Terrell Owens to Buffalo

Cujo

I guess that flies in the face of all the "nobody wants to play with this cancer" rhetoric your hear from all the talking heads.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, Greg. I would like to see any proof that any of his former teammates called him a clubhouse cancer. It seems to me that it's a case of a player being outspoken and the fans and media just don't like it, and are assuming that he's a "cancer".

I can't believe it, I got a text from my friend and i thought he was lying, 30 seconds later I get the official Bills text.

I seem to be the only Bills fan against it. He will ruin the locker room and will start pissing and moaning when Evans gets more balls.

Sure, he is a great receiver but there is more to football than skills.

I was out snowboarding all weekend and didn't bring my laptop nor had I turned on the TV. Sunday afternoon my Uncle called me to tell me the news and all I could think was "crap".

See for me, the thing about the Bills is that they haven't (well, until Marshawn go in trouble earlier this year) really been the team to have these rebel sort of players, seemed out of charecter.

This is why your not the only bills fan out there who doesn't love this.

He never shuts up. It's always something about how if he had the ball his team would win, or his qb...don't talk about my qb that way...or some crap.

T.O.'s numbers are fact, we can't deny that, but the b.s. he puts his teammates through should be enough for every team to just say "screw it. not worth it."

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I can't believe it, I got a text from my friend and i thought he was lying, 30 seconds later I get the official Bills text.

I seem to be the only Bills fan against it. He will ruin the locker room and will start pissing and moaning when Evans gets more balls.

I was out snowboarding all weekend and didn't bring my laptop nor had I turned on the TV. Sunday afternoon my Uncle called me to tell me the news and all I could think was "crap".

See for me, the thing about the Bills is that they haven't (well, until Marshawn go in trouble earlier this year) really been the team to have these rebel sort of players, seemed out of charecter.

He never shuts up. It's always something about how if he had the ball his team would win, or his qb...don't talk about my qb that way...or some crap.

T.O.'s numbers are fact, we can't deny that, but the b.s. he puts his teammates through should be enough for every team to just say "screw it. not worth it."

So he's a bad guy for wanting the ball when the game is on the line and defending his quarterback? I hate when players like that are on the teams I like.

So he's a bad guy for wanting the ball when the game is on the line and defending his quarterback? I hate when players like that are on the teams I like.

You're a Lions fan. I can't say I'm suprised.

I have no doubt that Owens will make the Bills a better team. Owens is hardly the only player to be a pain in the ass to his teammates and his reputation is far worse than reality. Sure, he takes it to a whole new level, but at least during most of those times he has performed. The Bills have solid running and now Owens to complement Evans. Taking that into consideration, I can't see how this is a bad deal, especially since Owens is on a one year "leash".

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

That's not what I was trying to say.

I mean his antics....which did include defending his QB in his cry baby way, and then later in the season blaming a loss because his QB wouldn't throw the ball to him, are complete distractions.

Like I said before, his numbers are his numbers. They are not to be denied. He can produce we all know that. But the little games he plays with the media are just distractions that I don't want to see. That's all I'm saying.

The signing is done, so i'm going to remain optimisitc as a Bills fan, but I won't be surprised if this turned out to be a complete waste of time and money.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

looks like T.O. will in fact take #81 from James Hardy. Not like Hardy has done anything to deserve keeping it.

toad123.jpg

It's bad that I focused more on the fact that "Wow, this is the UGLIEST jersey in the NFL" more than "Wow, T.O.'s really a Bill now."

It's bad that I focused more on the fact that "Wow, this is the UGLIEST jersey in the NFL" more than "Wow, T.O.'s really a Bill now."

hey, as long as he produces, i couldn't care less what they wear.

looks like T.O. will in fact take #81 from James Hardy. Not like Hardy has done anything to deserve keeping it.

No, that was my thoughts too. I cannot believe that they've kept those monstrosities for as long as they have. I'm no fan of going back to throwbacks, but they really have to do something. There's no way any competent non-vision-impaired can say that that is a good design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 month later...

Archived