Victoria Generals of Texas Collegiate League

undead

Looks alright, tho that "VG" cap logo looks really muddled. And I'm assuming that since they're calling this a collegiate league, the players aren't getting paid, right? I've just never heard of the concept before.

oh my god! a team from texas using a mustachioed figure with a cowboy hat with a color palette of navy blue, red, white, and grey and incorporating the texas flag! Amazing!!!! <_< I can just imagine the client brief on this project. oy.

Originality is key in Texas...

This is the Texas version of the Cape Cod League a buddy of my won mvp in the championship series a couple years ago playing for the McKinney Marshals. The league is getting more spread out originally it was only the DFW area but those teams have gone away over the years.

I was looking around the league website, what's with the East Texas Pumpjacks having what looks like two main logos? A Donkey with the team name and a Dinosaur with the team name?

And yes I am not from Texas and I readily admit that I don't get it why almost every new team that opens up shop in the State of Texas (at least the last 20 years or so) has to include the colors and design elements of the State Flag.

I think it shows a lack of imagination and individuality. Besides if they really want the uniforms to reflect the State they should be Red and Green and utilize elements of the Mexican Flag (just kidding :D ).

I only have two comments about this.

1. Other than being another in a long line of Texas teams that use the "red, white, and blue", I kinda like this set. I agree that Texas teams should show more originallity and move away from the colors of our flag, but sometimes it just works. I can't see this working with any other color scheme.

2. I live in Victoria and didn't even know we had this team. Its nice that we're getting more sports teams in town, regardless of what they look like. Besides, what they look like doesn't matter as much as how well they play. There is very little for families to do together and a day at the ball game is a great addition, and I can see this team being successful in our community. Now if we could only give Riverside Stadium a renovation so all our local baseball teams can have a home stadium they are proud of, V-town will be on its way.

You know, if it wasn't for Texas, nobody in the United States would know what patriotism means... :D

I don't have too much of a problem with it, considering they would be the only team with red, white, and blue in their logo. I think it's a nice addition to a league that sorta struggles to find homes for teams

I absolutely love this identity, I personally dont have very many problems with it. The only things im even remotely unsure about is the grey alternate uniform, wish they couldve put a script on that and put the general on the blue one instead (just a switch basically), but for the most part it is a rock solid identity. I love it!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Archived