OKC Thunder concept

clutch

I've been working on this logo for about 4 days and I like how it's coming together, but I would like to put "Oklahoma City" somewhere in it, and possibly some lightning somewhere. So some help, suggestions, ideas, whatever. I would like to create jerseys, a secondary logo, and even a court design eventually. Please and Thank you.

thunderpre.png

I went with blue, black, and white, and maybe some silver if I need to add it. But just went with a basic font and a basketball underneath. Also a storm cloud up above. My main idea is to put "oklahoma city" arched around the ball on the bottom, and a lightning bolt somewhere with the cloud. maybe across the top of "thunder" please and thank you for your help and suggestions.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

I like where you are going with this. It needs to be cleaned up, but after it is, it could turn into a pretty nice logo. I wouldn't use lightning. I would also go with one more color so it's not all just white and blue. I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

I like the idea...clean, nice colors, but it's kinda plain. I agree with jayjackson3 about the colors... maybe some vegas gold? I dunno. But I don't agree with him about the lightning bolt. Maybe a vertical lightning bolt going straight down from the wordmark, dividing the ball in half? That might add some flair. Just a suggestion. And a suggestion for an alternate logo... make an interlocking OKC; it would look pretty sweet with these colors. Nice work.

scotland_fifasig.png

I like the idea with splitting the ball in half. now with the vegas gold. or yellowish color, where in the logo would you suggest adding it. like i was thinking in the lightning bolt for sure, and maybe around the lettering? or where else?

okay so i added the lightning bolt and the oklahoma city across the top of thunder. i appreciate the what you think it looks like but that doesn't help me much. give me ideas on how to fix it. and what do you think of this one? and any other color scheme ideas? i'll give them a try.

thunderprenumbertwo.png

I agree about ditching the gradient, the 'fuzz' effect around the lightning bolt looks very strange and doesn't fit with the rest of the design, and the shadow behind the logo is pretty distracting.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I agree about ditching the gradient, the 'fuzz' effect around the lightning bolt looks very strange and doesn't fit with the rest of the design, and the shadow behind the logo is pretty distracting.

agreed...there should never be photoshop layer styles on a logo, it should all be flat graphics.

if this is cleaned up, it could start to become something nice though.

Make the lightning bolt bulkier and have it extend past the bottom of the ball more. Get rid of all the effects, though. Just have the simple lightning bolt and wordmark. Could you outline the THUNDER wordmark in yellow instead of white? That might (emphasis on might) work.

scotland_fifasig.png

I liked the first one better. I think it you switched to a sharper, edgier font and added oklahoma city on top of Thunder you would have something decent. I know gradients are usually frowned upon, but there are exceptions where they work IMO. I think this is one of them.

okay so i added the lightning bolt and the oklahoma city across the top of thunder. i appreciate the what you think it looks like but that doesn't help me much. give me ideas on how to fix it. and what do you think of this one? and any other color scheme ideas? i'll give them a try.

thunderprenumbertwo.png

AHHHHHHH!!!!!! Gradient overload!

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Archived