this! I, for one, am a fan of vibrant color (it's the Florida Boy in me), so I'm automatically a fan of reviving the yellow in the Rockets' scheme. While I may not necesarily be the biggest fan of the cartoon Rocket logo package from the mid '90s, it really does work with the colors here. The only thing that really bugs me about that, though, is the monogram logo. One of my absolute biggest peeves in logo design is teams using the first letter of the team nickname rather than the locale (Think Washington Redskins' "R", the Philadelphia Eagles "E", the Colorado Rockies "CR", that Houston Texans' "HT" secondary, so on and so forth)--it kinda defeats the whole purpose of a monogram, in my opinion.

One thing I ain't too keen on, though, is your shoice of number font, though I see what you were going for. I just see "Atlanta Falcons" in those numbers. Maybe a few more alterations wouldn't hurt--but that's just me. Also, kinda along the same line, I ain't really too hot about the red stroke inside the letters of the wordmark on the jerseys...it doesn't really match up too well with the numbers. I say either take that red (or inner) stroke out of the wordmark to better match the numbers, or add an inner stroke to the numbers. (That might also help them look a bit less "Atlanta Falcons-ish".) I'm completely ignorant when it comes to NBA court design, so i really can't say much about that. I will say, though, that this here might have just re-inspired me to try my hand at an NBA or some type of basketball concept at some point down the line.

And, let me add, that I LOVED the yellow alternate. I say again..LOVED it!

Oh...one other thing: I am also loving your presentation layout here! it seems as if you got some inspiration from Beatnik a lil' bit...but it's still original enough to be your own. Y'all keep this up, and I may have to rethink my own presentation layout. ^_^

(BTW...what's the lil' logo at the bottom right? Is that your brand logo?)

Funny, or not so funny, thing, I actually had the alt logo as an H, rather than an R, and it just wasn't working for me. I'll see if I can rework it a bit. I've been working with the numbers a bit, so I'll probably have a repost coming sometime soon. I think you're the only person who actually liked the yellow alt.

The logo in the lower right is my personal logo. I'm in the process of "rebranding" myself, but I had it in there from a previous concept.

Update...here's what's been done.

- Primary logo: changed 'Rockets' to white to break up the yellow....also made "Rockets" in the wordmark white, for consistency

- Alt logo: Worked an "H" rather than an "R", per Bucco's suggestion, as well as my original intention.

- Home/Away Jersey: Added piping to the collars/cuffs/waistband to break up the red a bit. Added in-line to the numbers to match wordmark.

- Alt Jersey: Back to yellow!! (I didn't want two red jerseys) Fixed the numbers here as well.

- Court: Removed corporate sponsors, per NBA rule, apparently. I tried the shooting rocket thing, but it just wasn't working for me.

Hou_Logos2.png

Hou_Home2.png

Hou_Away2.png

Hou_Alt3.png

Hou_Court2.png

Archived