Terrell Owens to Buffalo

Cujo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure, he is a great receiver but there is more to football than skills.

Well, look at all the Marshawn crap going on right now.

I'm quite excited. Just a big name coming to Buffalo is exciting enough on its own.

I am stunned I thought the only team to want him would be the Raiders, who would sign him Mike Vick, and Pac Man as Al Davis playing the role of sadist laughs as Coach Tom Cable has a stroke.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm quite excited. Just a big name coming to Buffalo is exciting enough on its own.

I don't like that either, I just like quality teams with good guys who can co-exist together. Like the 90-94 Bills.

saBS.png

christ, the Bills have absolutely no management or anything that will keep TO from being TO. the only team I could see him going to and not ripping them apart would be New England. He'll tear the city of Buffalo to threads. I can't wait to see the grades and complaints from reporters from the democrat & chronicle every monday.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

wow....where to begin.

it took me a good three hours for this to get through this hardcore bills fan's brain. why would TO choose buffalo with an unproven QB.....why would the bills sign a player with a character that goes against everything this franchise had stood for....what is lee evans going to think, after signing that huge deal last year....and most importantly, is trent edwards peeing his pants or what?

but i've come to this simple conclusion: The Buffalo Bills just signed the 2nd All-Time leader in touchdowns. They just signed a guy who has 1 less touchdown catch in the last two years than the entire Buffalo Bills team combined. And they signed him to a risk-free, 1 year deal that they can ditch him if it doesn't work out

The Bills are a better football team today than they were yesterday. And that gives me hope. I despise TO as a person, but I cannot deny his talent and the way he will transform this offense, which has been putrid since Bledsoe's first season. As far as "dividing the locker room"....This team had no leadership to begin with, the guys had never won a thing, what in the hell do we have to lose??

Still hasn't set in. Pinching myself.....Ow.

Yep. The Bills are officially relevant again.

It's one season, what's the worst that can happen?

Famous last words.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

it took me a good three hours for this to get through this hardcore bills fan's brain. why would TO choose buffalo with an unproven QB

Nobody else wanted him.

why would the bills sign a player with a character that goes against everything this franchise had stood for

The Jets had Favre and now Rex Ryan, the Dolphins landed Parcells and stole the division, and the Patriots are the Patriots. All this franchise has stood for is being the most irrelevant team in their division for a few years now. It's win now or you're fired for Jauron. Might as well go out guns blazing.

what is lee evans going to think, after signing that huge deal last year

Probably the same thing most Bills fans are thinking. "It's only one year."

and most importantly, is trent edwards peeing his pants or what?

Maybe quarterbacks will start having it written into their contracts that their team can not sign Terrell Owens as long as they are on the active roster.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

It's one season, what's the worst that can happen?

He could discover a love of dogfighting...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

owens_buf.png

I can see these selling like hotcakes.

I can't. Anyone who buys those obviously hasn't been following T.O.'s career.

Incase you didn't know... Popular uniform + New star player = $ales!

6uXNWAo.png

People are making this out to be the second coming of Christ. Who gives a crap about Owens.

Within a few years, no one. Once the circus that is Terrell Owens can't make plays any more, what then? Look at his career. In most games, the guy is the best receiver on the field. He makes great plays, but for what? What does it all add up to? An off-the-field carnival and not much else. And that's the shame of it. Taken as a whole, a career that could have been about championships and the HOF will end up a footnote. His antics will get far more play than anything he ever does on the field.

IMAPO (In my amateur psychologist opinion) he signed with Buffalo out of fear...fear that no one else would call. No offense to the Bills, they just happened to be the first team to show interest. He seems to need the attention so desperately that one day he'll stand up with a CFL jersey, than maybe an Arena jersey, and some pathetic day, probably with some semi-pro team's jersey. The media will dutifully report it and he'll have one more day in the sun.

As unstable as the guy seems at times, it will be interesting to see what he'll do once he's out of football and doesn't have his constant attention fix.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

People are making this out to be the second coming of Christ. Who gives a crap about Owens.

Within a few years, no one. Once the circus that is Terrell Owens can't make plays any more, what then? Look at his career. In most games, the guy is the best receiver on the field. He makes great plays, but for what? What does it all add up to? An off-the-field carnival and not much else. And that's the shame of it. Taken as a whole, a career that could have been about championships and the HOF will end up a footnote. His antics will get far more play than anything he ever does on the field.

IMAPO (In my amateur psychologist opinion) he signed with Buffalo out of fear...fear that no one else would call. No offense to the Bills, they just happened to be the first team to show interest. He seems to need the attention so desperately that one day he'll stand up with a CFL jersey, than maybe an Arena jersey, and some pathetic day, probably with some semi-pro team's jersey. The media will dutifully report it and he'll have one more day in the sun.

As unstable as the guy seems at times, it will be interesting to see what he'll do once he's out of football and doesn't have his constant attention fix.

For one, he definitely won't be on the Bills anymore.

I don't like that either, I just like quality teams with good guys who can co-exist together. Like the 90-94 Bills.

They've done that since 1999 though, and it hasn't worked.

And, anyway, I think the one-year deal was smart. Owens' first year with teams is normally the sweet spot -- the Cowboys were best NFC team for most of the seasons when they first got him, and TO took the Eagles to the Super Bowl his first season there. As a Bills fan, I'm excited.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

"T.O.''

Bills chief operating office Russ Brandon woke up sometime after midnight Friday morning and noticed there was a text message on his cell phone. So he reached over and looked. It was from Trent Edwards, the quarterback of the Bills. "T.O.'' That's all it said.

Brandon shot back with this: "?''

"T.O. was released. Go get him,'' Edwards texted back.

an interesting twist to the whole saga. edwards has much bigger kahunas that i ever thought.

Archived