Brodeur Breaks Roy Wins Record!

jkrdevil

I know it was mentioned in the NHL thread but this is big enough news that it deserves it's own thread. With a 3-2 win over the Blackhawks tonight Marty Brodeur won his 552nd goal passing Patrick Roy and setting a new NHL record for all-time wins!

Congrats Marty it has been a pleasure to watch you for the past 15 years and hopefully a few more years!

If he can stay healthy, and start taking some games off, he has a chance to hit 700.

That would be insane.

All this for a goaltender who i was originally pissed at for replacing Terreri. Go figure. :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i would have been a lot more appreciative if this hadnt been done against the blackhawks :mad: . But brodeur really is simply amazing. He deserves the record and the numbers speak for themselves.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

That is true, but it looked like a special moment tonight cutting the net, I just made a guess figured he would lose twice, sit once, and the record was going to fall on the 20th so I brought that ticket.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tank,

I actually thought about you going to the naxt game when he broke the record.

Kinda like after he broke Howe's record each point Gretzky scored set a new record, so will Broduer with wins.

However, being at the next home game you'll get to see the pre-game ceremony and get to take great pics.

-Dan

Edit: And cutting the net... Roy did that in Washington the night he set the record. But he used "golden scissors"

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view...;sigb=13o8l6eqj

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Also, does anyone find it ironic that he broke Roy's record on St. Patrick's Day?

Tie the record in Montreal with Roy in attendance and his #33 hanging in the rafters above...then break the record on St. Patrick's day. It was destined to happen!

Congrats Marty! My second favorite goalie! After Cujo!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Congrats to Marty.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Congrats to Marty.

I'm not sure his ex-wife's brother thinks so.

Yea... he banged both sisters. That man is a true legend.

:P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived