76ers going back to old logo and uniforms

Ripper

especially if they end up drafting anyone who's marketable.

It's the Sixers. Nobody they draft is marketable... :P

You are obviously forgetting the Rodney Carney era...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a sinking feeling that this "brand" is going to feature a ton of mis-matched elements, and multiple fonts. Hope I'm wrong.

Hope the new jerseys feature the translucent panels we've been hearing so much about...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The one thing I hated was the motion tail on the old logo. It was instrusive and ugly. Removing that and simplfying the color scheme would have been fine with me. I love the old/new logo and am glad to see it back. Here's hoping the unis can deliver.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Press conference supposedly started at 2 PM...any word from Philly yet?

I haven't heard anything yet, but if you look on the Sixers' site and view the Draft Preview video on the right hand side you will see the Sixers' draft hat for this year. It's the old logo. There might be more detail to it, but its the old logo for sure.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Just got back from the press conference. They didn't really announce anything. Didn't show uniforms (although the bunny mascot had on the retro white one). Didn't show any secondary logos or anything. Just said they were re-introducing the logo and distributed some shirts.

Not quite sure what to make of that whole thing. Pretty amusing though.

From the press release...

The only enhancement with the new logo will be a rectangular ?court? shaped enclosure around the ball logo with the city name ?PHILADELPHIA? grounded along the bottom and silver accent shaping the entire perimeter.

The Sixers will introduce a new secondary logo and wordmark at a later date. Additionally, the team will unveil a new court design and uniforms later this summer.

From the press release...

The only enhancement with the new logo will be a rectangular ?court? shaped enclosure around the ball logo with the city name ?PHILADELPHIA? grounded along the bottom and silver accent shaping the entire perimeter.

The Sixers will introduce a new secondary logo and wordmark at a later date. Additionally, the team will unveil a new court design and uniforms later this summer.

thats a bit encouraging with the secondary logo, wordmarks, and uni's to come later. at least maybe those will be new(ish)

also, im having trouble visualizing that rectangular thing...anyone maybe have a visual idea of that?

If you're not going to have the full logo ready to show off, why have this unveiling at all? Also, why do it before the uniforms are ready? Pretty anti-climatic. They could have just used the "new" logo at the draft, and nobody would have even really noticed, since they've been using it so much the past few years anyway. This whole thing (much like the Sixers '09-'10 season will be) was pretty pointless, and just a big tease.

Press release:

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/090623_logo.html

I'm beyond disappointed that the 76ers are ditching what I consider a pretty cool, modern looking logo, for something that clearly should have been left in the past...

I understand the red white and blue thing, fine. But if you're going to just be lazy and do nothing to your original logo, why not just recolor the current logo? The red alt, as many have discussed was dynamic looking and sharp as hell. WHy couldn't they have just made that their main road jersey and recreated something for the homes?

As are the the rest of you I'm interested in what the 76ers come up with for their primary...

As for the press conference, yeah, it appeared to be a total waste of time...

But w/e... Last offseason was crazy fun to watch the new teams unveil new looks, but this year looks to be bland and rather uneventful...

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

Archived