Memphis Grizzlies Concept

HisAirness24

First off, I wanna give some credit to beatnik's old Memphis Grizzlies concept that inspired me to make my own one.

There is some subtle change here, but I think with the addition of brown and keeping the baby blue, it makes the identity of the Grizz stand out more.

Specifically, I got rid of the darker blue and also the yellow.

I made some changes to the coloring and a bit to the wordmark, so judge for yourself....

grizzconcept.jpg

NOTE: The brown on the away jersey looks like it's black, but it's really dark brown.

Thanks

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

Very good job, uhm, let me see if I can give you some tips.

Ok, well, the thin light brown line seems lost with the dominant dark brown, int he home one. I suggest you to make them lighter, or put some space between line and panel side; write a real name of a player instead of alphabet, looks much more porfessional; I would put a line around the numbers.

Thank you for credit me, it's not very common nowadays.

Thanks for the comments and feedback guys, I made some changes...

- I included the MAYO and 32 change from 46 and ABCDEFG

- Changed the side panels around to make the jersey stand out more

memphisgrizzliesconcept.jpg

C&C welcome. Thanks.

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

I think you have gone in a very good direction and I like most of your choices. The uniforms look amazing apart from one little detail. And I would like to emphasize the word "little". That Grizzly head logo on the collar is tiny, bro. I guess the other thing I would change would be the placement and use of colors on the jerseys. I think it is important for the uniforms to appear the same whether they are home or away. I would say use the home jersey as a base, and make the color choices on the away match that.

So on the home you have something that looks like this:

Color A-Jersey color

Color B-Primary name/number/wordmark color, collar and arm-hole trim color, and piping and trim on side panels.

Color C-In-line on wordmark and numbers, and side panel triangle.

Color D-Inner side panel color that reaches from top of jersey to bottom of shorts.

So on the home uniform Color A=White, Color B=Brown, Color C=Light Blue, and Color D=Tan. I would just change those assignments for the away uniform. Color A could be Brown, Color B could be Light Blue, Color C could be Cream, and Color D could be Tan again. Thats just the way I like to see things set up, but I'm kinda insane.

eRay - I tried my best with the Grizzly head on the collar but you probably won't see much difference. I did adjust the away to the home.

Here's how it looks in comparison:

grizzunis.jpg

16 NBA Titles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I like the brown but can't really see them selling a whole bunch of turd colored team apparel.

Why not? I'm more than sure the Browns sell jersey because it's their teams color so why wouldn't Memphis fans support a brown scheme which IMO is better than their current navy! If they used that same type of brown that the Cleveland Browns call 'brown', then it could work because it looks damn near black unless you're up close to it. The team is already using a dark color with navy so swapping it for a dark chocolate brown mixed with the other two shades and an 'electric blue' (i.e. SD Chargers), would look superb! Like someone stated before it's an un-common color combo in the NBA and it would break them away from the look of the Jazz.

The secondary logo doesn't make any sense, though. The bear is brown in the primary, yet the hand is blue in the secondary.

Nice catch Unwind, I didn't even see that one....Airness you should make the ball blue and the paw light brown that should fix it.

Archived