Major League Soccer Logos

TruColor

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay well I am just wondering how far the expansion now will go before we see the league either fold or teams start moving elsewhere.

MLS will probably cap the league at 24 clubs, even though they proclaim to stand firmly on 20. There's too many potential expansion candidates (St. Louis, Atlanta, Miami, Ottawa, a club in NYC, just to name a few) who want to join the league. Recently, there has been chatter about a promotion/relegation system, which I cannot fathom how that would work with current American Soccer Pyramid.

I always assumed that MLS would try to do an American League/National League model, where the worse 2 teams in each league get relegated to the other league. Nothing negative but gives the moved team a change of pace and not losing to same teams every year and it mixes things up. I do not see any kind of promotion because casual american fans would abandon their MLS team if they go a minor league so they cannot label it all as such.

okay well I am just wondering how far the expansion now will go before we see the league either fold or teams start moving elsewhere.

MLS will probably cap the league at 24 clubs, even though they proclaim to stand firmly on 20. There's too many potential expansion candidates (St. Louis, Atlanta, Miami, Ottawa, a club in NYC, just to name a few) who want to join the league. Recently, there has been chatter about a promotion/relegation system, which I cannot fathom how that would work with current American Soccer Pyramid.

[/quo

I always assumed that MLS would try to do an American League/National League model, where the worse 2 teams in each league get relegated to the other league. Nothing negative but gives the moved team a change of pace and not losing to same teams every year and it mixes things up.

Shifting teams between the two conferences wouldn't change the teams they play - the MLS schedule is 30 games: one home game, one road game against every other club in the league.

The two conferences are solely for determining playoff spots, not the schedule itself.

But when you think that the pro/rel scheme will not happen until they get over 24 teams, one can justify have 2 - 12 team leagues that play everybody in their league twice (22 games) and then interleague once(12 games). With that you have 34 games which is still 4-6 games less than a Euro schedule.

Heck the US is big enough that in 25 years time there could be 32+ MLS Level Clubs. Wishful thinking yes, but its conceivable.

I always assumed that MLS would try to do an American League/National League model, where the worse 2 teams in each league get relegated to the other league. Nothing negative but gives the moved team a change of pace and not losing to same teams every year and it mixes things up.

Shifting teams between the two conferences wouldn't change the teams they play - the MLS schedule is 30 games: one home game, one road game against every other club in the league.

The two conferences are solely for determining playoff spots, not the schedule itself.

Only a matter of time before Portland comes out with the official logo

They are actually thinking about releasing it at the half of the US/England match on June 12th. Many folks have argued it would be better before the match.

4592950395_ecb4e14b14_o.png4593568880_52fa798bdd_o.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bumping this one to add the new Sporting Kansas City marks:

Primary Logo (with metallic RGB for the "Lead" border):

KansasCitySporting_PML1a_2011-9999.png

Primary Logo (with the flat alternate color for the "Lead" border):

KansasCitySporting_PML1b_2011-9999.png

Wordmark 1:

KansasCitySporting_WMK1_2011-9999.png

Wordmark 2:

KansasCitySporting_WMK2_2011-9999.png

Wordmark 3:

KansasCitySporting_WMK3_2011-9999.png

Wordmark 4:

KansasCitySporting_WMK4_2011-9999.png

Wordmark 5:

KansasCitySporting_WMK5_2011-9999.png

Wordmark 6:

KansasCitySporting_WMK6_2011-9999.png

The identity package includes that gradient-filled primary mark that we've all seen. I have not included it in this set, but it is designated as a "Dimensional" mark that is for online usage only.

Archived